Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

Any posters that knock Trey Quinn, we definitely are not going to see eye to eye on this topic. He will be our best wr from the crop we currently have. His route running is so much better than Doctson and Richardson. It doesn't make a hill of beans how tall or fast you are if you can't separate. That's not opinion, that's the truth.

It is very high probability he will lead the team in recieving next season ( which is not saying much). This kid can play 

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You’re right, you don’t blame the WR options when the passing game doesn't work, you’ll just blame the qb bc he's supposed to throw to Wrs who never get open like Doctson.

He's supposed to throw down field. Not consistently throwing 8 yard dump offs. No surprise our passing offense got better and we forced defensive PI by throwing downfield more when the "best deep ball thrower of 2017" went out with injury

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I'm curious how Quinn is just given this #3 spot? I'm also not agreeing to just giving him a spot. 

I literally showed you the current roster. Scroll back and look at the receivers I identified that are on the roster right now. If you had to select ONLY from them today, you're telling me that Quinn would not be on the roster?

That's why I said...right now...Quinn is a lock. The rooks that we might draft might supplant him. But right now, he's a lock.

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Guys we have a lot of preseason fans here lol That's the only time I've seen Quinn or Simms perform.

We also have fans of slow, stone handed, immobile receivers who they think gives us the best chance at mediocrity. Which is what we;ve been under Gruden. Perfectly mediocre. Which is probably why he loves him so much. 

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Because he's the great white hope

Why even go there? Black, White, or Yellow doesn't matter. Talent should be seen regardless of their color. Thaiphoon is right, Ryan Grant isn't much. The whole league knows his ceiling as a player. Nice guy, good teammate. Just not that good of a wr. The Colts have TY and a bunch of guys that are just ok. Grant couldn't even take advantage of that situation 

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

I literally showed you the current roster. Scroll back and look at the receivers I identified that are on the roster right now. If you had to select ONLY from them today, you're telling me that Quinn would not be on the roster?

That's why I said...right now...Quinn is a lock. The rooks that we might draft might supplant him. But right now, he's a lock.

He's a second year guy that has done nothing. Got hurt the 1st game of the year. I need to see him back on the field, make sure he's not injury prone plus, and make sure he can pick up where he left off before just saying he's GUARANTEED to be my slot WR. The draft hasn't even happen yet. Whose to say a better slot guy won't fall or just a overall better WR. Quinn just isn't penciled in my 53 man roster like yours plain and simple.

@Thaiphoon pay attention to my words. I said Grant is ”capable” of getting 45 recs & 4 tds. That's a true statement and he didn't even start every game first month of 2017 bc it was before Pryor got hurt.

I'm not saying he always would do that, but if like to have someone on the roster capable of that rather than Brian Quick and a bunch of guys who don't have receptions or barely do.

The average of all of his seasons doesn't matter, because that's not the point I'm making. I'm saying what he could possibly do if he started 10 games if one of our starters gets hurt again for the 3rd year in a row.

I mean Grant did only start 10 games in Indy last year, got hurt and didn't finish the season. So, essentially he had 35 catches in 10 games. So, in reality his 2018 stats weren't far off from his 2017 stats. If Grant didn't get hurt last year, he may have had a career year with 50 plus receptions and at the least he has around 45 receptions again like in 2017.

4 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

Why even go there? Black, White, or Yellow doesn't matter. Talent should be seen regardless of their color. Thaiphoon is right, Ryan Grant isn't much. The whole league knows his ceiling as a player. Nice guy, good teammate. Just not that good of a wr. The Colts have TY and a bunch of guys that are just ok. Grant couldn't even take advantage of that situation 

Bc it feels that way. Quinn has done nothing in this league yet and the fan base acts like he’s better than Jamison Crowder. The hype he gets is ridiculous consider he's done zippy!

Actually, Grant did take advantage of the situation in Indy, he started 10 games before getting hurt.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

@Thaiphoon pay attention to my words. I said Grant is ”capable” of getting 45 recs & 4 tds. That's a true statement and he didn't even start every game first month of 2017 bc it was before Pryor got hurt.

