Reservoir Dogs Reboot Mafia: Criminals Win!!!

Malfatron

28 minutes ago, SwAg said:

For what it’s worth, Dome, I think you’re making the right argument right now.

Care to elaborate?

30 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Just don’t know how persuasive it is when you’re fighting from a point of game vulnerability, rather than thread vulnerability.

Care to elaborate?

1 minute ago, Dome said:

I didn't ask you to explain it, I asked you to elaborate. 

I don't know.  When there is what seems like 1v1 WIFOM going on, I tend to abstain from getting too involved.  

The amount of arguments that could effectively be made right now is fairly limited.  Squire and Rick opened James internal thought process to scrutiny, which James elaborated upon.  The detailing of the thought process that resulted in James targeting you is not the most sound based upon the other thread information.  It's naturally a weak aspect of the accusation that is related, but not necessarily essential, or even contradictory to the principle claim.  

Thus, it's attacking the claim in the most effective manner, but it's not necessarily inherently effective because the arguments are in separate lanes.  It's attacking a game argument with a threadplay argument.  Yeah, it can be effective, but it's also a fallacy to require one for the other to be viable.  This sentiment is particularly prevalent when the issue is inculpatory, but not necessarily the focus when exculpatory, but the propositions involved are generally similar (if the not the same).  

I also think it could be persuasive for other people, but I don't know that it does much for me.  It shifts the inquiry to the process rather than the result, and in certain circumstances I think that is more valuable (and more effective), but I do not think this is one of those scenarios. 

Plus, I understand the thought process behind targeting you (or a handful of other people) for "no reason."  But James can elaborate on that (or not).   

Just not sure it's an appealing counter to me, but it's the best and most rational argument available, and you didn't use the arguments that would make me think you're howling.  So, that counts for something. 

I'll actually be around during phase shift and the day, so I'll sleep on it.

Dome, be real with me, I won't tell them:

You trying to get me to out people (and their targets) to limit the pool of who could be responsible for certain night actions, and thus fulfilling some final use for your faction before your death?

10 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Dome, be real with me, I won't tell them:

You trying to get me to out people (and their targets) to limit the pool of who could be responsible for certain night actions, and thus fulfilling some final use for your faction before your death?

No 

Here is where I am on the James red lettering Dome situation.  I think it is fair to put aside the reasoning behind why James choose to investigate Dome.  It will have some merit at the end, so we can revisit it then.

To me, looking at the results needs to be a starting point from a probability perspective.  @Whicker you are a card player, so calculating odds when making decisions is something you should be familiar with.  @SwAg  I believe you are a big numbers and odds calculator when it comes to end of game situations (or at least I recall you looking at that a good amount in some of your first games here).  Every one else is certainly should weigh in as well.

50% chance the results are good/true

50% chance the results are bad/false.   Within this, why it would be false is worth parsing out.  1.   James is scum and faking an invest  2.  James report is tainted by some process (framed, crazy invest (breakfast club mafia).  Not sure if there are any other real scenarios

So the %

True - 50%

false due to faked invest - 25%

false doe to tainted invest - 25%

Now each of us can move those numbers around as to how we feel on the rationale, typical James game play (would he fake an invest), chance of a tainted result being in the game, etc.  

As on now, I am going with the higher probability play.  

Dome

2 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

Look at you dome, trying to outwit this. 

Trying to show you knuckleheads why you shouldn’t lynch the MFer that lolcleared himself d1 lmao

surprised you forgot that 

Archived