ITS REALLY HAPPENING: OBJ to Cleveland(mock)

TheeRealDeal

Re-Sign ::
OT Greg Robinson
WR Rashard Higgins 2nd Tender 3.11m
DB Briean Boddy-Calhoun 2nd Tender 3.11
DT Trevon Coley ERFA Tender
FB Orson Chales 1 year 750k

Trades :: 
Trade #17 and Rashard Higgins to New York for Odell Beckham
Trade Emmanuel Ogbah to Detroit for #111

Sign ::
DE Brandon Graham 3 years 30 million
DT Malik Jackson 3 years 24 million
CB Jason Verrett 1 year 2.5 million
DE David Irving 1 year 805k
LB Bryce Hagar 1 year 805k

Extension :: 
Damarious Randall 4 Years 43.25 million 21 guaranteed added on to his 2019 contact.
Total Value              =  5th
Yearly Average        =  5th
Total Guarantee      =  4th
Average Guarantee = 2nd

I believe that is very reasonable as I would consider Randall a Top 10 guy but not a Top 5 guy and with contracts it is all about timing. The newest deals are always bigger so he will get paid a little high than his actually "rank". I looked at the Top 7 paid Safeties and came to the conclusion this would be a fair contract for a player who has generated 16 turnovers in 4 years at a steady pace of 4 per year and not just a one year wonder.

Draft ::
2-49. Kahale Warring TE San Diego State
-Very young to football. Moves easy. Natural Hands. High upside prospect who could be Dorsey's new Travis Kelce.

3-80. Trysten Hill DT UCF
-Extremely explosive DT for his size. Especially quick laterally off the ball. Big wide body to be able to defend run as well but he's just not there yet with technique.

3-95. Maxx Crosby DE Eastern Michigan
-Another swing for the fences pick from a small school. Looks to have an immature body and muscle tone so I believe he will only get stronger and more explosive. Doesn't flatten the corner the best but he is one the better in this class at doing so. For a small school guy used his arms really well. Could be a force in year 2 or 3.

4-111. Germaine Pratt LB North Carolina State
-Athletic linebacker who can cover a lot of space for Wilks Cover 2

4-119. Dionte Johnson WR Toledo
-Athletic shifty WR who knows how to get open. Baker Mayfield will love this guy.

5. Zach Bailey OL South Carolina
-Very versatile and veteran offensive lineman who plays aggressive. Has experience as a starting OC, LG and RT. Needs some work with his punch and lunging at times but he has the right attitude and skill set to be a successful NFL lineman.

5. Donald Parham TE Stetson
-Freakish mismatch possibilities. Moves very easy for his 6'9 243 frame. This is no 6'7 270 slow mo like Jesse James. He has some wiggle and quickness out of breaks. Even the tallest DBs in the game struggle to be a legit 6'3. Even if you can only coach Parham to do one thing and one thing only he is going to be near impossible to defend in the redzone and that is why I am okay spending a 5th on a kid who may never even play a down in the NFL. Reward is greater than the risk of a wasted 5th.

5. Matt Gay PK Utah
-Best kicker in the draft. Accurate and powerful leg.

6. David Long CB Michigan
-Athletic corner. Played in a man scheme so I don't know how well he will do in Cover 2 but I didn't feel like watching CBs again to find a better Cover 2 fit.

7. Preston Williams WR Colorado State
-Extremely talented big bodied WR who can run really well. Has some off the field issued that cause him to fall. Will battle for the final WR spot on the roster.

UDFA Tre Watson LB Maryland
-Aggressive LB I really like but the NFL seems to think very low of him. Still would like to give him a shot as an UDFA

UDFA Jay-Tee Tulili DT Eastern Washington
-Giant wide bodies run stuffer. DPOY in the Big Sky with some off the field concerns that will cause him to be undrafted.

