Lebron's legacy !!! ??? !!!

resilient part 2

11 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I must have missed the playmakers they got. Care to name them

Idk you’ll have to ask Lebron. Not sure what he saw in the guys he wanted brought on, but for whatever reason he wanted them lol

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Idk you’ll have to ask Lebron. Not sure what he saw in the guys he wanted brought on, but for whatever reason he wanted them lol

So you are taking a quote about Lebron telling Magic what he wanted in general terms and assuming that means he also gave the specific names that they signed? You leave no room for the possibility that Magic is a terrible GM and failed

Just now, mse326 said:

So you are taking a quote about Lebron telling Magic what he wanted in general terms and assuming that means he also gave the specific names that they signed? You leave no room for the possibility that Magic is a terrible GM and failed

Your fooling yourself if you think Lebron didn’t give the ok on who was and wasn’t signed. 

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Your fooling yourself if you think Lebron didn’t give the ok on who was and wasn’t signed. 

It's a wonder any team with Lebron pays for any front office staff. Obviously he does it all himself. And even if he wanted them it's irrelevant. His GM abilities play not part in his playing abilities.

No one is arguing about the blame he deserves. It's about how much his play is the cause.

4 minutes ago, mse326 said:

It's a wonder any team with Lebron pays for any front office staff. Obviously he does it all himself.

He’s the ultimate control freak. Moreso than anyone in the history of sports.

Edit: as far as players go

9 minutes ago, mse326 said:

It's a wonder any team with Lebron pays for any front office staff. Obviously he does it all himself. And even if he wanted them it's irrelevant. His GM abilities play not part in his playing abilities.

No one is arguing about the blame he deserves. It's about how much his play is the cause.

It’s not about his play because as you have already pointed out, it hasn’t really changed (besides his effort level on defense which is a whole nother topic). It’s about how both rosters this year and last year were crap but because he’s in the West he can’t drag it to the playoffs. If he were in the East he could. That’s how he’s been exposed. It’s been easier for him to get to the Finals than any other top 5-10 player in NBA history, especially in the last 5 years. 2013-2018 is the weakest the East has ever been.

6 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

There's still guys left out of my top 10 that I have over LeBron. George Mikan, Hakeem Olajuwon, and Steph Curry to name a few.

Everything you've said up to this point I've been 100% on board with, but Mikan over Lebron? Feel like at worst they are even, in which I'd give nod to Lebron for longevity. Most of Mikan's rings came when there were only 10 teams in the league, so his path to the finals were comparably as convenient as Lebron's have been.

Archived