BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 Redskin- Montez Sweat

1 Brown- Greedy Williams

1 Titan- AJ Brown

1 Giant- Dexter Lawrence

2 Texans- Tytus Howard and Kahale Warring

1 Bear- David Montgomery (love this one)

1 Patriot- Damien Harris

1 49er- Jalen Hurd (love this one also)

Mack Wilson, Hakeem Butler and Amani Hooker left.

7 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Man lukic just dumping Barr.

Yep lol.

I was considering using my 3D on him. He's certainly a very good player but not a fit for what I'm going to be doing on defense, and even then I question his value in the BDL format given we collectively value coverage skills the most in our LBs and that is the weakest facet of his game. Throw in the fact Josh Allen figures to be at worst a better version of him, and he just became surplus to requirements. 

You absolutely described the exact reason I traded for him. He is a good pass rusher which is exactly why he will start for me at linebacker. I already have two inside linebackers that are very good in coverage and a very good secondary. Anthony Barr it's absolutely right in to what I want to do on defense and I got him really cheap All Things Considered

Edited by wwhickok

28 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Yep lol.

I was considering using my 3D on him. He's certainly a very good player but not a fit for what I'm going to be doing on defense, and even then I question his value in the BDL format given we collectively value coverage skills the most in our LBs and that is the weakest facet of his game. Throw in the fact Josh Allen figures to be at worst a better version of him, and he just became surplus to requirements. 

Man if he would've stuck to his decision to go to NY and be a 3-4 OLB his stock would've gone through the roof.

18 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Man if he would've stuck to his decision to go to NY and be a 3-4 OLB his stock would've gone through the roof.

Greg Williams runs a 4-3 tho.  Don't listen to the hub bub.  I'd be shocked if they played 3-4 this season 

• Like 1

Thought I was better at evaluating DB’s...

CGJ and Love still not picked.

Layne went much later at 83 instead of 47

But Bunting with the jump from BDL 75 to 39.

I still have a lot of non drafted guys (took a lot of risks on my own evaluations) but that can happen with 15 picks. 

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

You absolutely described the exact reason I traded for him. He is a good pass rusher which is exactly why he will start for me at linebacker. I already have two inside linebackers that are very good in coverage and a very good secondary. Anthony barf it's absolutely right in to what I want to do on defense and I got him really cheap All Things Considered

That will be his new nickname when I play you. Anthony barf 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Jlash said:

So Polite is gonna play 4-3 DE?

Imagine so.  Greg kinda fell in love with like the 2-4 big nickel last year withextra safety and Garrett out wide. Whether that was his preference or the best way to use what the browns had is up for debate 

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Thought I was better at evaluating DB’s...

CGJ and Love still not picked.

Layne went much later at 83 instead of 47

But Bunting with the jump from BDL 75 to 39.

I still have a lot of non drafted guys (took a lot of risks on my own evaluations) but that can happen with 15 picks. 

To me, the entire slide of DBs was shocking.

• Like 1

I had predicted 45.5 as the first non drafted player being taken and was close with 43.

Only 13 guys taken on Day 1-2 that weren't drafted in the BDL. PFA is going to be mostly 4th-5th rounders this year I think. Less value than in previous years.

On 4/19/2019 at 10:53 PM, SirA1 said:

I can predict with certainty that my guys will land on the following teams.

Texans - 2 - Lonnie Johnson Jr, CB

Bengals - 2 - O so far thank god.

Patriots - 1 0 so far.

Jaguars - 1

Rams - 1

Lions -1

Ravens - 1

1 Cardinal - Zach Allen DE

1 Saint - Eric McCoy C 

1 Colt - Ben Banogu Edge

1 Dolphin - Michael Deiter C/G

1 Titan - Nate Davis G

1 Jet - Chuma Egoda T

So far I think 3 guys have a chance to start on the OL so that's a plus.

I knew Isaiah Johnson was going to be a 2-3 year project so hopefully he goes in the 4th.