BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

"Should be" means theyre not right now and theyre just as likely to not be.

Have you watched AR throw the football recently?

Goff had a good year but like i said about Newton, you saw Goffs ceiling in the SB.

Rivers has also had better years in the past than Ben but never had the accomplishments.

What i am saying about Wilson is his ability to move around and throw is what he excelled at early on.

I mean that I would take any of them over Big Ben right now as we go into next season.  I think most that I listed are better and the rest will prove to be over the course of next season.

As a Packers fan, yes I have.  He is universes better than Big Ben.

Disagree about Goff, the Rams got outcoached.

Ben has gotten carried to his postseason 'accomplishments' by his teammates.

Wilson is easily better than Ben right now.  

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Are you suggesting his MVP was a fluke? A top 5 running QB and he is good enough to win games in the pocket when teams stop his special dual threat.

Fluke? Thats arguable but let's be real Jared Goff is proof that even mediocre quarterbacks can have a great years

Everyone evaluates players differently. Im good with that, but some of the guys you listed...

Agreed. I do infact highly value YPA, completion percentage, and accuracy. Yet Cam does so much to win and does it in unique fashion. His stats in those areas are allieviated by his special ability to use his legs. 

Just now, MD4L said:

Agreed. I do infact highly value YPA, completion percentage, and accuracy. Yet Cam does so much to win and does it in unique fashion. His stats in those areas are allieviated by his special ability to use his legs. 

I like Cam dont get me wrong. I think he is a top 10 QB. I just dont view him as an elite QB

We can agree to disagree. But its dillusional to think Ben is the 12th best QB in the league.

I think 8-12 is definitely fair.  

Just now, BringinDaPain said:

I can not find the answer so I will ask it. Will any unused cap roll over to next year?

Nope.  Clean slate each season.  

Just now, wwhickok said:

I like Cam dont get me wrong. I think he is a top 10 QB. I just dont view him as an elite QB

His injuries definetly have removed him from my top 5, but I agree with this statement.

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I think 8-12 is definitely fair.  

Nope.  Clean slate each season.  

Top 8, i think you could make a fair arguement. But one good year from Goff, Watson, Mayfield, and so on...does NOT make them better. You might believe in them more for the future, and that makes sense given age differences but to say theyre better, there isnt even enough groundwork for that suggestion. Imo.