Sign in to follow this  
swede700

2019 Sign, Draft or Promote: Starting RG

How should the Vikings handle the starting RG position?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How should the Vikings handle the starting RG position?

• Retain Mike Remmers
    • Sign an external free agent (state preference in thread)
    • Draft a replacement (state preference in thread)
    • Promote Danny Isidora
    • Other (state preference in thread)

5 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Rhodes, but I'd do either. It would hurt the defense some, but let's see if Zimmer can coach a DB that isn't a first round pick.....

Mackensie and Holton Hill don't count?

22 hours ago, swede700 said:

Mackensie and Holton Hill don't count?

both had much better talents than where they were selected, they both fell due to character/drug concerns.

2 minutes ago, whitehops said:

both had much better talents than where they were selected, they both fell due to character/drug concerns.

That doesn't matter, because that wasn't the question.  Plus, even without the concerns, I'm not sure either one was ever considered a 1st-round talent, even though Alexander might have been by some experts.  And Alexander didn't drop because of character concerns, it was his size.  There were no character concerns with Mackensie.   

So much for Glowinski. Colts signed him to a 3 year extension per Adam Shefter

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Smart move on their part, they have way to much $$$ to let him walk IMO.

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

That's unfortunate, but I didn't really expect the Vikings to be in play for him regardless.  I think it's far more likely that they'll be in play for a guy like Billy Turner, Quinton Spain or AJ Cann.  

47 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I think it's far more likely that they'll be in play for a guy like Billy Turner, Quinton Spain or AJ Cann.  

Three uninspiring choices.  I guess they might be a little better than Remmers.

5 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Three uninspiring choices.  I guess they might be a little better than Remmers.

They aren't the most inspiring, but at least they are experienced and still young enough to have some room to grow.

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

That's unfortunate, but I didn't really expect the Vikings to be in play for him regardless.  I think it's far more likely that they'll be in play for a guy like Billy Turner, Quinton Spain or AJ Cann.  

Do Cann and Spain even fit a ZBS. Wasn't Spain benched at one point. I guess I don't understand the appeal in signing average talent for $10 million. I'd rather start Tom Compton for $1m.

5 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Do Cann and Spain even fit a ZBS. Wasn't Spain benched at one point. I guess I don't understand the appeal in signing average talent for $10 million. I'd rather start Tom Compton for $1m.

I never stated and never would pay any of those guys $10M.  Plus, I don't think they'll get anywhere near $10M.  There won't be many, if any even, free agent OGs that will get $10M.  I'm only talking about spending $2M-$3M on them.  In fact, the most expensive OG that is a free agent this year, Mike Iupati, only made $8M last year.

Edited by swede700

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I never stated and never would pay any of those guys $10M.  Plus, I don't think they'll get anywhere near $10M.  There won't be many, if any even, free agent OGs that will get $10M.  I'm only talking about spending $2M-$3M on them.  

Sure, I'd entertain it for that price. I just don't think it happens with how dumb free agent contracts are becoming. Anyone remember doing FFMD back in like 2009-2010, those contracts looked more realistic than the current market.

Edited by vikingsrule

I remember we pretty much nailed the Peterson extension. 

What is the deal with Brett Jones?  I thought he was a potential low-end stater or at least a decent back up.   Not that I want him to start, just wondering what the situation is since he was acquired 

5 hours ago, swede700 said:

3 year $18 million extension. Vikes could have easily been in on that. 

On 1/23/2019 at 8:41 PM, RpMc said:

Rhodes for Scherff or Waynes for Scherff. 

Both deals are on the table, which do you go with, or do you turn it down? Who wins either deal?

I'd be fine with either deal, although I'd rather keep Waynes.  I don't see Washington making this deal, unfortunately.