BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Guys I would rather have than CJ: Wagner, Luke, Lavonte, Jack, Jones, Jaylon. I won't put LVE and Leonard in that list until they confirm their rookie year.

After that there is a group with Schobert, McKinney, Avery, Martinez, Hicks and Davis in the following tier and I will take Mosley over any of these guys. 

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

The guy with 4 second team all pro nomination or the guy with the highest PFF grade? Mmm

I'm sure Zach Brown, who was signed like a month after FA started, should also be considered a better LB? 

You’re the one who overpaid for him I wouldn’t expect you to agree

2 hours ago, TedLavie said:

After Dingo traded your 3rd round pick for him last year it's the least you could do haha 

Pretty much I would have signed him as an RSA but I mistakenly overlooked him and didn't realize he was one because he would have gotten a second-round tender from me. This is a guy who will be my backup free safety but is a real-life starting free safety.

50 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Maaaan counselor going for it.

I won't argue. NFL teams, specialized press and general fans seem to agree that Mosley is a really good player. If Counselor knows better, what can I do? 

• Like 2

Hawaii’s cap space: 

$12,918

22 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Hawaii bids

LB Demario Davis 3 years 12,000 (4,000/year)

$8,918

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

S Anthony Harris 5 Years 22,000 (4,400/yr)

$4,518

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

Hawaii offers

KJ Wright 4 Years $20,000 ($5000 per)

The KJ Wright offer is ineligible. You are actively over the cap.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I won't argue. NFL teams, specialized press and general fans seem to agree that Mosley is a really good player. If Counselor knows better, what can I do? 

That's how I feel about people I bid on. I try to do enough homework that I'm never uncomfortable with a bid. 

37 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Mosley is a really good player. Here's the issue his best years were in his first two years. I don't care what the stats say that is the reality. This is why I say this if you watch him play Given that he's had injuries and whatnot he's not, let me put it this way, he is showing signs of age despite being reasonably young still. He's still an above-average player but I would not be going at him personally as hard as counselor is

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jlash said:

That's how I feel about people I bid on. I try to do enough homework that I'm never uncomfortable with a bid. 

It's kind of like you said Ted and what jlash is saying here. Tyson alualu is a good example I probably could have gotten him in the shark tank for way less than I paid but to me 1500 isn't a lot and he is a reliable backup player that has the ability to start he is absolutely necessary and that role is exactly what I signed him for