Alliance of American Football

BobbyPhil1781

4 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

ugh

it's hard being a Fleet fan

A lot of our fans want to bench Bercovici after one game. It's ridiculous. Is he Josh Johnson? No, but who is? Once Bishop Sankey is healthy, our offense should look a lot better. IMO.

Unfortunately for Bercovici, your fans aren't the only ones: Mike Martz has announced Nelson will be the starter in next week's home game against Atlanta.

https://aaf.com/martz-makes-change-at-quarterback-following-fleet-loss

He sure didn't waste any time. Berc's completion percentage wasn't terrible (15 of 25) and I don't blame the six sacks entirely on him because his line didn't protect him well at all, but the lack of pocket awareness he showed was downright scary. On the biggest one Shaan Washington was coming at him from the right in what should have been his peripheral vision, but Berc didn't appear to notice him at all. If you don't see something like that, you probably can't focus on enough things at a time to be a starting QB beyond college level.

Great start; hopefully it will convince CBS to air more of the games on their actual network instead of CBS Sports. Glad I'm not depending on their stream, because the site won't even load right now.

Memphis and Birmingham, huh? Not sure who to root for. Christian Hackenburg was kind of a punchline on this site as I recall, one of those guys people said should not have been drafted. Maybe he can build a career for himself in another league.

Hey, Nick Novak is back and playing for the Iron. And he nails his first field goal for them too.

A few series later, another long drive for Birmingham ... but it wouldn't be an AAF game without at least one monster hit on a quarterback, and Perez just took his. Nice job by Memphis to limit them to a second field goal. 

Archived