TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

B60 Tourist:" Oh wow the movies, i haven't seen a movie in forever, the new Thor movie in Japanese , be so cool!!!!

B60 Tourist: "one ticket to Thor, Thor... Thats... Thor." 

Japanese Movie Worker: "$37.50 American

B60 Tourist: ":$ oh"

Edited by Bednarik60

Just now, Bednarik60 said:

And what did you mean by the bold exactly? wasn't following. 

As far as I'm aware content there either gets upvoted or downvoted by users. Upvoted content gets more exposure and downvoted content gets the opposite treatment. People there seem really hive-minded and will gang up on opinions they don't like. So for example if someone like @ninjapirate went to one of the subreddits and started making contrarian points he'd get downvoted. It depends on the community I guess but whenever I tried them it seemed like everyone was walking on eggshells to not get downvoted.

So for example people who post "Eagles will be 16-0! smile emojix15" might get a ton of upvotes but if someone says something that hurts peoples feelings like "Yeah I think Doug Pederson is an idiot and Carson Wentz has footwork problems" you'll probably get downvoted into censorship. At least, that was my experience, I'm sure there are some great communities there, but the ability for downvoting is just stupid in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

B60 Tourist: "OMG COTTON CANDY! HOW MUCH!!!!!? 

Japanese Vendor: "$23.75 American"

B60 Tourist: "O.owut"

Yeah dude I once saw a mile long line and I was like WTF is that?
It was for "gourmet popcorn." And they were paying crazy prices for it.

garret-1.jpg

I've never even heard of Garrett popcorn lol.

8 minutes ago, Phire said:

As far as I'm aware content there either gets upvoted or downvoted by users. Upvoted content gets more exposure and downvoted content gets the opposite treatment. People there seem really hive-minded and will gang up on opinions they don't like. So for example if someone like @ninjapirate went to one of the subreddits and started making contrarian points he'd get downvoted. It depends on the community I guess but whenever I tried them it seemed like everyone was walking on eggshells to not get downvoted.

So for example people who post "Eagles will be 16-0! smile emojix15" might get a ton of upvotes but if someone says something that hurts peoples feelings like "Yeah I think Doug Pederson is an idiot and Carson Wentz has footwork problems" you'll probably get downvoted into censorship. At least, that was my experience, I'm sure there are some great communities there, but the ability for downvoting is just stupid in my opinion.

That is hysterical.  Thanks for the explanation. Yeah i could see how that would go south real quick for a lot of us lol. Also makes sense why Reddit is so popular, cause its probably cliquey as hell and way to "safe/agreeable"

8 minutes ago, Phire said:

Yeah dude I once saw a mile long line and I was like WTF is that?
It was for "gourmet popcorn." And they were paying crazy prices for it.

I've never even heard of Garrett popcorn lol.

Oh wow. (doing some googling, guess this is BIG over there) Weird, caramel corn and weird flavor popcorn is ughh just that weird. So 90's early 2000's American mall ya know, like how every mall would have one of those caramel popcorn places? 

Just now, Bednarik60 said:

Oh wow. (doing some googling, guess this is BIG over there) Weird, caramel corn and weird flavor popcorn is ughh just that weird. So 90's early 2000's American mall ya know, like how every mall would have one of those caramel popcorn places? 

Yeah lol that's what we sold for football fundraisers and stuff.
If I knew I could get rich opening a popcorn shop in Japan... I legit think if you put "B60's World Famous Gourmet Popcorn" they'd line up, there's no way they knew what Garrett's was.

2 minutes ago, Phire said:

Yeah lol that's what we sold for football fundraisers and stuff.
If I knew I could get rich opening a popcorn shop in Japan... I legit think if you put "B60's World Famous Gourmet Popcorn" they'd line up, there's no way they knew what Garrett's was.

That would be so funny. "Ros World Famous Grill Cheese".. Like anything famous with generic American food is going to kill over there. 

They have such a different palate then us, its funny the foods that work and then the ones that don't. I had a Japanese friend at the gym and he told me all Japanese people hate American Root Beer lol and i guess its kinda true. Like how does Caramel Popcorn go like crazy, but Root Beer is gross?

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Forgetting to eat half the time, and every time I do I feel super down. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Story of my life since i hit about when i hit 27 to now. 

Eat as much as you can when you can and before you go to sleep to give you more energy the following day anticipating for the times you figure you will just be boneheaded and not eat. 

For me i got to have certain food around or i wont eat, like nuts and seeds work great for me cause i can live out on a counter and they are there as a reminder and easy on the go so it doesnt disrupt what ever im doing that is distracting me from eating. Could be granola bars or  bananas , a snack mix or trail mix or something like that , you can keep by your computer or desk or bedroom.