Alliance of American Football

BobbyPhil1781

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

So how do I pick a team in this league? 

Until we decide which players we like, Deadpulse and I are just supporting the team with our favorite uniforms. In my case, the Salt Lake Stallions. :)

The Commanders uniforms are cool too though, and I love the hustle they're showing tonight.

1 minute ago, y*so*blu said:

Until we decide which players we like, Deadpulse and I are just supporting the team with our favorite uniforms. In my case, the Salt Lake Stallions. :)

The Commanders uniforms are cool too though, and I love the hustle they're showing tonight.

Memphis would have the best if the E was Train shaped. I dont get the name "Express" and using a Plane on the logo. When the fanbase was already hyped for "Choo Choo" chants.

Pretty damn impressive production value for the AAF on CBS I would say.  The announcers are professional and the coaches staffs alone, having experienced NFL guys has head coaches is great and brings a real legit atmosphere to the league.  The play looks solid as well, gives a second chance to many guys who thought their career was over.  

Is WAY better than the XFL every was or even NFL Europe for that matter.  All that is missing is NFL practice squad guys or roster guys and that will come in time I assume by next year hopefully.  Heck I would not mind if Treadwell from the Vikings could go down there and gain some skills and reps.  And that could be said for tons of NFL players who are struggling, are about to be out of the league or just are young and need more reps.  NFL needs a minor league and this totally could be it.  Great job by Bill Polian, should be fun to follow.

The timing does seem odd though for the season, I think it would be better if this was closer to the Spring season instead of right after the Super Bowl, people do need a little break I feel.  Also would help if it was after the draft.  But I guess they do not want to mess up anything with the draft and spring practice so I guess that might be why they do it now.  

Every year the list of UDFA players after the draft is crazy long.  Nice to have a place for those guys to potentially earn another roster spot.  Sure some get on practice squads or are invited to a camp but does not always work out.  

Still how in the hell Johnny Manziel is not in this league I have no idea, he would give some real star power to it and eye balls.  Heck ESPN talked about Johnny Football when he played in freaking Canada and in the summer that was like a big deal.  Might still be under contract with the Canada league though I guess.

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Still how in the hell Johnny Manziel is not in this league I have no idea, he would give some real star power to it and eye balls.  Heck ESPN talked about Johnny Football when he played in freaking Canada and in the summer that was like a big deal.  Might still be under contract with the Canada league though I guess.

He seems more fit for XFL.

Next XFL should be all overtop what the original was. Theyre using 10x the money on start up. But am enjoying the production of this outdoor nightgame in the rain in Orlando. Has that CBS college game feel to it.

Archived