Roster ::
QB Baker Mayfield/Drew Stanton
RB Nick Chubb/Duke Johnson/Kareem Hunt
FB Orson Charles
WR Odell Beckham/Antonio Calloway/Jaelen Strong
WR Jarvis Landry/Dionte Johnson /(Willies/Louis/Ratley/Williams)
TE David Njoku/Kahale Warring/Darren Fells/Donald Parham
LT Greg Robinson/Desmond Harrison
LG Joel Bitonio
OC J.C. Tretter/Zach Bailey
RG Kevin Zeitler/Austin Corbett
RT Chris Hubbard
DE Myles Garrett/Chris Smith
DT Larry Ogunjobi/Trevon Coley
DT Malik Jackson/Tristen Hill/Chad Thomas
DE Brandon Graham/David Irving/Maxx Crosby
LB Genard Avery/Jamie Collins
LB Joe Schobert/Bryce Hagar
LB Christian Kirksey/Germaine Pratt
CB Denzel Ward/T.J. Carrie/Tavierre Thomas
CB Terrance Mitchell/Jason Verrett/David Long
FS Damarious Randall/Briean Boddy-Calhoun
SS Jabrill Peppers/Derrick Kindred
PK Matt Gay
PT Britton Colquitt
LS Charley Hughlett

Man, it's crazy how unpredictable this draft can be. I definitely would not have guessed certain players would go in these rounds - like Warring as early as middle of round 2, or Preston Williams slipping to round 7. I would not have pegged him as someone going later than round 5 - we'll see how his pro day goes though.

April is gonna be madness.

Trysten Hill is a cool pick in the 3rd. In the words of every draft analyst ever, "great value!"

I'm guess Malik Jackson is getting cut in this scenario. I'd be cool with that contract. 

I don't agree with a lot of the draft slotting but we'll see. 

I think the thing I like the most is we didn't overspend. The only issue I see is no OL earlier than the 5th here. I really think that happens, whether it be a tackle or an interior guy.

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Trysten Hill is a cool pick in the 3rd. In the words of every draft analyst ever, "great value!"

I'm guess Malik Jackson is getting cut in this scenario. I'd be cool with that contract. 

I don't agree with a lot of the draft slotting but we'll see. 

I think the thing I like the most is we didn't overspend. The only issue I see is no OL earlier than the 5th here. I really think that happens, whether it be a tackle or an interior guy.

So 3rd is good value for Trysten Hill in your eyes?

Would you be upset if he were the pick at #49?

I actually had a mock 85% completed with a trade for Gerald McCoy until I saw rumors that Tampa was in fact going to keep him another year, so I rearranged it to include Malik instead and despite Jacksonville wanting to cut ties he is still producing at a high level. He is also only 29 so he has 3-4 years of quality play in him.

If we resign Greg Robinson I don't think we will target an OT earlier than the 5th round, but I do agree and want us to target and IOL higher in the draft. We actually both agree on Erik McCoy and really like him, but I have been reading more and more lately that he is actually more likely to go in the late 1st. I haven't watched enough other IOL to look at other 2nd/3rd types. I did see a twitter post on Zach Bailey and liked what it showed then watched 5 games and did some research. I think he is a good prospect to do some study on and he may even go higher than 5th. Regarding IOL I also have this weird feeling deep down that John Dorsey is going to make a drastic move and go after Mitch Morse then dump JC Tretter. I have that feeling but its just too far out there at this point for me to include it my mocks.

8 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I'm off the obj wagon // skill player wagon in the 1st. I'd rather keep Higgins a for cheaper also.

I'd rather draft a OT or a DL

I'm obviously not on the OBJ wagon either if you have read any of my comments in the multiple OBJ threads. I don't really want him in the locker room and I ultimately don't think he gets traded. I just felt like doing something a little different.

10 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I'm obviously not on the OBJ wagon either if you have read any of my comments in the multiple OBJ threads. I don't really want him in the locker room and I ultimately don't think he gets traded. I just felt like doing something a little different.

You trolled yourself. 10/10

Archived