BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 minute ago, DingoLadd said:

Out of curiosity how did we ever decide whose on the trade council/contract committee? I assume it was just whoever was the longest tenured/who was available. 

Pretty much.

• Like 1

Just now, DingoLadd said:

Out of curiosity how did we ever decide whose on the trade council/contract committee? I assume it was just whoever was the longest tenured/who was available. 

I've been on it basically since I joined BDL in 2011.  

If one of y'all wants to take my spot on both committees, I will be more than willing to pay the torch along.  

• Like 1

Or even better, Counselor and Dingo can each replace me on one of them.  

I am not kidding.  I have been on them for a long time and would happily step back in this regard and let one of you be on contract and one of you be on trade.  Y'all have both been around long enough to know how things work.  

Edited by Ragnarok

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Or even better, Counselor and Dingo can each replace me on one of them.  

I am not kidding.  I have been on them for a long time and would happily step back in this regard and let one of you be on contract and one of you be on trade.  Y'all have both been around long enough to know how things work.  

I’d do trade committee 

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

I’d do trade committee 

Then you can take over for me after I decide on Nelson.  

And by the way, it's against the super secret bylaws to be on a committee and threaten to quit or actually quit.  So now you can never leave.

@DingoLadd are you okay going on contract?

Just now, Counselor said:

Actually I don’t know. I’m impatient enough to get my own deals approved. And now that takes one person who is very active away who could approve them...

Too late.  Now you're on a committee.  We just have to figure out which one each of you are on.  

Hahaha...hah...haha...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  I'm freeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

• Like 2

I'm happy to join the trade committee.

I also think its a fine deal. Nelson as a rookie is already arguably the best player in his position in the league. 

It's a little steep yes but Orlando is in win now mode, has cleared cap (the picks combined are more than what Nelson is on) and end of the day, has traded 4 unknowns for 1 certainty. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Then you can take over for me after I decide on Nelson.  

And by the way, it's against the super secret bylaws to be on a committee and threaten to quit or actually quit.  So now you can never leave.

@DingoLadd are you okay going on contract?

Sure I'd be fine with either or.