BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I dont disagree. Im just saying that ppl seem to be complaining for the sake of complaining, we could always give them their way by making change for the sake of making change.

That unnecessary banter is only fun in theory. The current system isn’t perfect and that is fine bc it works.

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

That unnecessary banter is only fun in theory. The current system isn’t perfect and that is fine bc it works.

I was being sarcastic. I made, what i believe, are necessary suggestions last night. However, i am not in favor of change for the sake of change. 

I have 0 doubt that the 3 up increase will fail to pass in the owners meeting

11 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Let me ask this how exactly are teams that has been prejudged to be bad teams supposed to get better

1. Show up every week. I'd say each GM averages 1-2 missed or effortless gameplans each year which are more or less an automatic loss regardless of talent. If you show up each week, you'll pick up 1-2 free wins and give away 0. A 1-2 win difference is the difference between an elite QB and a good one and can be had for free.

2. Actually write a custom gameplan each week. It sounds obvious, but a lot of GMs go into auto-pilot mode mid-season and end up copy/pasting large sections of their plans from week to week. Of course you'll sometimes be running the same concepts week in and week out, but you can at least make it obvious that you looked at your opponent's roster and thought about how to attack them. Some people will literally have things like "OKC has a bad O-line" the week they are playing Louisiana. Don't make these mistakes and you'll pick up another win or two.

3. Stay healthy. Major injuries are the first factors considered in "fair" (both GMs submit legit plans) matchups.

4. Trade in season. Prices are the highest right now when everyone believes their third round pick is going to be a superstar and start for whatever team he's on right away. Rome rose two seasons ago after trading for Brees mid-season. I rose last year after trading for Melvin Gordon and Rodney Hudson.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

Reducing the 3Up amount was just self-serving by the owners.

common man 3 ups in general are self serving. Making the PFA a snake style is self serving. Extensions are self serving. Every time someone comes up with a new rule or an amendment it's self serving.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MD4L said:

So much for being a joke.

I pm'd him to tell him he was otc. That pm has been read. So, yeah.... I hope people seriously consider the idea of time slots. Should they be necessary? No. But its clear that they are. 

The fact people seriously stoop to this level to try to prove a point, honestly it makes me question my desire to be a part of things.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

@BringinDaPain are you really gonna be that guy? What is it you guys think youre proving? Can we just get PFA done with already. Its been multiple days since youve been on the clock, youve had more than sufficient time to think about your pick. 

I don't think he's logged on in a couple days man, I don't think he's purposely stalling anything.

edit: Missed your previous post about him reading your message.

Edited by Jlash