How i see the top 35 going... (NO TRADES)

OG_C2X

1. Arizona Cardinals - Q. Williams DE - Alabama
2. San Francisco - J. Bosa DE - Ohio State.
3. New York Jets - J. Allen OLB - Kentucky
4. Oakland Raiders - D. White LB - LSU
5. Tampa Bay Bucs - E. Oliver DT - Houston
6. New York Giants - D. Haskins QB - Ohio State.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars - D. Metcalf WR - Ole Miss
8. Detroit Lions - R. Gary DE - Michigan
9. Buffalo Bills - C. Wilkins DT - Clemson
10. Denver Broncos - D. Lock QB - Missouri
11. Cincinnati Bengals - N. Fant TE - Iowa
12. Green Bay Packers - C. Ford OG - Oklahoma
13. Miami Dolphins - D. Jones QB - Duke
14. Atlanta Falcons - B. Burns DE - Florida State.
15. Washington Redskins - K. Murray QB - Oklahoma
16. Carolina Panthers - J. Williams OL - Alabama
17. New York Giants - A. Brown WR - Ole Miss
18. Minnesota Vikings - J. Taylor OT - Florida
19. Tennessee Titans - M. Sweat OLB - Mississippi State.
20. Pittsburgh Steelers - D. Bush LB - Michigan
21. Seattle Seahawks - G. Williams CB - LSU
22. Baltimore Ravens - J. Jacobs RB - Alabama
23. Houston Texans - G. Little OT - Ole Miss
24. Oakland Raiders - C. Ferrell DE - Clemson
25. Philadelphia Eagles - M. Brown WR - Oklahoma
26. Indianapolis Colts - D. Baker CB - Georgia
27. Oakland Raiders - T. Hockenson TE - Iowa
28. Los Angeles Chargers - D. Jones DT - Ohio State
29. Kansas City Chiefs - J. Polite OLB - Florida
30. Green Bay Packers - N. Harry WR - ASU
31. Los Angeles Rams - D. Lawerence DT - Clemson
32. New England Patriots - J. Simmons DT - Mississippi State

33. Arizona Cardinals- N. Adderly FS (Delaware State)
34. Indianapolis Colts - Z. Allen DT - Boston College
35. Oakland Raiders - T. Mullen CB - Clemson

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

White just doesn't scream to me as top 5 pick worthy. Love him as a prospect but off ball LBer's value wise worry me there.I'd prefer to address DE/DT rather than MLB that high imo.

Yeah rather have sweat there

Sweat could end up a bust and could easily end up the best DE in this draft class.  White is close to a sure thing and has very high ceiling also but plays a position with less value.  If the top 3 go that way with out trading we are probably in a no win situation since value wise we are the first to pick in a large group of players that should be very close in draft position.  If one of them turns out to be a stud we will always look back and say player a is really good but we could have traded back and still got player b and player c later on.  The only way we win is to take the clear cut #4 player who becomes the face of our defense.  Both Sweat and White have that ability but I would go with White.

On 19/03/2019 at 10:37 PM, OG_C2X said:

I want NOTHING to do with Sweat.

Why specifically? Is there some huge red flag I'm not aware of?

From what I've seen he strikes me as exactly the type of player we need to man one DE spot...........

On 20/03/2019 at 6:35 AM, drfrey13 said:

Sweat could end up a bust and could easily end up the best DE in this draft class.  White is close to a sure thing and has very high ceiling also but plays a position with less value.  If the top 3 go that way with out trading we are probably in a no win situation since value wise we are the first to pick in a large group of players that should be very close in draft position.  If one of them turns out to be a stud we will always look back and say player a is really good but we could have traded back and still got player b and player c later on.  The only way we win is to take the clear cut #4 player who becomes the face of our defense.  Both Sweat and White have that ability but I would go with White.

Not sure I agree with this, If anything I'd say the other way round.

White has huge potential but his football IQ and diagnosing plays must get better or he'll be Aaron Curry, I do like him as a prospect now that we have a genuine DC on board and if he can improve his feel for the game and eradicate the false steps and over pursuit then he'll be special.

Sweat I feel has the motor, physical tools and technique to at minimum be a good starting DE who is a solid run stopper and 7-8 sack guy. If he can refine his pass rush moves and polish his hand technique I feel he could be a perennial Pro Bowl type DE who has no real weaknesses. I think there are only 2 sure things in this draft, Bosa and Williams maybe Risner.

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

From what I've seen he strikes me as exactly the type of player we need to man one DE spot...........

I think he is an athelete not a football player. His athleticism doesnt translate to with pads on. He stands straight up instead of shooting out of his stance. His first step is insanely slow. He is TOO LONG. 

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Not sure I agree with this, If anything I'd say the other way round.

White has huge potential but his football IQ and diagnosing plays must get better or he'll be Aaron Curry, I do like him as a prospect now that we have a genuine DC on board and if he can improve his feel for the game and eradicate the false steps and over pursuit then he'll be special.

Sweat I feel has the motor, physical tools and technique to at minimum be a good starting DE who is a solid run stopper and 7-8 sack guy. If he can refine his pass rush moves and polish his hand technique I feel he could be a perennial Pro Bowl type DE who has no real weaknesses. I think there are only 2 sure things in this draft, Bosa and Williams maybe Risner.

Sweat needs to fill out that frame.  His center of gravity is to high and NFL tackles are going to have their way with him.  This has not been exposed because he is so long and athletic but once an good NFL tackle gets a hold of him he will get destroyed.  I really like Sweat and would love him even we traded back a couple spots.  If he had 20 extra pounds on his lower half he might be the #1 DL prospect.  The weight could make him faster, quicker, and more powerful.  Kind of ridiculous considering he is that athletic already.  

18 hours ago, OG_C2X said:
23 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I think he is an athelete not a football player. His athleticism doesnt translate to with pads on. He stands straight up instead of shooting out of his stance. His first step is insanely slow. He is TOO LONG. 

I'm surprised that you say this as what I saw was a guy who was a very polished run defender who plays with good leverage against tackles (not just TEs who he dominates), very aware of his surroundings peeling off blocks to make the tackle and sets the edge effectively, he can anchor down pretty well IMO and when he adds a little sand to his pants he'll be just fine which he will as he matures. I'm very surprised you say his first step is slow, I saw him being quick off the snap and despite having a very long stride I thought he was above average. If you'd said about his bend or flexibility or coverage skills then I'd probably agree.

I agree with a lot of what you post normally OG_C2X but it's like we're watching different prospects here! We'll just have to agree to disagree :)

18 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Sweat needs to fill out that frame.  His center of gravity is to high and NFL tackles are going to have their way with him.  This has not been exposed because he is so long and athletic but once an good NFL tackle gets a hold of him he will get destroyed.  I really like Sweat and would love him even we traded back a couple spots.  If he had 20 extra pounds on his lower half he might be the #1 DL prospect.  The weight could make him faster, quicker, and more powerful.  Kind of ridiculous considering he is that athletic already.  

Don't disagree with some of this, but as all draft picks are projections I kind of think he'll naturally bulk out as he matures and will improve his anchor and leverage - though I do think it's very good compared to some of the other pass rushers in this class like Burns, Polite etc. and is not a weakness. I was careful to watch full games and not just highlights and felt he could hold the PoA in the NFL with a little coaching and he'll bring pass rush immediately.

Archived