Josh Allen vs Lamar Jackson

Activated10

Allen vs Jackson   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Better QB long term

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/20/2019 at 12:25 PM

Both of these QBs are dynamic athletes in different ways, Lamar Jackson with his speed and elusiveness and Josh Allen with his power and underrated quickness. Both QB have accuracy issues have well that have people concerned about their long success. 

So which QB do you have more confidence in having success in long teem

Right now both are pretty raw. Jackson's rushing yard total is more sustainable in the long run than Allen's. Both have serious accuracy concerns that stem back to college.

I think Jackson has a higher ceiling and a better chance of reaching that (part of that reasoning is the coaching around him right now, particularly Greg Roman and James Urban), and I think he already looks better despite only playing for a half season when he was supposed to be red-shirting than a lot of people want to give him credit for. And he was playing in an offense that was built in a week.

I also think because of the quality of the team that Jackson has around him, it'll lend itself to better long term success than the gong show surrounding Josh Allen in Buffalo.

I’m a homer on this, but I’ll take Lamar. From an arm cannon perspective, Josh Allen takes this. But that’s about the only thing I’ll give him.

Based off of their collegiate careers and short NFL careers to this point, Jackson has proven to possess superior passing completion ability. What’s more he tends to do a better job at correcting his mistakes and maintaining those corrections, which seems to lend itself to him being the more consistent player statistically and allowed him to reach Heisman candidacy in multiple collegiate seasons.

Whereas on the flip side, Allen tends to be very streaky and inconsistent. This isn’t simply an NFL rookie thing, but the same was true of him in college. He would have games and drives where he looks like a QB savant, but then also have games where he looks completely overwhelmed. Throw in an less proven coaching staff and playing in a division with the Patriots (as stated from others above) and its hard for me to believe he has better career prospects.

Consistent production is generally a great indicator of continued production long term, thus I definitely have Jackson taking this one.

On 2019-01-29 at 9:06 PM, Boltstrikes said:

Lamar pretty easily for me cause Josh has to play New England twice a year and is stuck on the Bills who have mired in mediocrity for a long while. Lamar has Harbaugh and a stable situation. Allen... not so much. 

Bills situation much better than the past. Sean McDermott is a good coach and I think Brandon Beane is a solid GM so I think Ravens and Bills have similar stable situations in terms of that point 

On 2019-01-29 at 5:22 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Right now both are pretty raw. Jackson's rushing yard total is more sustainable in the long run than Allen's. Both have serious accuracy concerns that stem back to college.

I think Jackson has a higher ceiling and a better chance of reaching that (part of that reasoning is the coaching around him right now, particularly Greg Roman and James Urban), and I think he already looks better despite only playing for a half season when he was supposed to be red-shirting than a lot of people want to give him credit for. And he was playing in an offense that was built in a week.

I also think because of the quality of the team that Jackson has around him, it'll lend itself to better long term success than the gong show surrounding Josh Allen in Buffalo.

You don't think Brandon Beane will build decent team around Josh Allen, so far I think he's been a decent GM

Archived