I'm not saying he always would do that, but if like to have someone on the roster capable of that rather than Brian Quick and a bunch of guys who don't have receptions or barely do.

The average of all of his seasons doesn't matter, because that's not the point I'm making. I'm saying what he could possibly do if he started 10 games if one of our starters gets hurt again for the 3rd year in a row.

I mean Grant did only start 10 games in Indy last year, got hurt and didn't finish the season. So, essentially he had 35 catches in 10 games. So, in reality his 2018 stats weren't far off from his 2017 stats. If Grant didn't get hurt last year, he may have had a career year with 50 plus receptions and at the least he has around 45 receptions again like in 2017.

You literally cherry picked his best season. Just like you did with the "best deep ball thrower of 2017" to tell me that he is "capable of" those #'s. When in fact they are an aberration. If you're okay with the best season he ever had as your definite floor, then I seriously don't know what to tell you. I'd rather see the total production over his career. And it ain't pretty.

35 catches in 10 games? You're seriously okay with that? I'm not. I want to move on from this level of thinking. It's what led to our current mediocrity.

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

He's a second year guy that has done nothing. Got hurt the 1st game of the year. I need to see him back on the field, make sure he's not injury prone plus, and make sure he can pick up where he left off before just saying he's GUARANTEED to be my slot WR. The draft hasn't even happen yet. Whose to say a better slot guy won't fall or just a overall better WR. Quinn just isn't penciled in my 53 man roster like yours plain and simple.

I definitely think Quinn makes the team bc he's replaced Grant as Gruden’s pet in my eyes. That being said, there is no guarantee that Grant is our top option in the slot in September. As you said, we could draft someone in the first 3 rounds who is a better option in the slot than him. 

Hollywood Brown may fall to us in round 2. if that happens, I think Browns starts and then Doctson would be the #3 with Brown moving to the slot when they go 3 wide.

10 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

He's a second year guy that has done nothing. Got hurt the 1st game of the year. I need to see him back on the field, make sure he's not injury prone plus, and make sure he can pick up where he left off before just saying he's GUARANTEED to be my slot WR.

A) You cant see that if you have to spread the reps around

B) He's our only slot receiver right now.

The draft hasn't even happen yet. Whose to say a better slot guy won't fall or just a overall better WR. Quinn just isn't penciled in my 53 man roster like yours plain and simple.

Pay attention this time. I've literally said multiple times the CURRENTLY hes a lock. BUT its possible the draftees supplant him.

Now, you can either keep ignoring me or not. But I'm not playing groundhog day with you if youre not goimg to pay attention to what I write in response.

I definitely think Quinn makes the team bc he's replaced Grant as Gruden’s pet in my eyes. That being said, there is no guarantee that Grant is our top option in the slot in September. As you said, we could draft someone in the first 3 rounds who is a better option in the slot than him. 

Hollywood Brown may fall to us in round 2. if that happens, I think Browns starts and then Doctson would be the #3 with Brown moving to the slot when they go 3 wide.

Gruden might not even have the opportunity to be a pet type coach with his job on the line. IDK. All I know is no one at the WR position should just be penciled in.

Bc it feels that way. Quinn has done nothing in this league yet and the fan base acts like he’s better than Jamison Crowder. The hype he gets is ridiculous consider he's done zippy!

Actually, Grant did take advantage of the situation in Indy, he started 10 games before getting hurt.

It shouldn't feel that way, nobody said he is better than Crowder. Crowder is always hurt. Grant started 10 games and did nothing noteworthy in 10 games. That's just the truth. But to say Great White Hope, your really leaving yourself open for debate. I read alot of post on here where people disagree on players and not once have I seen a favoritism for Quinn because he's white. I want Dwayne Haskins in the draft. This is coming from a white guy that just wants good players. I could give two sh$ts what race they are

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

A) You cant see that if you have to spread the reps around

B) He's our only slot receiver right now.

Pay attention this time. I've literally said multiple times the CURRENTLY hes a lock. BUT its possible the draftees supplant him.

Now, you can either keep ignoring me or not. But I'm not playing groundhog day with you if youre not goimg to pay attention to what I write in response.

So your fine if I get a rookie to take reps away from the ONLY slot guy on the team? 

Archived