Russell Wilson

Money

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

No. Itll never happen.

You can pretty much copy and paste that response for every single post he makes.      

Things like logic and reality dont factor into his ideas.

7 minutes ago, DR43 said:

I am standing firm that we will only get a third and a fourth, in two different years for AB.

If that's the offer no way they accept it. I do believe that someone will give up at first but at the worst case scenario I believe someone will give up a pair of second-round picks

On the topic of in Denio Brown though apparently he reiterated his trade demand.

And apparently the Pittsburgh Steelers are still considering placing the transition tag on Le'Veon Bell which would be interesting because I do believe someone would give up at least a second-round pick for Le'Veon Bell and I believe that someone might be San Francisco or the Indianapolis Colts or maybe even the Oakland Raiders. I'm not going to lie as much as I'm ready to just be done with bell it would be nice to get something out of both and O'Neill Brown and Le'Veon Bell because more often than not we just watch these stars go away and we don't even get comp picks

40 minutes ago, DR43 said:

Would you feel we would keep him if they were not offered at least a 2nd?

Let me put it this way....

I wouldnt completely put it past the Steelers to trade Brown for such poor value....but I cant imagine why they would do that.   Brown is still playing at an elite level and has several years of high quality play ahead of him.    His contract is actually pretty team friendly to OTHER teams, too.   Guys like Amari Cooper and Brandin Cooks have gotten teams 1st round picks in recent years, and even if they are younger, neither are remotely close to the talent Brown is.

If the Steelers were offered what you said and not much better, they would be better off either keeping him and trying to make it work, or at least keeping him until the season when a team like the 49ers or Seahawks realize they desperately need a proven veteran weapon and up their offers.

Personally, I wouldnt trade Brown for less than first round value....or at worst, a top 40 pick.       If the 49ers offered us their 2nd round pick, Id probably ask for their 3rd or a future 3rd, but if we had to settle for ONLY their 2nd, Id live with it.

Personally, I think we should be able to get their 2nd this year AND 2nd next year for the talent Brown is.  

On 2/5/2019 at 7:24 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

Let me put it this way....

I wouldnt completely put it past the Steelers to trade Brown for such poor value....but I cant imagine why they would do that.   Brown is still playing at an elite level and has several years of high quality play ahead of him.    His contract is actually pretty team friendly to OTHER teams, too.   Guys like Amari Cooper and Brandin Cooks have gotten teams 1st round picks in recent years, and even if they are younger, neither are remotely close to the talent Brown is.

If the Steelers were offered what you said and not much better, they would be better off either keeping him and trying to make it work, or at least keeping him until the season when a team like the 49ers or Seahawks realize they desperately need a proven veteran weapon and up their offers.

Personally, I wouldnt trade Brown for less than first round value....or at worst, a top 40 pick.       If the 49ers offered us their 2nd round pick, Id probably ask for their 3rd or a future 3rd, but if we had to settle for ONLY their 2nd, Id live with it.

Personally, I think we should be able to get their 2nd this year AND 2nd next year for the talent Brown is.  

I agree with that completely. I am sorry but I don't care if they are younger Brandin Cooks and Amari Cooper are not half the wide receiver that Antonio Brown is. I will say this Brandon cookies a better person but as a player which is what matters in trade value he's not even close to Antonio Brown. I might argue Amari Cooper as a fringe top 10 wide receiver but Antonio Brown is a top 2 wide receiver perhaps the best wide receiver in the league.

Amari Cooper can be traded for a first round pick there's no way in hell you trade in Denia Brown for anything less than equivalent to that value. Two second round picks this year or a second round pick this year in a second round picks next year or flat-out a first-round pick this year. If it is a first-round pick next year we still need to get at least a third round pick this year

Archived