Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

50 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Take your time.. Re troll that scrub and if you do pick make it after the SB. My body is ready for the LOLs.

Yeah but I've got years of experience waiting for my time to draft so 

32 minutes ago, Glen said:

Also I appreciate the work. But I'd like to see the last two years & just where juju stands. I'd say less than thomas but likely not by much.

(Also I know 3 years signifies the way they'll be graded out)

Just the last two seasons

wFbyri6.png

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

So, for the last time for awhile, I'm going with 19.3 yards as the ***official*** value of a passing touchdown.

You can have the offense that puts up 600 yards and 2 touchdowns. I'll take the one with 300 yards and 6 touchdowns.

Based on your maths, your offense out produced mine. But who do you think will win more often?

#MathThat

7 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

You can have the offense that puts up 600 yards and 2 touchdowns. I'll take the one with 300 yards and 6 touchdowns.

Based on your maths, your offense out produced mine. But who do you think will win more often?

#MathThat

Psst - that's the value for a passing TD. Any offense that's throwing for 600 yards a game and only getting 2 passing TDs is going to be getting far more rushing TDs poached than the offense that's 300 passing yards and 6 TDs, given you've apparently decided they turn the ball over the same as well. 

ANY and ANY/A (for QBs) is widely gaining traction among all people in the know as the current definitive stat on passing game efficiency. Argue with your keyboard.

I just think it's impossible to attribute a touchdown to yards gained. If so the game would be played out where every 100 yards gained you're given a point.

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Psst - that's the value for a passing TD. Any offense that's throwing for 600 yards a game and only getting 2 passing TDs is going to be getting far more rushing TDs poached than the offense that's 300 passing yards and 6 TDs, given you've apparently decided they turn the ball over the same as well. 

ANY and ANY/A (for QBs) is widely gaining traction among all people in the know as the current definitive stat on passing game efficiency. Argue with your keyboard.

Those are hypothetical rb tds though. Not clear cut earned tds. Haven't read the article. Will do during my lunch. 

I just dont believe the formula is correct/they're giving too much value to hypothetical points rather than actual points.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Psst - that's the value for a passing TD. Any offense that's throwing for 600 yards a game and only getting 2 passing TDs is going to be getting far more rushing TDs than the offense that's 300 passing yards and 6 TDs. 

I didn't say throw for 600/2. I said the offense puts up 600 and 2. And again, you are assuming you are able to punch it in rushing the ball.

A team that puts up 600 yards and 2 touchdowns means they are sustaining long drives, but not getting into the endzone, having to settle for field goal attempts.

300 yard difference, a drive from 20 to 20 is 60 yards. That's 5 more field goal attempts, since you aren't scoring touchdowns.

Congrats, 5 field goals (we'll even say you make all of them) is 15 points. 4 more touchdowns is 24 points guaranteed.

Last I checked, 24>15

#Math'd

1 minute ago, Glen said:

I just think it's impossible to attribute a touchdown to yards gained. If so the game would be played out where every 100 yards gained you're given a point.

Literally every passing metric ever gives a valuation of TDs relative to yards. 

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

I didn't say throw for 600/2. I said the offense puts up 600 and 2.

So, for the last time for awhile, I'm going with 19.3 yards as the ***official*** value of a

passing touchdown.

You're failing at basic reading comprehension at this point.

Archived