Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm not undermining anyone. He's a veteran presence we don't need and I seriously can't believe people are trying to die on a hill to sign this guy back. I literally cannot make that any more of a parody than it already is.

We have veteran presence. And Quinn is a 2nd year WR. Let's look at the WR corps.

And that is BEFORE we draft anyone else. So add two more WRs to the mix (assuming 2) from the draft

So it looks like this...

Only 5 are gonna make the roster. 

Are the locks. You're telling me that with already 66% of the locks on the roster being veterans, that we need more veteran presence? 

Dox...also can't get open either. So your solution is to add ANOTHER WR that is the same only worse?

Nope. For those last two spots I want upside. Not a plodding mule.

Dude If Quinn doesn't hold his spot, you would have a reliable guy in Grant. What don't you get? 

He wouldn't if it's an honest competition. But Gruden doesn't do that. It's why Rob Kelley continues to have a roster spot. Same with Grant until the Colts signed him away. And then let him go after only one year. It should be telling that no one thinks that much of him that he is still unsigned this far into FA. Trust me, he's gonna be available midseason if our whole WR corps goes down. He won't be doing much of anything except watching from his couch

Back to this Gruden BS. Yet you didn't answer my question about this when asked😐. Grant and Quinn fall in the catergory of "Gruden Favorites" so how would this be a factor with two of his favorite players plus his job on the line? 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Holy hell, Ryan Grant? Are we that far to the bottom of the dumpster? 

He would’ve really helped us last year and could still help us if starters get hurt. I really don’t understand ridiculous reactions like this to a steady Eddie/reliable back up player.

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Dude If Quinn doesn't hold his spot, you would have a reliable guy in Grant. What don't you get? 

Quinn is a lock. Grant's not competing against him. Youre talking about ignoring the upside in players like Sims in favor of keeping a guy who has proven that he can't help you get better as a team.

He's a consistent "5". 

And that's great...

...if you want to keep being 7-9, 6-10,8-8 an occasionally 9-7 (every once in awhile). 

I am tired of being mediocre.

Guys like Grant are why we are consistently mediocre. 

We need to go with the upside in the guys for those last two spots. 

It's not a hard concept to get. Unless your aim is to shoot for 8-8 and a playoff berth twice in a decade (when the rest of the division craps the bed).

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Back to this Gruden BS. Yet you didn't answer my question about this when asked😐. Grant and Quinn fall in the catergory of "Gruden Favorites" so how would this be a factor with two of his favorite players plus his job on the line? 

I actually did answer you. Quinn and Grant aren't in competition with each other. 

It's Grant vs. Sims, Davis, Ross and the rooks.

PRich, Dox and Quinn are locks.

Quinn is a lock. Grant's not competing against him. Youre talking about ignoring the upside in players like Sims in favor of keeping a guy who has proven that he can't help you get better as a team.

He's a consistent "5". 

And that's great...

...if you want to keep being 7-9, 6-10,8-8 an occasionally 9-7 (every once in awhile). 

It's not a hard concept to get. Unless your aim is to shoot for 8-8 and a playoff berth twice in a decade (when the rest of the division craps the bed).

How is he a lock if he got hurt? 

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He would’ve really helped us last year and could still help us if starters get hurt. I really don’t understand ridiculous reactions like this to a steady Eddie/reliable back up player.

He really wouldn't have. He started 10 games last year and got a whopping 334yards and 1 TD. No wonder the Colts moved on

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

It's not a hypothetical.

If you have 20 minutes to run drills you only have so many reps to do it. If Grant is participating in those drills he's taking up the reps that would go to other WRs. How is this a hypothetical? It's not. It's what happens in OTAs, minicamps and camp.

And yes, Gruden favors him. It's why his nickname is "Ryan Gruden"

The only reason Grant’s nickname is Ryan Gruden is because of Scot McCloughan. McCloughan wanted to keep Ross over Grant in 2016 and got but hurt that Gruden won that battle and we kept the more reliable but less explosive Grant. Grant went on to start games for us and Indy while earning a $5 million contract last year and Ross was out of the league not too after we cut him. Now, Ross is trying to prove he deserves another chance right now by playing in the AAF...

I actually did answer you. Quinn and Grant aren't in competition with each other. 

It's Grant vs. Sims, Davis, Ross and the rooks.

PRich, Dox and Quinn are locks.

Whoever he were to beat out clearly isn't ready to be in the NFL is my main point. Are you missing that? 

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

How is he a lock if he got hurt? 

Do you not know how much his position coaches loved him? Did you not see him play? His talent is evident and of the current receivers on the roster, he's in the top 3. So Grant is not competing against him.

I'm semi-seriously thinking youre trolling me now if you're asking me this question about Quinn. 

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

He's a consistent "5". 

And that's great...

Those guys have to produce before you just write them on the roster. Guys like Grant are players you keep around just in case those other don't produce or get hurt. 

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The only reason Grant’s nickname is Ryan Gruden is because of Scot McCloughan. McCloughan wanted to keep Ross over Grant in 2016 and got but hurt that Gruden won that battle and we kept the more reliable but less explosive Grant. Grant went on to start games for us and Indy while earning a $5 million contract last year and Ross was out of the league not too after we cut him. Now, Ross is trying to prove he deserves another chance right now by playing in the AAF...

Yes. Because Grant should not have been kept (whether for Ross or any other receiver). He's a slow WR. But he makes up for it in his lack of hands and his lack of elusiveness. When you don't get reps, you don't get looks. And you don't get a roster spot. It's happened to quite a few people. Including surefire HOFers that ended up on other teams after getting cut as rookies.

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

He really wouldn't have. He started 10 games last year and got a whopping 334yards and 1 TD. No wonder the Colts moved on

Im no rover scientists and don’t pretend to be as smart as a genius such as yourself but, Grant he proven to be more reliable than Floyd and Maurice Harris over the last several years, so yeah, he would have helped us.

We could have used 35 receptions the final 12 games of the season when we had to deal with Crowder & then PRich’s injured.

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Those guys have to produce before you just write them on the roster. Guys like Grant are players you keep around just in case those other don't produce or get hurt. 

And yet, he'll be available in October if that happens. ;)

Just now, turtle28 said:

Im no rover scientists and don’t pretend to be as smart as a genius such as yourself but, Grant he proven to be more reliable than Floyd and Maurice Harris over the last several years, so yeah, he would have helped us.

We could have used 35 receptions the final 12 games of the season when we had to deal with Crowder & then PRich’s injured.

Didn't want Floyd or Harris either so your point is moot. We also could've used Simmie Cobbs then too. But the F.O. played games with him all year.

Archived