New Coach Mock

Dubz41

Something to consider...I see our coach hiring as being similar to Nagy in Chicago last year.  

They brought in two new WR's and a tight end to help with his scheme.  With their first 5 picks...defense....offense, offense, defense, defense.

It'll be interesting to watch....certainly something to be said about a new offensive minded head coach wanting skill players to match his system. 

I could see this mock working out as things stand right now. I'm not buying into the Packers investing in a ton of offensive guys when our only glaring need at the skill positions is at TE and it's been beyond frustrating to see how that position has been handled the past 8 years. 

We don't lose because of a sputtering offense, we lose because we can't stop the run most of the time, we've had issues getting to the QB, and now we have next-to-nothing at the Safety position. Those things will need to be addressed ASAP. I think this mock addresses those needs pretty well and adds another weapon at RB that will be an incredible steal if he were to fell to that slot.

On 1/10/2019 at 12:07 PM, Joe said:

I could see this mock working out as things stand right now. I'm not buying into the Packers investing in a ton of offensive guys when our only glaring need at the skill positions is at TE and it's been beyond frustrating to see how that position has been handled the past 8 years. 

We don't lose because of a sputtering offense, we lose because we can't stop the run most of the time, we've had issues getting to the QB, and now we have next-to-nothing at the Safety position. Those things will need to be addressed ASAP. I think this mock addresses those needs pretty well and adds another weapon at RB that will be an incredible steal if he were to fell to that slot.

If we don't retain Cobb, we'll have one of the NFL's least talented WR cores if he's not replaced with a Free Agent or a high end rookie.  

The offense was certainly a HUGE reason we didn't make the playoffs.  We had 10 halves of football this year where the unit scored 7 or fewer points.  That's almost 1/3 of the season where our offense was as bad as any in the NFL.

2 hours ago, gizmo2012 said:

Not crazy about this mock and free agency. You leave WR's in a weak state and TE's in a weak state. Barr would be nice but it is unlikely and I don't know enough about Tre Boston. Need better choice at RT and offensive weapons IMO. 

We have 4 rookie WR’s on the roster and Kumerow. 3 of which shows promise. We don’t need a WR unless it’s a slot guy and to me, that’s not a huge need. 

Archived