Reservoir Dogs Reboot Mafia: Criminals Win!!!

Malfatron

16 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

SwAg was very adamant that we go back and pick his recent posts if he were to be killed.
I tried doing so and couldn't pick up any hints that he was allegedly laying down. 
Has anyone else read his posts? I'll read them over again in a bit and see if I missed anything.

I saw one when he made it. Gimme a bit to reread

4 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

If my invest results were accurate, why would his not be accurate? 

The only thing I can think of is a frame, that would cause his invest results to be false.  

At the same time, the more important thought.....

Why are you still alive? The protector would be the first person to be arrested and yet somehow you are still alive. 

we could ask the same about you to be honest if you are an investigator

On 1/7/2019 at 7:58 PM, SwAg said:

That just added more questions than answers.

On 1/7/2019 at 7:59 PM, SwAg said:

lol, you have my sword.

On 1/7/2019 at 8:00 PM, SwAg said:

Hold on you two, I'll go get the goblets.

On 1/7/2019 at 8:08 PM, SwAg said:

I don't see James risking a false gambit as scum (because he's a ***** as scum).  So, I hope this evolves at some point.

On 1/7/2019 at 8:12 PM, SwAg said:

I have these goblets here.  James already filled me up.  Dome, what are you doing?

On 1/7/2019 at 8:18 PM, SwAg said:

I feel like I was right on the "kill."

On 1/7/2019 at 8:18 PM, SwAg said:

But that's rather immaterial for us thirsty boys right now

On 1/8/2019 at 12:39 AM, SwAg said:

What am I guessing?  Who you can lolclear?  Well, the power of deduction has it down to three people, and I’m not one of them.

On 1/8/2019 at 12:49 AM, SwAg said:

I don’t know.  This seems like the suggestive rhetoric psychics use to trick people into filling in blanks.  You don’t know who to clear, so you’re throwing it out there in a tangential manner and inviting inquiry, hoping that someone will subconsciously fill in a blank, then you read between the lines and lolclear that person and hope the person agrees with you.  Or, I’m wrong.

On 1/8/2019 at 2:01 AM, SwAg said:

For what it’s worth, Dome, I think you’re making the right argument right now.

Just don’t know how persuasive it is when you’re fighting from a point of game vulnerability, rather than thread vulnerability.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:43 AM, SwAg said:

I don't know.  When there is what seems like 1v1 WIFOM going on, I tend to abstain from getting too involved.  

The amount of arguments that could effectively be made right now is fairly limited.  Squire and Rick opened James internal thought process to scrutiny, which James elaborated upon.  The detailing of the thought process that resulted in James targeting you is not the most sound based upon the other thread information.  It's naturally a weak aspect of the accusation that is related, but not necessarily essential, or even contradictory to the principle claim.  

Thus, it's attacking the claim in the most effective manner, but it's not necessarily inherently effective because the arguments are in separate lanes.  It's attacking a game argument with a threadplay argument.  Yeah, it can be effective, but it's also a fallacy to require one for the other to be viable.  This sentiment is particularly prevalent when the issue is inculpatory, but not necessarily the focus when exculpatory, but the propositions involved are generally similar (if the not the same).  

I also think it could be persuasive for other people, but I don't know that it does much for me.  It shifts the inquiry to the process rather than the result, and in certain circumstances I think that is more valuable (and more effective), but I do not think this is one of those scenarios. 

Plus, I understand the thought process behind targeting you (or a handful of other people) for "no reason."  But James can elaborate on that (or not).   

Just not sure it's an appealing counter to me, but it's the best and most rational argument available, and you didn't use the arguments that would make me think you're howling.  So, that counts for something. 

I'll actually be around during phase shift and the day, so I'll sleep on it.

On 1/8/2019 at 4:08 AM, SwAg said:

Dome, be real with me, I won't tell them:

You trying to get me to out people (and their targets) to limit the pool of who could be responsible for certain night actions, and thus fulfilling some final use for your faction before your death?

On 1/8/2019 at 4:09 AM, SwAg said:

Actually, I don't know if you meant to, but I'm having a Jimmy Neutron brain blast right now.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:44 PM, SwAg said:

Part of Dome’s claim sounds cool in the context of this flavor.  But it also sounds like it could be made up to fit the flavor.  Surprised you went with handcuffs instead of prison breakout.

22 hours ago, SwAg said:

Dome is howling.

I don't know what some of you all are doing.

He wanted all the information in the thread to exacerbate the information asymmetry and was fishing for rule violations.

