BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

6 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

You 100% can't unless he signs a new contract Irl 

As far as I can tell there's nothing that says that in the rules. It simply says a BDL UFA can "be signed at 75% of the value of their IRL contract." It also says that if a player is 3 Upped for only one year that if they sign a new NFL contract during the term of the contract, it can be updated to reflect their new salary. So I 3 Up him for the 1 year he's got left and then when he almost certainly gets a new deal IRL, I'll update it.

26 minutes ago, rackcs said:

As far as I can tell there's nothing that says that in the rules. It simply says a BDL UFA can "be signed at 75% of the value of their IRL contract." It also says that if a player is 3 Upped for only one year that if they sign a new NFL contract during the term of the contract, it can be updated to reflect their new salary. So I 3 Up him for the 1 year he's got left and then when he almost certainly gets a new deal IRL, I'll update it.

But he isn’t a BDL UFA. He is a BDL RFA at that point.

Players with 3 years of league experience with expiring contracts become restricted free agents:

Players who would otherwise be RFA during the offseason cannot be 3 upped for a single year.

11 minutes ago, Counselor said:

But he isn’t a BDL UFA. He is a BDL RFA at that point 

So then even if he gets a new deal I wouldn't be able to sign him since he'd be an RFA and not an UFA? That's kinda bull****.

Edited by rackcs

See my plan here is simple. Rent out my upcoming RFA in a lost season and whatever capital I get over the 1st that I’ll have to give back up to get them with the massive contracts I offer them is basically the interest paid on the player rental. 

This is a joke.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Hahaha I bet.  Any of them actually know how to write?

Honestly, they're not bad, all things considered. They struggle following directions. Some just don't care. It is what it is.

6 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

You ever go out to lunch with them?

I plead the fifth.

41 minutes ago, rackcs said:

So then even if he gets a new deal I wouldn't be able to sign him since he'd be an RFA and not an UFA? That's kinda bull****.

BDL contracts have always been a clustertruck. Unless y'all plan on revamping how you do contracts, it is what it is.

7 hours ago, rackcs said:

You can't three up a rookie deal.  It's ludicrous and I've tried to change it multiple times in owners meetings.  Your only hope is if the niners sign him to an extension before deadline(which is possible)  then you can three up based on that contract. 

That's kind of boguswhen it comes to Kittle or players of the same caliber.

Especially when you consider that he is the best TE in the league and all it would take to get him back for Anchorage is one of 4 1sts when everyone damn well knows he is worth more than a single first. So basically you're saying Lancaster has no choice but to 'give him away'.

It ISNT in the rules that a RFA cannot be a 3 up. If it is against the rules perhaps that needs to be specifically added. But if that's gonna be the case with guys clearly worth more than a 1st, there should be another tag option.

Just using Anchorage as an example.

Edited by wwhickok

26 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

That's kind of boguswhen it comes to Kittle or players of the same caliber.

Especially when you consider that he is the best TE in the league and all it would take to get him back for Anchorage is one of 4 1sts when everyone damn well knows he is worth more than a single first. So basically you're saying Lancaster has no choice but to 'give him away'.

It ISNT in the rules that a RFA cannot be a 3 up. If it is against the rules perhaps that needs to be specifically added. But if that's gonna be the case with guys clearly worth more than a 1st, there should be another tag option.

Just using Anchorage as an example.

It's in the rules you can't three up a rookie contract. Regardless rack can match any offer made or take the draft pick 

• Like 1