BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

20 hours ago, WFLukic said:

At the start of the year, a lot of people were talking about how QB play is overrated because teams with backups were winning (i.e. the Saints, Steelers, Jaguars). 

However of the teams remaining in playoff contention, 13 of the top 14 current starting QBs in the league are on them. Matt Ryan is the only top QB that isn't in playoff contention, while Hodges is the only **** QB that is. 

I think that was the wrong takeaway from those situations. Bridgewater is better than a lot of teams' starters; Steelers started 1-4 with 5 wins against the Browns, Bengals, Chargers, and Dolphins; Jags haven't been above .500 all year. Very different situations for each of those teams and the narrative of "backups were winning" isn't even really true.

As for "all the top 14 QBs are in playoff contention," Stafford and Goff deserve to be in that conversation. Don't know where I'd rank them exactly, but I don't think Josh Allen or Jimmy Garoppolo have shown enough to prove they're better yet and Kirk Cousins is, well, Kirk Cousins.

18 hours ago, WFLukic said:

b..b..but Josh Allen had a bad completion percentage in college!1!1

Josh Allen has a bad completion percentage in the pros, too. He's not generating enough big plays consistently to make up for very subpar accuracy, but he's taking pretty good care of the ball and that's what Buffalo needs from him right now to make the playoffs. We'll see what happens then.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I got the writeups. I'm gonna work on them after the 4pm games, wrapping gifts and watching the Steeler game right now. But I wanna make this thread EPIC. Itll be worth the wait, I promise 

This may sound harsh, but just get it done. No need for the extras. 

Just now, MD4L said:

Gasp, Drew Brees needs some time to get it a going vs a Titans defense missing Adoree Jackson. I can’t believe he couldn’t hold up from last weeks pace. 

Shame on Brees for not completing 96% of his passes vs a defense missing 2/3 starters. It’s like the other pieces to a team.... Matter!