Revamping WR - Who should we target?

Deadpulse

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

9 mil is prop $1-1.5 richer annually averaged out than I'd be comfy wit. At $7-7.5 I think Hump is a stump. (That's a good thing.)

Ehh...we don't need another Edelman/Amendola wanna-be....

38 minutes ago, dhunt2402 said:

Given they just won the Super Bowl with all the issues they had at the receiver position, and with ~$12 mil in cap space to work with at the moment, I'm definitely glad they didn't drop $9 mil a year on Adam Humphries.

I paid 7.8 APY for him in TCMD haha

41 minutes ago, dhunt2402 said:

Given they just won the Super Bowl with all the issues they had at the receiver position, and with ~$12 mil in cap space to work with at the moment, I'm definitely glad they didn't drop $9 mil a year on Adam Humphries.

Have to wait until the market cools down.

3 hours ago, patman said:

Amendola missed 8 games in 5 years.

Less than it seemed because he was always banged up the first three years. Had to be limited in use the last two because of his durability throughout his career.

Point was that Humphries is a beast everywhere not just the slot so the value is a little higher.

39 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Less than it seemed because he was always banged up the first three years. Had to be limited in use the last two because of his durability throughout his career.

Point was that Humphries is a beast everywhere not just the slot so the value is a little higher.

But who cares about his first 3 years. I don't think he was limited much with the pats in 2017.  The pats always spread the ball around to multiple, and Amendola worked outside at least 1/2 the time  as the slot was jules.   

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

You're a Patriots fan, aren't you?  Randall Cobb would absolutely tear it up in New England.  He would look like a Hall of Fame receiver in New England.  He has consistently had one of the highest target-catch rates in the NFL, and he lead the league two years ago in separation yards on his receptions.  Meaning, he was the most "open" receiver in the NFL. 

Cobb in New England would have 120 receptions a year until he's 34.  ESPECIALLY if he was healthy.  He only started this year with a 9 reception, 142 yard game including a 70 yard TD to help the Packers in that comeback against the Bears after all. 

Randall Cobb is one of the most poorly-used receivers in the NFL.  Mike McCarthy did him no favors whatsoever, and neither did Aaron Rodgers. 

Aaron's biggest fault since 2015 has been his greed.  He CONSTANTLY passed up the open receiver looking for more.  Does that sound like Brady?  Nope. 

Randall Cobb frequently lined up in the backfield for no reason whatsoever because he wasn't used appropriately or targeted when he lined up back there. 

I can't even imagine the season Randall Cobb would have in New England, and I'm surprised he isn't already there.  If Rodgers has any kind of self-awareness, he's probably dreading Cobb going to New England because of how great Cobb would look there. 

If Cobb was healthy for 16 games in New England, Marvin Harrison's single-season reception record is broken. 

I hope Cobb signs here.

On 3/15/2019 at 10:26 AM, DoleINGout said:

If they replace Chris Hogan with Randall Cobb and return with Edelman and Dorsett plus Maurice Harris that is already an improvement from last year. Throw in the wild cards of Josh Gordon, Braxton Berrios, Bruce Ellington and a rookie or two then maybe by the end of 2019 their receiving corps will be considered relatively "good".

Archived