Around The League V.2

Totty

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Wow!! about the Gronk trade.

In other news Indy’s got Malik Hooker, FS ex-OSU #15 overall pick in ‘15 (actually slide a bit too), on the trade block.

hes got insane range... like elite top 3-5 in league. But has been banged up last few years. Still only 24... has this year and then 5th year option available (would have to pick it up soon).... only a cap of 2.2M if we trade for.  The 5th year option for a Safety drafted at 11-32 was 6.466M so I’d guess that he stays under $7M, if we pick it up.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HookMa00.htm

https://sisdatahub.com/players/5020

what do You guys think of trading for Hooker?  Maybe include him in a swap of 19 for 34+44 deal.... they add Hooker we add 91?  What would he cost straight up?

If price was really cheap, sure.  But with Randall signing, I don't see it. 

And the injury thing is a big deal. The team cannot examine him right now.  It's waaay easy for us to say, "but if h's healthy!"

Teams are more like, "why isn't this guy ever healthy?"  And your starting FS is a crappy guy to always be injured, when the Chiefs are in your division.

on another note, I just saw who`s gonna be on the cover of madden this year.lol  hope the money is worth it, he runs waaay more than mahomes. my suggestion? get more insurance! lmao! its gotta be a lot of money but for 20 yrs running , very few have evaded the curse. mahomes was lucky. but still got dinged twice. could've been much worse. I will say lamar could use the money , his contract is doodly...but....to be continued.

49 minutes ago, massraider said:

If price was really cheap, sure.  But with Randall signing, I don't see it. 

And the injury thing is a big deal. The team cannot examine him right now.  It's waaay easy for us to say, "but if h's healthy!"

Teams are more like, "why isn't this guy ever healthy?"  And your starting FS is a crappy guy to always be injured, when the Chiefs are in your division.

Yeah, the injury is scary but If the price is 91/121 I’d pull the trigger.  If you remove the player you’ve already convinced yourself you want there and look at it like we’re going to trade back from 19 and have plenty of picks to fill our other needs.... it’s an enticing idea.

He’s not THAT Injury prone... he’s played and started 14 and 13 games last 2 years. He did miss 9 games his rookie year tho, but 3 years ago.  Last year he missed 3 games with  torn meniscus.  In ‘18 he missed 2 consecutive games with a hip injury.  The main injury was a torn acl + MCL in Oct of ‘17:  but he’s shown he’s back to full strength from it, 2.5+ years later. 

“According to Pro Football Focus...Hooker's PFF overall rating of 79.7....His percentage of targets caught (44.4 percent) ranked second among all safeties in the NFL, and he surrendered only one touchdown.”

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2837943-report-colts-malik-hooker-has-torn-meniscus-will-miss-4-6-weeks-with-injury

Im not usually interested in trading draft picks for other teams draft picks that didn’t work out (like Zay Jones) but if the cost is right ... say 121... I’d jump on it.  Let’s be real about what Randall is.  He’s a “placeholder” starter on a 1yr deal that has a 2.1M cap hit.  I hear a lot of people saying we’d be lucky if Ashtyn Davis falls to 80.  Well, Hooker’s range is significantly better.  Davis has very nice range but Hooker is elite in that department.  And I don’t feel that’s even a slight hyperbole.  It’s also not likely Davis is there at 80, prolly a 20-33% chance if I had to guess.  Sure It would be nice to have Davis for the 4y, 4.7M contract that pick is slotted for but Hooker for 2.2M with the option for the second year at $7M’ish is a deal too.  Plus the 5th year option is only guaranteed for injury.  Sometimes you have to take chances and if we’re going to start Mullen (already good and likely to get better but still very young and likely to have growing pains in some instances plus a rookie) then upgrading FS over Randall isn’t a bad idea.

if ... always a big IF, Hooker stays generally healthy he could be the perfect safety to pair with Abrams.  We could even use Abrams as a S/LB and play Randall and Hooker against teams like KC that have deep threats.  If you can make It very very difficult for Tyreke Hill to get deep it’s worth a mid round pick and a small cap hit.  Randall’s a nice late FA addition but he’s not holding us back from upgrading the position.  He’s the lowest paid S on the team, even Abrams makes more, so if he didn’t start then it’s not a waste of cap space.

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah. When has a recent player went after team executives on social media and then been traded and gotten a big extension?

Well it got AB out of Oakland and to the team he always wanted to go.  And he got 1yr, 15M which was near the top of APY for WRs.  Fortunately for everyone (except NE) he messed it up! 

