BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Welcome to our Special Edition of Draft Day Coverage, albeit Pre-Draft right now, we are here for an exclusive interview with Anchorage Wolves Owner Counselor.

Welcome to the show and thank you for your time. 

First of all, the Draft is less than a day away.  Are you ready for everything to unfold?

Ive been ready since the season ended. This is my favorite part of BDL. 

Do you feel confident in being able to get a guy in the first round that can help you?

I have two first round picks so I feel confident in getting two guys. You didn’t ask me about my draft history but my first draft I think I did pretty well adding some key pieces with later round value Kupp (5th) Kittle (7th). Last years draft class didn’t perform much but I believe in year two I will start to benefit from that group. 

There has been talk with a few teams according to rumors anyway, about the sixth overall pick.  Has there been any indication of potential movement?

Ive spoken to three teams about the pick but I don’t have any agreed upon offers on the table at the moment. In all likelihood Anchorage will probably be making the 6th pick. 

With Louisiana having such high value picks, do you think they truly have the best chance at success or are they buying into the hype potentially only to spend the highest picks on the biggest busts?

They will move down several times and load up for future years. I think they will get two defensive cornerstones in the top 3 and that 4th pick will be the one they use to continue to build future draft capital. It’s quite impressive. 

A few teams have already declared their opinionated ability to win their division, do you buy into any of it?

Any given Sunday is a real thing. Look at Hawaii winning it all last year. 

What should we expect of Anchorage on draft day?

We are going BPA. This is a couple year rebuild. I am not a couple of pieces away. So I won’t be pigeon holing myself into any positions. 

If you could say anything in the pre-draft portion of the season to the rest of the teams in the league what would it be?

Best of luck to you all: 

What players, not necessarily on your big board, stick out the most to you in terms of overall talent?

Quinnen Williams is off my board because he won’t be there at 6. But man is he going to be a force. He is my number one player in the draft. 

• Like 2