BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

14 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’d just love to know if I’m starting McCaffrey or not since I have to do my write up tonight due to a busy weekend 

Deal should be approved, no reason not to. 

I'm writing it as I will have McAffrey. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Counselor said:

It was great on the pc but difficult on my phone and I’m on the phone a majority of the time 

I forget that people are using phones more now than ever.

I can't imagine doing any of this stuff on a phone but I can't imagine doing a forum posted tank either on a phone...ha.

Is it the form that's difficult or the workbook or both?  

Would reducing the amount of info in the FA tracker be more helpful?  For example, the FA Bid Tracker sheet, if I removed everything but the players name and the leading bids would that be helpful?  Anything you can think of that might make it easier for you and the rest of the phone users?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I forget that people are using phones more now than ever.

I can't imagine doing any of this stuff on a phone but I can't imagine doing a forum posted tank either on a phone...ha.

Is it the form that's difficult or the workbook or both?  

Would reducing the amount of info in the FA tracker be more helpful?  For example, the FA Bid Tracker sheet, if I removed everything but the players name and the leading bids would that be helpful?  Anything you can think of that might make it easier for you and the rest of the phone users?

The workbook won’t load on my phone 

8 minutes ago, Counselor said:

The workbook won’t load on my phone 

oh I didn't know this.

Do me a favor and see if this loads on your phone.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10xmV25E64iHUiPXPzo87AGYjUafQZ81mugHPayVMhJM/edit?usp=sharing

If not, let me know.  This is basically just a linked workbook to the FA Bid Tracker sheet only.  This would at least insure you get the right spelling and if they are available.

If this works, we could provide two workbooks one packed with info the other not so much and since they are linked the info provided would be identical.

Edited by ny92mike

Just now, Jlash said:

I loved the new shark tank. Thought it was awesome.

Good to hear...Any issues if the team pages were relocated in an attempt to speed up the updating processes?

Also, after unlocking the workbook the copy / paste option worked well for you.  Did you have any issue with the code or would you like to see it removed or to use the sign in method?  

5 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I loved the new shark tank. Thought it was awesome.

Would you be opposed to seeing if something like this could be created for the other free agency?

It might need to be done using privately owned workbooks, but the basics would be the same with the goal of making it easier to track and manage.

15 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

oh I didn't know this.

Do me a favor and see if this loads on your phone.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10xmV25E64iHUiPXPzo87AGYjUafQZ81mugHPayVMhJM/edit?usp=sharing

If not, let me know.  This is basically just a linked workbook to the FA Bid Tracker sheet only.  This would at least insure you get the right spelling and if they are available.

If this works, we could provide two workbooks one packed with info the other not so much and since they are linked the info provided would be identical.

It works

32 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Good to hear...Any issues if the team pages were relocated in an attempt to speed up the updating processes?

Also, after unlocking the workbook the copy / paste option worked well for you.  Did you have any issue with the code or would you like to see it removed or to use the sign in method?  

Once you unlocked c+p it was smooth sailing. The code was easy enough, too.

28 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Would you be opposed to seeing if something like this could be created for the other free agency?

It might need to be done using privately owned workbooks, but the basics would be the same with the goal of making it easier to track and manage.

I'd be open for a test run of a free agency, maybe we can do some sort of simulation.