Yannik knows the team he’s traded for will pays him going rate for his services on a long term deal.  Right now he’s “trapped” on a 1yr franchise tag with no guaranteed, long term money.  Even before he’s traded he’s gonna have a new 3-5y (he’s so young maybe it’s 5yrs) at 19-21M APY and 40-50M guaranteed at signing. 

the leagues GMs know what a mess Jax is and won’t hold it to him too hard as long as he doesn’t cross any AB likes... like Calling Kahn a “sand beep” like AB called “Mayock a cracker”.

Btw, big ups to Mayock for standing his ground literally and not backing down to ABs menacing attempts to physically intimidate.  I wish that little punk put his hands on Mayock and got a beatdown (Marks got great attorneys anyways).

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yannik knows the team he’s traded for will pays him going rate for his services on a long term deal.  Right now he’s “trapped” on a 1yr franchise tag with no guaranteed, long term money.  Even before he’s traded he’s gonna have a new 3-5y (he’s so young maybe it’s 5yrs) at 19-21M APY and 40-50M guaranteed at signing.

The two most high profile players that have forced their way out recently, AB and Clowney, are both currently unemployed despite being two of the best players in the league. And we just saw Clowney and Ramsey get traded without an extension in place from their new teams. 

15 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah, the injury is scary but If the price is 91/121 I’d pull the trigger.  If you remove the player you’ve already convinced yourself you want there and look at it like we’re going to trade back from 19 and have plenty of picks to fill our other needs.... it’s an enticing idea.

He’s not THAT Injury prone... he’s played and started 14 and 13 games last 2 years. He did miss 9 games his rookie year tho, but 3 years ago.  Last year he missed 3 games with  torn meniscus.  In ‘18 he missed 2 consecutive games with a hip injury.  The main injury was a torn acl + MCL in Oct of ‘17:  but he’s shown he’s back to full strength from it, 2.5+ years later. 

That's a ton of injuries.

Just now, massraider said:

I'm not having this conversation. 

Consider yourself the winner. 

Antonio Brown forced his way out? Currently unemployed.

Jadeveon Clowney forced his way out? Didn't get a long term extension, currently unemployed.

Jalen Ramsey forced his way out? Didn't get a long term extension. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Antonio Brown forced his way out? Currently unemployed.

Jadeveon Clowney forced his way out? Didn't get a long term extension, currently unemployed.

Jalen Ramsey forced his way out? Didn't get a long term extension. 

I'm not having this conversation.

Consider yourself the winner.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

if ... always a big IF, Hooker stays generally healthy he could be the perfect safety to pair with Abrams.  We could even use Abrams as a S/LB and play Randall and Hooker against teams like KC that have deep threats.  If you can make It very very difficult for Tyreke Hill to get deep it’s worth a mid round pick and a small cap hit.  Randall’s a nice late FA addition but he’s not holding us back from upgrading the position.  He’s the lowest paid S on the team, even Abrams makes more, so if he didn’t start then it’s not a waste of cap space.

Hooker has missed 12 games in 3 seasons and he's due for a big extension after this year. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Hooker has missed 12 games in 3 seasons and he's due for a big extension after this year. 

He’s missed 2 and 3 the last 2 years.... and has a 5th year option at under $7M.  
I get your point and all but the guy has soooo much skill and talent..... I’d absolutely give up 121 for him.  I’d front hard and try for 159 but deep down I’d pony up 121.  

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The two most high profile players that have forced their way out recently, AB and Clowney, are both currently unemployed despite being two of the best players in the league. And we just saw Clowney and Ramsey get traded without an extension in place from their new teams. 

AB doesn’t count towards your argument.  He got a nice new deal.  It was only 1yr, but he knew he’d have a great year and win so he happily took the same money he’d have gotten from us in ‘19 and knew bet he’d get the same deal or better we gave him in FA.  Then it came out he raped his trainer.... he’s throwing gummy bear penis’s at his wife in front of cops, etc.

ABs first plan worked.

Clowney didn’t have massive characters issues im aware of.  He had a past of bad injuries (but recently good... but teams are scared to commit long term/up front cuz of past injuries ..... and he doesn’t get sacks..... the massive pass rusher potential isn’t there anymore... the league knows he’s not finally going to become a 10 sack a year guy..... he had what like 3?  He’s a 5-7 sack guy the rest of his “prime” and a great run stuffer.  

YanniK is a 25yo speedy pash rusher who will likely be in the double digit sacks for the entire life of his contract.  He’s about to be hitting the ultimate prime for pass rushers.... 25-29.  He didn’t do anything crazy.... he acted mad and immature of Twitter trying to force his trade to get out of a ****ehole organization that everyone knows is a dump and get guaranteed, long term money?

also, maybe I’m misreading ur messes he’s but you seem awful “chippy” the last 2 days? I don’t say that as a ****e talking move.... just mean “everything good brother?”