Dallas Cowboys - NFL Draft Prospect Meetings

canadaluvsdallas

11 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Well if it doesn't bother you being average at the QB position I don't know why you're complaining about being average at the kicker position.

Dak average and on the same level Maher...lol. Ok. Stupid me for bringing him into the conversation. 

Carry on with draft meetings. Nothing to see here.

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Dak average and on the same level Maher...lol. Ok. Stupid me for bringing him into the conversation. 

Carry on with draft meetings. Nothing to see here.

Only 6 other guys made more kicks than Maher. Problem is, of the 20 kickers who attempted at least 25 kicks Maher has one of the lowest percentages. He's also the only kicker in the top 10 of attempts to miss 2 kicks inside 39 yards.

6 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I’d kinda like to see them sign Matt Bryant. Just go get a reliable kicker

That'd be a smart decision. 3rd most accurate kicker last season and he's usually been pretty clutch.

12 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I think w/e team did that would overspend but yea it's possible. Fredbeard and Dak were people thought we overpaid for, and in hindsight we actually did.

I don't see how spending a 1st on an All-Pro, probable future Hall of Fame center and a 4th round comp on a guy who has started every single game for 3 seasons for us and is our franchise QB is overpaying. 

Just now, D82 said:

I don't see how spending a 1st on an All-Pro, probable future Hall of Fame center and a 4th round comp on a guy who has started every single game for 3 seasons for us and is our franchise QB is overpaying. 

It's the same gripe that I had about the Cooper trade. We just paid and did so with no fuss and just take the player we wanted.

I'm still fully convinced that we could have traded back a little and still gotten Fredbeard but also picked up Xavier Rhodes as well who was my top target for that year.

I know people are fine with the results, and sure for the most part I am ok with it. But I still like the idea of getting of getting both Rhodes and Fred rather then just getting Fred who I think we still could have gotten in the 2nd.

6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

It's the same gripe that I had about the Cooper trade. We just paid and did so with no fuss and just take the player we wanted.

I'm still fully convinced that we could have traded back a little and still gotten Fredbeard but also picked up Xavier Rhodes as well who was my top target for that year.

I know people are fine with the results, and sure for the most part I am ok with it. But I still like the idea of getting of getting both Rhodes and Fred rather then just getting Fred who I think we still could have gotten in the 2nd.

You don't know that though. Some other team could have traded up to get him, or another team could have taken him. The draft is a crapshoot, if your guy is there - you take him. 

Just now, D82 said:

You don't know that though. Some other team could have traded up to get him, or another team could have taken him. The draft is a crapshoot, if your guy is there - you take him. 

No but you can make accurate assessments. The draft that year was extremely top heavy in OL prospects with a big drop off after that where some even had Fred going in the 4th. If we were bottom 2nd round I could agree with you. But we were in the sweet spot where we could have still trade up after Menelik Watson was select and still got him instead of selecting that train wreck Escobar.