Lebron's legacy !!! ??? !!!

resilient part 2

3 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

Wait so the West has exposed his durability as well? He said it himself he doesn't like to activate playoff mode this early...

Yup clearly that must be it.

24 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Yes let's look at what is happening to a 34 year old injured Lebron and let it cast doubt on his whole career. Brilliant arguments.

He’s not injured anymore and is 4-9 since returning.

Why do you like giving him excuses?

3 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

He’s not injured anymore and is 4-9 since returning.

Why do you like giving him excuses?

Is he still 34? Do the Lakers have anyone else?

12 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

I'm not trolling at all. I believe every last word of what I'm saying and think that this season will absolutely affect the public's perception of LeBron's legacy. Especially for Lakers fans.

So you are not trolling excluding him from the top 10 greatest players of all time list? L-O-L.................

29 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

1) Pretty much everything you've said has been wrong. No one denies the West is harder than the East. Pretending that's the reason why the Lakers suck is wrong. I already told why. You arguments are literally making up points then arguing against them and pretending it's valid. Literally no one thought this Lakers team was going to the finals. Yet you use that as an argument for a non-existent case.

No it hasn’t. He’s not good enough to drag a bad roster to the playoffs by himself in the West like he could the East. As of now, this is a fact so I actually can’t be wrong.

32 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

2) Yes, he is. I'll go the breakdown I reference from time to time.

He’s not better than MJ, Kareem, or Duncan.

34 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

3) The comedy continues.

The Lebron-led Lake Show? We don’t disagree there.

You guys need to understand where I'm coming from. I've been a fan of the Thunder since they've been a franchise and have heavily followed them and their attempts to win an NBA title. I've lost hundreds of dollars betting on this team to win it all.

Many years we've just barely came up short but we also had a really small margin of error. One year our road to get into the finals was a 50-win grizzlies team at their peak performance, a 57 win Clippers team and a 63 win Spurs team that eventually won it all. This was after we had Durant playing 43 minutes in the last game of the season just 2 days before the playoffs started because seeding is just that important in the West.

LeBron has never had anything close to that small of a margin of error, but now that he does and he misses the playoffs, here come the LeExcuses. Where were these excuses when the Thunder didn't win it all? No one had any sympathy for us, they were too busy throwing heaps of praises towards LeBron.

14 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

He was just in the Finals 9 months ago. Has he really dropped off that hard that he cant make the playoffs?

Are you under the impression that team doesn't matter at all? Are you under the impression that Lebron now is as good as Lebron in his prime? Are you under the impression that MJ, Kobe, Duncan, Bird, Johnson, etc. had teammates this bad when they made the playoffs? Are you under the impression that missing the playoffs for the first time since he was 20 is an indictment on his career?

And you think we make too much of the injury when you just completely ignore it ever happened. They were 20-14 before his injury.

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

Are you under the impression that team doesn't matter at all? Are you under the impression that Lebron now is as good as Lebron in his prime? Are you under the impression that MJ, Kobe, Duncan, Bird, Johnson, etc. had teammates this bad when they made the playoffs? Are you under the impression that missing the playoffs for the first time since he was 20 is an indictment on his career?

And you think we make too much of the injury when you just completely ignore it ever happened.

For someone who is considered the 2nd best of all time (even though he’s not), who was just in the Finals 9 months ago and was said to essentially single handedly bring his team to the Finals, his standard should be to atleast will his team to the playoffs. I’m not giving him the injury excuse because he’s played in nearly 75% of LA’s games this year. I’m not giving him the no teammates excuse because the narrative has always been that Lebron can drag a team to the playoffs by himself. Like you said, his PER is 25 and is still averaging 27/8.7/8 so he hasn’t dropped off that hard.

All of that combined shows that the real reason he’s struggling to make it in to the playoffs is because he’s out West. Not because he has no teammates (which he chose by the way) since the story’s always been he can get to the postseason alone, not because of age since he played lackadaisical defense last year and is putting up near identical numbers as last year, and not because of injury since he’s played in almost 75% of the games.

Why do you people love making up excuses for this guy? Hold him to the standard he should be held to.

“[Lebron] talked with Johnson about finding playmakers and guys known for their toughness, which effectively resulted in a roster lacking in shooting and floor spacing. The Lakers went out and got players who fit that description — who were willing to play on one-year deals.”

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26137383/lebron-first-season-los-angeles-become-disaster

One year rental tough guys who aren’t the best shooters are exactly who Lebron wanted. But we’re gonna give him the excuse of a crap roster that he wanted put together? Lol please.

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

“[Lebron] talked with Johnson about finding playmakers and guys known for their toughness, which effectively resulted in a roster lacking in shooting and floor spacing. The Lakers went out and got players who fit that description — who were willing to play on one-year deals.”

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26137383/lebron-first-season-los-angeles-become-disaster

One year rental tough guys who aren’t the best shooters are exactly who Lebron wanted. But we’re gonna give him the excuse of a crap roster that he wanted put together? Lol please.

I must have missed the playmakers they got. Care to name them

Archived