BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

2 hours ago, MD4L said:

Well like you said about @wwhickok, it’s a great learning experience for yourself as a trade committee member. This trade doesn’t destroy balance of the leauge which is the only time a veto should truly be of use.

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

I retract my approval. Take me off this committee. It’s cutthroat business 

No, I'll let him back out if he wants.  It's ridiculous that you both essentially vetoed, and I dont remember anyone else letting someone bail on a trade that some felt wasnt perfectly balanced, including deals for QBs, but I'll let him do it regardless.  Even though it in NO WAY harms the competitive balance of the league.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

No, I'll let him back out if he wants.  It's ridiculous that you both essentially vetoed, and I dont remember anyone else letting someone bail on a trade that some felt wasnt perfectly balanced, including deals for QBs, but I'll let him do it regardless.  Even though it in NO WAY harms the competitive balance of the league.

That’s up to you bud

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

But it was not yet approved? So you are going to stick him with the trade?

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

I retract my approval. Take me off this committee. It’s cutthroat business 

Considering it's what you said, it's not how I feel, it is your exact words.

26 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

If this wasn’t a newbie, it’s a nonstory.

1 minute ago, SwoleXmad said:

I think we should put a trade lock on a team for 2 weeks for new owners or something to prevent this kind of stuff (Exceptions being, mid season and extenuating circumstances etc.) 

Says the guy who just made two trades with the new guy 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MD4L said:

If this wasn’t a newbie, it’s a nonstory.

I would at least understand where yall were coming from if I approached him, if I made the offers, if I actively like took advantage of someone.  I told him that I'd want at least a 1st and a player for Evans based on draft status and play over last year.  That offer was his response.  

And I fail to see how them being a newbie alters the standard of detrimental to the balance of the league.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I would at least understand where yall were coming from if I approached him, if I made the offers, if I actively like took advantage of someone.  I told him that I'd want at least a 1st and a player for Evans based on draft status and play over last year.  That offer was his response.  

And I fail to see how them being a newbie alters the standard of detrimental to the balance of the league.

I never formally vetoed. I said I would not approve.