NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don't care what any of y'all say.

If Bryce Love or Derrius Guice is there at the end of round 1, then I am thinking long and hard about pulling the trigger.

Obviously if we don't keep Bradham or Jernigan and there is a great player at their position, then sure we can go that direction.

But, if we re-sign those guys and there isn't another need that is worthy of the pick, then don't force it. Go with BPA.

A duo of Ajayi and Love or Guice for one year at least before going forward with one of those studs on a rookie deal would be a beautiful thing.

I think Jay being here for next year makes running back a mid round need. Honestly I would hope to trade back into the second and hope to pick up a third at this point. 

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don't care what any of y'all say.

If Bryce Love or Derrius Guice is there at the end of round 1, then I am thinking long and hard about pulling the trigger.

Obviously if we don't keep Bradham or Jernigan and there is a great player at their position, then sure we can go that direction.

But, if we re-sign those guys and there isn't another need that is worthy of the pick, then don't force it. Go with BPA.

A duo of Ajayi and Love or Guice for one year at least before going forward with one of those studs on a rookie deal would be a beautiful thing.

If they're BPA I have no problem going RB. 

What a Saturday it was in the college world yesterday!

Will the Big XII get a really great defense again? 
Will Urban Meyer get another "heart condition"?

I would love Bryce Love to fall to us but I think he will be long gone by the time we pick if we pick in the twenties.

And my Canes won! Huge game against Notre Dame next Saturday. In the end I think the Domers will be too tough for the Canes this season.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

he's a beast,  but he's irrelevant since he won't be available until the 2020 draft

True that, never too early to keep an eye on a prospect tho. Dude's 18, imagine when he's 20... MMHM.

Honestly I would love to look at a safety in this draft, or pull off some crazy deal with CLE like:

Phi 1st

DE Vinny Curry

For there 2018 1st (2nd pick) should be mid 12-18 (Houston's record)

and hope to get DE Arden Key or S Derwin James

I just think Key paired up with Bennett would be explosive for the future of the D-Line

or 

Derwin James can take over for Malcolm Jenkins after next year. And we could trade him away in 2019 and get something in return without missing a beat in the secondary at a much cheaper value. 

22 minutes ago, SwedeCane said:

Do not want any part of Derwin James if he can't regain the form he had prior to his injury. 2017 Derwin James in one of the most overhyped players in college football.

To be fair pretty much every FSU player has been trash this year regardless of talent. We're gonna have some massive overhauls soon with the coaching. We had a mass exodus after the National Championship and Jimbo's hires to replace them have not just been underwhelming but outright terrible. But yeah, Derwin hasn't been the Jalen Ramsey clone that was expected. Still, a 6'3 212 defensive back with good football instincts will be coveted by a lot of franchises. 

Archived