BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

2 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

This is such a random attack of a prospect lol

Go into the actual draft thread on this forum. One dude literally said he makes 10 mistakes for every 1 big play he makes and stands by that. 10:1. That't not even draftable.

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Go into the actual draft thread on this forum. One dude literally said he makes 10 mistakes for every 1 big play he makes and stands by that. 10:1. That't not even draftable.

Yeah that’s so ridiculous 

I would love to have White in the middle of Jarrad Davis and Uchenna Nwosu (who I think will come on next year)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jlash said:

All of a sudden PR’s claim is not ludicrous.

26 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Again, as I've pointed out in other threads in this forum it's MAJOR sensationalism to say the guy can't diagnose plays. Does he see plays coming in the mold of a guy like Kuechly or Borland? No,  not yet. But also, as I've pointed out, he just finished IN TOTAL HIS 3RD SEASON PLAYING THE LB POSITION and he's as good as he is. Combine that with ridiculous athleticism and you're a flat out clown if you don't think this guy can be an elite playmaker in the league.

He played LB in high school as well.. so this is over 3 years at the position. He focused on his defensive game in college.

Secondly, how do you know he has a high ceiling? Yes he has improved since his first season, but that doesn't change the fact he is easily fooled in play action and other fake situations. That doesnt change the fact he saw the same plays against teams multiple times and his poor footwork and tendency to take extra initial steps took him out of position. The guy is fast. The guy is a workout warrior but he has so many flaws to his game. He is Bruce Campbell all over again.

28 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

This is such a random attack of a prospect lol. PR just sittin there all day in his BDL chair then comes online and is like imma just chit on Devin White real quick. 

Don't you guys realize I read the mock drafts and critique certain selections projected to me? It isnt some conspiracy.

2 minutes ago, PR said:

He played LB in high school as well.. so this is over 3 years at the position. He focused on his defensive game in college.

Secondly, how do you know he has a high ceiling? Yes he has improved since his first season, but that doesn't change the fact he is easily fooled in play action and other fake situations. That doesnt change the fact he saw the same plays against teams multiple times and his poor footwork and tendency to take extra initial steps took him out of position. The guy is fast. The guy is a workout warrior but he has so many flaws to his game. He is Bruce Campbell all over again.

You don’t know who’s coaching these kids and their specific assignments, you’ve never interviewed him for an assessment of football IQ, so there’s a lot more we don’t know about these kids then we do. We do know he’s a workout warrior with sideline to sideline speed and his skill set makes him a sub package elite prospect. If he’s got a respectable coach most of his supposed flaws should be masked. 

6 minutes ago, PR said:

He is Bruce Campbell all over again

Who?

If you mean Bruce Carter, he came into UNC as a LB (which White didn't despite your claim he was a RB) and he was outproduced by White every step of the way.

Edited by Jlash

3 minutes ago, PR said:

Don't you guys realize I read the mock drafts and critique certain selections projected to me? It isnt some conspiracy.

Thats it, everyone. Back off.

giphy.gif

Edited by Jlash

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Who?

If you mean Bruce Carter, he came into UNC as a LB (which White didn't despite your claim he was a RB) and he was outproduced by White every step of the way.

No. Bruce Campbell, the concensus first round cant miss OG that workout warrior nature projected him up to Oakland at pick 6... guy fell all the way to the 4th round

1 minute ago, PR said:

No. Bruce Campbell, the concensus first round cant miss OG that workout warrior nature projected him up to Oakland at pick 6... guy fell all the way to the 4th round

Oh, that's even worse than the Bruce Carter comp. Thanks.

• Like 1

Just now, PR said:

Just keep hyping. Just keep hyping. Weezy you want him right?

Bruce Campbell was a guy who never showed up in college and killed the combine. That's not Devin White. White showed up in college and then backed it up with killing the combine. 

• Like 1