Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bobby816

Last Mock before FA

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Dk's agility stats compared to Julios... since the comparison was made...

DK-

3 cone: 7.38

20 yd shuttle: 4.5

Julio Jones-

3 cone: 6.66

20 ys shuttle: 4.25

Yeaaaa.... not even close in terms of agility.  

 

I won’t deny that. But I will bet a good amount that DK improves in everyone of those categories at his pro day. He’s a physical specimen and has acknowledged that he wants to get better at those areas post combine. And quite frankly i don’t expect him to get to Julio’s numbers. But to improve his. But he has just as good of hands of not better than Julio. Is bigger. Has a bigger catch radius. And contrary to what some think. Is a good route runner. Watch his drills at the combine and he’s smooth out of his breaks. And he himself said he wants to get even better. Like I stated 50/50 balls aren’t 50/50 when throwing to him. Based on his size alone he has a bigger advantage then pretty much anyone you can name. Theror needing that Edelman type quickness isn’t needed for him. He catches the ball great in traffic which only helps. I think he will be very high on our board if we get 2 edges in FA. Bc to add 2 edges AND draft an edge isn’t building a team the right way. Macc himself has said offense and adding weapons is a priority. So I don’t expect a RB and Moncrief to be all that we add. A valuable pick will be used on a guy IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it outside of DK at 3, would be fine with him in a trade down but with how our FO likes to draft we won’t pick a positional need over the superior talent. We take needs in the 2nd-4th and then take guys who might have a trait or 2 we like in the later rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr.O said:

I like it outside of DK at 3, would be fine with him in a trade down but with how our FO likes to draft we won’t pick a positional need over the superior talent. We take needs in the 2nd-4th and then take guys who might have a trait or 2 we like in the later rounds.

I don’t disagree with that. But Macc’s job is on the line and WR can’t be upgraded much in FA. Making it one of our only big needs post this FA I have. So that’s why I have ya choosing DK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

double post

Edited by Dr.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 8:39 PM, Bobby816 said:

I don’t disagree with that. But Macc’s job is on the line and WR can’t be upgraded much in FA. Making it one of our only big needs post this FA I have. So that’s why I have ya choosing DK.

I can see DK, just not at 3.  I just think if DK is a target Macc will find a way to trade back.  If Murray goes 1 that means potentially Haskins, Bosa, Allen Q, Oliver, Sweat will be sitting there at 3 .... gotta think someone team will be interested enough to move up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

I can see DK, just not at 3.  I just think if DK is a target Macc will find a way to trade back.  If Murray goes 1 that means potentially Haskins, Bosa, Allen Q, Oliver, Sweat will be sitting there at 3 .... gotta think someone team will be interested enough to move up. 

Im all for trading back. In this mock... I foresee us having an issue trading back (I hope I’m wrong). Ideally we can trade back for a team wanting Haskins, Q or Allen maybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If the Jets draft a WR at 3, I so quit on this team. That would be stupid. Trade back, collect picks, draft a WR in round 2 or 3 if need be. I think teams looking to trade up will be the Giants, Jax (even if they sign Foles), Dolphins, Broncos and Redskins.

Edited by JaredB7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know you hate the idea of taking a defensive player at 3, but picking Metcalf at 3... no. I'm not saying he can't be the next Josh Gordon on the field, but I also recognize that he's a big risk as well. He has too high of bust potential for me to feel comfortable at 3. Between the injuries, lack of production, AND his beyond poor 3-cone and short shuttle times... tells me he could be a vertical threat who you throw the ball up to, allowing him to win the contested battles. We already have a receiver like that in Robby Anderson. 

Dangle the pick and move down to 6, 7, 8 then I'd say take the risk; even if you over-draft him you're doing so in a draft that's has more beef in the 2nd day, and adding a pick would be the big score. But at 3... no no no. 

To put a cherry on top, you used the one word that is draft-blasphemy: NEED. 

Everything else makes sense, but again, stop worrying so much about reaching on an offensive player to fit a narrative. If we're sitting at 3 and can't trade down, you're taking a DL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone gonna change their tune once DK reruns the agility drills at his pro day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Everyone gonna change their tune once DK reruns the agility drills at his pro day.

Still wouldn't take him at 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Everyone gonna change their tune once DK reruns the agility drills at his pro day.

He slipped on his 3 cone and everyone’s judging him in his time. Not at all saying he will light it up. But at his pro day I feel he silences his critics on agility. Which is apparently every jet fan besides me and you on this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He slipped on his 3 cone and everyone’s judging him in his time. Not at all saying he will light it up. But at his pro day I feel he silences his critics on agility. Which is apparently every jet fan besides me and you on this forum.

I wanna defend him too, but slipping on his 3 cone doesn't explain his shuttle which was also horrific.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I wanna defend him too, but slipping on his 3 cone doesn't explain his shuttle which was also horrific.  

My defense is he’s 6’3.5” 230lbs of solid muscle is fast, has great hands and has “enough” quickness. What some want out of him is a fake creature. Guys at that size, with that speed, strength, hands aren’t going to have a top agility. Doesn’t mean he can’t be great. Only thing that worried me was his health and oddly speed. He silenced both. I don’t need a 6’3.5” WR running like he’s 5’8” 175lbs agility wise. Lob the ball up and tells me who wins that battle. The quick guy winning the 3 cone drill or DK?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My defense is he’s 6’3.5” 230lbs of solid muscle is fast, has great hands and has “enough” quickness. What some want out of him is a fake creature. Guys at that size, with that speed, strength, hands aren’t going to have a top agility. Doesn’t mean he can’t be great. Only thing that worried me was his health and oddly speed. He silenced both. I don’t need a 6’3.5” WR running like he’s 5’8” 175lbs agility wise. Lob the ball up and tells me who wins that battle. The quick guy winning the 3 cone drill or DK?

I like DK but there are large receivers who have elite agility stats.  Julio's agility numbers were insane.  Dude ran a 6.66 3 cone.  AJ Green ran a 6.91 3 cone.  Mike Evans who is huge rana 7.08 3 cone.  Michael Thomas ran a 6.8 3 cone.  I am just saying i really hope he cleans it up at his pro day.  And his agility's don't mean he won't be good, but it can limit some of the things he can do on the field.  The more he can do the more dangerous he can be.  I do think people are overblowing it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×