2019 MLB Draft

devils1854

On 6/4/2019 at 12:21 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I like Turang and he was a good pick, but you shouldn't be projecting additional power. He tried to add loft to his swing as a senior and it took him from the 1st pick in the draft to the back of the first round because teams figured out he couldn't make any contact.

If he makes a similar adjustment again, his OBP goes down as a result. I'm totally fine with the high OBP, good defense SS as a cornerstone, but there's not any more power coming.

I don’t get why bk can be so mad about a guy like Brice Turing in the late first round. This is the MLB draft dude!

On 6/5/2019 at 2:04 PM, THE DUKE said:

Some of the big programs have a real good shot at getting multiple of the highly rated HS arms in this draft to campus this fall:

Vanderbilt: Matt Allan, Jack Leiter, Spencer Jones
Florida: Hunter Barco, Josh Rivera, Tyler Ownes
Miami: Alexander McFarlane, Dylan Eskew
Louisville: Michael Prosecky, Avery Short

Vandy's rotation next year could be Mason Hickman, Kumar Rocker, and Jack Leiter with Matt Allan starting in the mid week games and Spencer Jones joining an already loaded bullpen before starting in 2021.  Even if the Mets somehow find a way to pay Baty and Allan, i'm sure Vandy has some highly ranked arm from last year that i'm overlooking.

Matt Allan is a Florida commitment.

Leiter might not even be in the weekend rotation next year for Vandy.

Hugh Fisher(top 10 projected for 2020) and Kumar Rocker are pretty much set, but they will also have upcoming junior Tyler Brown, who is in contention for closer of the year and he might move to be a starter, upcoming junior Mason Hickman who leads the team in ERA and has started 10 games this year, and upcoming sophomore Ethan Smith who has been dominant as a freshman in a reliever role.

Besides Leiter and Jones coming to Vandy, they also have Carter Young coming, and dont count out Tre Fletcher or Kendall Williams yet.

Ill still put up Georgia's weekend rotation against Vanderbilt. Ethan Hankins(#1 fangraphs), Cole Wilcox(#4 fangraphs), and CJ Smith(HM fangraphs).

Overall, college baseball is going to be loaded with talent. Maybe more than there has ever been. I think we are seeing a bigger shift of top high school kids going to school these past couple of years and its really showing now.

Even so, Vandy will be the clear cut #1 team no matter what. The talent they are bringing back and in is just unfair. They should win the championship easily this year and next, and probably the year after. They are that much better talent wise than any other team in the nation.

If I had to round out a top 10 for next year, Id add Arizona State, UCLA, Georgia, Florida, Arkansas, Miami, Florida State, Louisville, and Texas Tech. Mississippi State, LSU, Clemson, Coastal Carolina, Texas, Michigan, and probably Texas A&M would follow.

Edited by devils1854

On 6/6/2019 at 1:25 PM, redsoxsuck05 said:

I don’t get why bk can be so mad about a guy like Brice Turing in the late first round. This is the MLB draft dude!

I'm not mad, I just don't expect anything more than a light hitting MIF from him. Dime a dozen. 

I stated my case as to why. It's not like I'm just randomly killing the kid.