3. Mike Mitchell

4. George Iloka

5. Kendrick Lewis

6. Darian Stewart

7. Grover Quinn

8. Kurt Coleman

9. Corey Graham

10. Ron Parker

Or should we stay put with our young safeties to complete for the FS spot and draft a FS prospect?

I'd pass on Mitchell (too inconsistent from year to year) and Berry (given the investment in Collins, I'm not sure we need to go remaining top shelf). The rest? I wouldn't be upset with. I still think they won't because of DRC ... which is wrong, but that's where we are.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

I'd pass on Mitchell (too inconsistent from year to year) and Berry (given the investment in Collins, I'm not sure we need to go remaining top shelf). The rest? I wouldn't be upset with. I still think they won't because of DRC ... which is wrong, but that's where we are.

I just honestly wonder what Berry is going to get. If healthy, he's making what Earl Thomas & Collins makes. Since he's battled cancer & 3 other major injuries in his 9-year career, he isn't going to get it. I think he's going to have to decide between a Ltd that is probably laden with incentives & outs for the teams or a one year prove it deal.

If we get him on a one-year prove it deal then he can teach/help Apke, Nicholson & Everrett develop by teaching them vet tricks. It's could be a win-win.

Round 1 edge rusher worries me, anyone lower in ranking than Brian Burns and its going to be a major reach.

Chase Winovich, Porter Gustin, the kid from ODU, Jachai Polite can all be had later. It's a tough call on this one honestly. I don't have a real good theory on it either.

Ryan Anderson is a tough call too. I know he's a hard worker but he is athletically limited. I think he starts the year at ROLB though regardless.

Brian Burns is athletic but I don't see physicality out of him to be on the field against the run. That worries me.

Polite stunk up the combine really bad but when you watch his tape he can get really low coming around the corner and its rather impressive. If he falls to the 3rd round because of the combine I would pounce all over him. The risk vs value would be worth it 

16 hours ago, Bo Duke said:

Round 1 edge rusher worries me, anyone lower in ranking than Brian Burns and its going to be a major reach.

Chase Winovich, Porter Gustin, the kid from ODU, Jachai Polite can all be had later. It's a tough call on this one honestly. I don't have a real good theory on it either.

Ryan Anderson is a tough call too. I know he's a hard worker but he is athletically limited. I think he starts the year at ROLB though regardless.

Brian Burns is athletic but I don't see physicality out of him to be on the field against the run. That worries me.

Polite stunk up the combine really bad but when you watch his tape he can get really low coming around the corner and its rather impressive. If he falls to the 3rd round because of the combine I would pounce all over him. The risk vs value would be worth it 

I could see us drafting Burns - if available - and Anderson playing on 1st & 2nd downs/short yardage and Burns being a situational pass rusher - like we used Galette in 2017 - as a rookie. If we play a pass-happy team, Burns will play more than Anderson though. So, vs Dal & NYG, Anderson would get more reps, vs Phila, Burns would get more reps.

There's no doubt Burns has to get stronger to be a 1st down & short yardage 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE in the league. I think about 10 lbs to get up to 260 seeing as he’s 6’5.

Preston Smith was 6’5, 270 when we drafted him - which is why I wanted us to move him inside to 3-4 DE & bc of his length, same w/ Murphy - now Smith and Murphy are 265.

Only 20 of the PFT Free Agent Top 100 remain available

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/23/only-20-of-the-pft-free-agent-top-100-remain-available/ via @ProFootballTalk

As of this writing, there are only 20 players remaining from PFT’s Free Agent Top 100. If you want to be technical about it, the franchise-tagged guys are only sort-of available and Raiders tight end Jared Cook still hasn’t signed his anticipated deal with the Saints (though that hasn’t kept him from daydreaming about Drew Brees), but the market is well picked-over.

Only four of the top 50 players remain: No. 23. Rams defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, No. 27. Lions defensive end Ziggy Ansah, No. 40. Packers defensive tackle Muhammad Wilkerson, and No. 44. Chargers defensive lineman Corey Liuget.

I'd love to get Ansah, but I agree with others that we haven't signed an OLB bc we may draft one high in the draft... Again...

I highly doubt we add any more FAs unless someone of value is released, really wished we could of signed boston over cromartie.

If we dont take a QB I think Greedy Williams, Hakeem Butler, Oshane Ximines, and Connor Mcgovern would be my dream draft in rounds 1-3 but dont know if butler or ximines would be there

Im really warming up to the idea of trading for rosen actually but I wouldnt trade our 2nd rounder for him this year. possibly next years i would if that could get it done. We just have a lot of wholes to fill this year and trading this years draft picks away just doesnt seem smart

21 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Shane Ray is visiting the Colts... Why haven't we had him in for a workout? ... Ugh

The Colts also signed Justin Houston who I wanted as well.

Just like with WR, Ryan Anderson shouldn't be handed the ROLB/SLB job

Bruce doesn’t like to spend. Landon Collins was absolutely Snyder getting involved. I think we’re done in free agency. Imagine if Snyder didn’t get involved and all we did was sign Ereck Flowers and a retired DRC lol

I’ve wanted Tre Boston from the beginning. I’m assuming there must be some sort of character/personality issue with him. He was considered kind of “immature” when he was coming out for the draft, and (about to be) 4 teams in 4 seasons points towards a situation where the play doesn’t justify the headache. I’ve never really seen that documented, just trying to connect the dots.

18 hours ago, Bo Duke said:

Chase Winovich, Porter Gustin, the kid from ODU, Jachai Polite can all be had later.

Where do people think Winovich will go? I’m thinking Day 2, but it’s a big difference as to whether we’d have to get him with the 2nd or could grab him up with one of the 3rds. 

I think he’s going to be an effective pass-rusher at the NFL level. The college production and metrics are good, the combine performance backs it up (and then some), and the intangibles are apparently great. 

Getting him in the 3rd would be a coup, but I might still pull the trigger on him in the 2nd if we don’t go with Sweat or Burns in the 1st. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Bruce doesn’t like to spend. Landon Collins was absolutely Snyder getting involved. I think we’re done in free agency. Imagine if Snyder didn’t get involved and all we did was sign Ereck Flowers and a retired DRC lol

Tragic

12 hours ago, e16bball said:

Where do people think Winovich will go? I’m thinking Day 2, but it’s a big difference as to whether we’d have to get him with the 2nd or could grab him up with one of the 3rds. 

I think he’s going to be an effective pass-rusher at the NFL level. The college production and metrics are good, the combine performance backs it up (and then some), and the intangibles are apparently great. 

Getting him in the 3rd would be a coup, but I might still pull the trigger on him in the 2nd if we don’t go with Sweat or Burns in the 1st. 

I think Winovich goes round 2. I wouldn't risk him falling to the 3rd. I think he's a Brooks Reed type pass rusher. Likely a 5 to 10 sack/high effort guy, a poor mans Kerrigan.

Archived