BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I mean I didn't pay attention to the draft and I've been on the road so I was only mildly prepared. I searched for the guys I wanted and they were taken. I figured skipping me was the best option until I got home and could research 

You're good, you weren't ready and said you were good to be skipped. Nothing wrong with that.

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

"Hey next guy up, you can go. Everyone skip me I'll pick when I'm ready"

Next guy "Nah I'll just hold this up even longer than it's been comedically drawn out. I got you."

I am drunk, on a surftrip and have no access to my board right now. Tomorrow is the best I can do.

i would have left a BB 5 days ago had I knew this would have lasted this long

10 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Tomorrow is the best I can do.

*Sees Whicker's solution for not being prepared*

*Sees Ted's reason for stalling this thing even further than it's been*

*Gets confused*

It is what it is at this point. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

The reason there weren't time slots has already been stated. Less finger pointing and more reading comprehension is a good thing.

Why’d you edit this? Said something rude and changed your mind?

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Why’d you edit this? Said something rude and changed your mind?

Wasn't so much rude, just not necessary. But my point still stands we discussed why time slots weren't set forth so no reason for the "what did you guys expect?" stuff. You know?

edit: And you can see my edits, correct? 

Edited by Jlash

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 2:29 PM, wwhickok said:

For example and I think this is the perfect example I have seen numerous people say that my team is going to be drafting top 5 next year and that has been in reference to the fact that I traded by first-round pick away. We haven't even hit free agency yet and people throughout the week have already determined that I'm going to lose a record number of games.

I hate to say it but....welcome to being the new guy.

I got similar reviews with my first season with Compton who formerly had the #1 pick/came in dead last. In my defense I think my draft was more well received but I went about everything in a very similar way (selling off contracts, trading up for guys I liked) and it paid off. Go look at the responses I got for trading up for Harold Landry last year...they look VERY similar to the criticisms you got for Bush. In complete transparency I think the team I acquired was a little more talented than the one you acquired but I think you're putting your stamp on the team, if your player acquisitions and draft picks pan out there really isn't much people can say.

Man you guys need to get a hobby. I just read 6 pages of you guys complaining how long someone is taking with a PFA pick.

News flash: Ain't crap going on in the BDL in May, who cares how long a person takes**

**Yes, we know people could be jerks and wait til FA started, BCB made us well aware of that fact. I'm 99.9% sure we'll get a vote passed to add time limits next year. Until then why ya bitchin?

• Like 1