AAF League

soflbillsfan

First off, has anyone been watching the AAF? Any one have any particular team they are rooting for?

The reason I bring this thread up in a Bills forum is because the league offers prospects on veterans who havent been shown that much attention outside of a random work out for a team and this can essentially be a minor league version to show off veterans who could get a second shot in the NFL. 2 guys that have come to mind when watching that I wouldnt mind the bills bringing in to camp and giving a 2nd shot, are Jalin Marshall from the Apolos and Rashad Ross from the Hotshots. Both are wide receivers and Ross has played Special Teams at the NFL level which the bills could use at return man. 

What are your thoughts?

There are some nice things about this league than NFL needs to take over. For instance having a replay official in the booth instead of one guy in NYC. And you can hear everything they say during a review which I like. 

I don't think this league will last. It seems rushed to try and beat the XFL and I think that'll be it's down fall.

I don't think its close to folding or seems rushed to compete with the XFL. Actually, if I remember correctly, the league was announced along with its start date before the XFL even came out an announced its return. Yes there was the financial issue with paying out players, but if you look at it, things like this happen all the time with any new startup business. There's alot of big names and corporations behind this thing that I could see help it making it past the rough beginning. Ratings are still real good which I think gives it a fighting chance once over the hump.

like @DER10N92is saying I do not see it folding nor rushed, and with someone coming in like the Hurricanes owner putting money in to it and being a board member now I can see other people backing it as well. As it is gaining traction with people. They definitely have some positives to it and it is good for the NFL. the CFL and Arena have different rules and some players (very few) make it on to the NFL level. This is more of a Minor league Brand that CFL and Arena do not have. This gives the NFL an opportunity to have a scout go to the games and watch these veterans play and media is starting to break down some of their plays which is getting attention from GMs. They tried to have a veteran combine which didnt help out a few years ago but putting players in football shape and playing a few months after the NFL season is over and right before OTAs and pre-season it will benefit both sides. This is a start up and will definitely have its growing pains but i think this will be more successful then the XFL which will push to be its own entity and have different rules that would never be used at the NFL level based on previous experience of watching years ago. Im not going to say that these AAF players are going to automatically go to the NFL as I see most of these guys being there for the rest of their careers, but you will definitely see a bunch of them getting picked up to 90 man rosters and a few making it on to an NFL team. Getting a 2nd opportunity by showing their skill set out of College is hard to come by and this league gives them that opportunity. Zac Stacy, Trent Richardson, Jalin Marsharll and Rashad Ross are just a few guys who are showing people that they have what it takes to compete and hopefully an NFL team gives them that opportunity again.

3 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

Ratings are still real good which I think gives it a fighting chance once over the hump.

Is it? Because I've seen numbers avg. under 600,000 viewers. Last weekend on the NFL network for the games it averaged 425k. The NFL network is in over 11 million homes. 

Archived