22 hours ago, SwAg said:

oh, wow.

22 hours ago, SwAg said:

I think you both might have someone.  Dome being Cop and Squire being aligned with the law are claims that can co-exist.

22 hours ago, SwAg said:

Why you questioning Pickle, then?  Surely you should be ecstatic than anyone else would be on the block?  Rather than your misdirection play on Squire failing?

22 hours ago, SwAg said:

You seemed to entertain doubt a bit more than this would suggest.

22 hours ago, SwAg said:

Yeah, it's definitely not Touch.

22 hours ago, SwAg said:

Jesus Christ.

Squire and Dome might be howling.

22 hours ago, SwAg said:

I'mma be drunk from all the wine.

22 hours ago, SwAg said:

Since no one touched on the subject of my results: my targets went nowhere.

I think we can build constructive bases for lynches over the next few days with all this information.

22 hours ago, SwAg said:

Re-read my recent posts if I'm dead. Really read them.

22 hours ago, SwAg said:

You're howling, bro.

22 hours ago, SwAg said:

Dome and Squire are probably both scum.

I think Dome is less of a nighttime threat.

22 hours ago, SwAg said:

I don't think believing both of you is irreconcilable.

22 hours ago, SwAg said:

I'm buying what Rick is selling.

22 hours ago, SwAg said:

About James, about his investigation, about the Dome lynch.

Just the series of inquiries rather than accepting it.  I don't know, if you had the Dome-Touch invest in your pocket, I don't know that it makes sense to do all that.

22 hours ago, SwAg said:

No.  Well, probably not.  I think there is a distinction between a cop and a "rat." At the time, I thought James called your role (Cop) and then Pickle claimed Squire was aligned with The Law.  So, in my thought process, you were the cop, and Squire was the inside man.

22 hours ago, SwAg said:

You think the guy who was so vaunted in his undergraduate psychology studies that he became a heist criminal is unlikely to get precise information?

21 hours ago, SwAg said:

Yeah, I genuinely believe both Rick and James.  I think Squire is more of a threat tonight, which may not make a whole lot of sense to other people (and really, it shouldn't make a ton of sense to others), but it's where I'm at.

21 hours ago, SwAg said:

No, you ******* pig.

21 hours ago, SwAg said:

Shrug, I'm with Rick for today.  The invest and subsequent thread argument persuaded me.  Plus, I'm not sure Dome is that pressing of a threat for tonight in particular.

21 hours ago, SwAg said:

Remember to re-read my posts if I'm gone after Night.

21 hours ago, SwAg said:

And think about phrasing that could correspond to people.

4 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:
22 hours ago, SwAg said:

Yeah, it's definitely not Touch.

4 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:
22 hours ago, SwAg said:

Since no one touched on the subject of my results: my targets went nowhere.

I think we can build constructive bases for lynches over the next few days with all this information.

I think touch went nowhere. At least one of the night. 

Do you really think him using the word "touched" was his secret message?
If so I was way off basis. I was trying to look into the meaning of him mentioning a goblet, thirsty boys, and getting drunk on wine.

Just now, Nazgul said:

If so I was way off basis. I was trying to look into the meaning of him mentioning a goblet, thirsty boys, and getting drunk on wine.

I was off base too!

3 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

21 hours ago, SwAg said:

Remember to re-read my posts if I'm gone after Night.

21 hours ago, SwAg said:

And think about phrasing that could correspond to people.

3 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

I don't know what to make of the wine thing, other than referring to WIFOM

9 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

In the context of his posts, what does "howling" mean? Like being obvious to your role, or what? I didn't get that wording / meaning.

for swag "howling" means scum. He started using it last game against Orca who was a werewolf.

You were alive and active that game, and don't you know what howling means? 

If you play with me long enough you'll realize I'm kind of an idiot savant. 

I am a master of my craft but also effin' stupid most of the time.

Besides, my thought on the howling thing was pretty much right anyway. Just wanted to make sure. You're gonna make me too embarrassed to ask questions if you keep calling me out like that though.

The goblet thing might have a reference to something, as would possibly be the Jimmy Neutron statement.  It was in response to dome pondering why had the attacker not been hit yet 

On 1/8/2019 at 4:09 AM, SwAg said:

Actually, I don't know if you meant to, but I'm having a Jimmy Neutron brain blast right now.

This would most likely be in reference to Bcb's character.

It could mean a few things and I'm not sure which way to think.  I think the interpretation of it will effect my vote 

Archived