Vontaze Burfict facing five game suspension

Dome

2 hours ago, OleXmad said:

Still doesn't take away the fact the player was nowhere near the football and it was an unnecessary hit. 

Sigh...You're a Ravens fan, do you honestly think your defensive players are all angels that never hit anyone unnecessarily?  Do I need to find gifs of other 'unnecessary' hits from this preseason that hasn't resulted in any suspensions at all?  As I said earlier, I'm perfectly fine if the NFL wanted to suspend Burfict for more games than other people for similar offenses. The fact that other players are taking unnecessary hits and getting zero games and Burfict is getting 3 games is stupid...

12 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Sigh...You're a Ravens fan, do you honestly think your defensive players are all angels that never hit anyone unnecessarily?  Do I need to find gifs of other 'unnecessary' hits from this preseason that hasn't resulted in any suspensions at all?  As I said earlier, I'm perfectly fine if the NFL wanted to suspend Burfict for more games than other people for similar offenses. The fact that other players are taking unnecessary hits and getting zero games and Burfict is getting 3 games is stupid...

Justice isn't always certain, which is unfair and unfortunate. Doesn't make it less just when someone gets caught, though.

But do you honestly think that Burfict is going to get the benefit of the doubt after an ambiguous hit (which is what I'll call this one, going by this thread alone)? For all we know, the league has a microscope on him because of his past, which is why he's getting picked up and others aren't - still not unfair, if you ask me. A known-dirty player doesn't deserve any leniency.

4 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Justice isn't always certain, which is unfair and unfortunate. 

But do you honestly think that Burfict is going to get the benefit of the doubt after an ambiguous hit (which is what I'll call this one, going by this thread alone)? For all we know, the league has a microscope on him because of his past, which is why he's getting picked up and others aren't - still not unfair, if you ask me. A known-dirty player doesn't deserve any leniency.

Just ticks me off.  Noah Brown blows up a kicker in another preseason game with a blatant cheapshot, does he get suspended for 1 game even?  No.

Was watching a replay of the Steelers-Colts game at a bar a little while ago.  Saw Bud Dupree hit a Colts TE after the play was over for no reason other than to just hit him. No flag, no fine, no suspension.  Colts TE even went up him to after the play with a 'wth' look.  Just ticks me off when fans and the NFL act like it's Burfict and no one else.

I'm fine with admiting that Burfict is a dirty player, and I said he deserved fines/suspensions for the AB hit, Maxx Williams hit was cheap as well, ankle twisting, etc...  This one though was straight BS...

33 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Hell no. Every defense has it's fair share of dirty plays, and players should be rightfully punished/fined/suspended. (Good luck getting that right NFL) I'll admit the ravens have their fair share of dirty players/dirty plays as well. 

There's no way they can suspend every single defender for every unnecessary hit but they do need to find the right balance of suspending/fining/punishing players so defenders don't cause unnecessary injuries. 

But we all know the NFL and that's never gonna happen, they'll screw it up for quite a while to come.

55 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Just ticks me off.  Noah Brown blows up a kicker in another preseason game with a blatant cheapshot, does he get suspended for 1 game even?  No.

Was watching a replay of the Steelers-Colts game at a bar a little while ago.  Saw Bud Dupree hit a Colts TE after the play was over for no reason other than to just hit him. No flag, no fine, no suspension.  Colts TE even went up him to after the play with a 'wth' look.  Just ticks me off when fans and the NFL act like it's Burfict and no one else.

I'm fine with admiting that Burfict is a dirty player, and I said he deserved fines/suspensions for the AB hit, Maxx Williams hit was cheap as well, ankle twisting, etc...  This one though was straight BS...

come on man.....that's just stealer foootbaawwllll... 

28 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Hell no. Every defense has it's fair share of dirty plays, and players should be rightfully punished/fined/suspended. (Good luck getting that right NFL) I'll admit the ravens have their fair share of dirty players/dirty plays as well. 

There's no way they can suspend every single defender for every unnecessary hit but they do need to find the right balance of suspending/fining/punishing players so defenders don't cause unnecessary injuries. 

But we all know the NFL and that's never gonna happen, they'll screw it up for quite a while to come.

I'll leave it with this.  I want to know how you would judge the NFL's decision to reduce it, but not rescind it.  In essence, I believe they either had to stick with 5 games as he was a repeat offender and had already been suspended three games or let it go.    If they deem it to be legal, there should be zero games missed.  So what this says to me is, the NFL is saying "the hit was legal, but you are Vontaze Burfict and still playing for the Bengals, so you get three games anyway.  because we said so".  That's wrong on so many levels.  Granted, it was before this sudden crackdown, but how many total games di Suh miss for all three of his infamous stomps, including one on the Dallas player's head with no helmet (Gerode)?   One.  Exactly one game.  One was reduced from two to one game for that episode, and the stomp on Rogers drew a fine.

Archived