RUMOR: 49ers Rams to Open 2020 Season in China

N4L

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Generally speaking, I don't get jet lagged at all. LIS, this was largely due to me not sleeping on the plane. By the time we had landed, I had been up about 18 hours, so my body clock was "bedtime", but it was like noon or 1pm or something when we landed, so I had to stay up, dead to the world, until it was a more reasonable hour where I knew I was going to sleep through the night and be back on a normal schedule the following day. 

That's a very long flight to be looking out the window at absolutely nothing. That flight is long enough for a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream. Bet you got incepted, you just didn't realize it. Good trick making you think you didn't sleep at all. 

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

I gave up reading comprehension for Lent.

Thank you for this. This is a significant improvement. 

No, you were right the first time. Don't worry, we will still have half our team on the IR next season and our two biggest FA signings will be injury prone players. All you were doing is predicting the future. 

14 hours ago, Forge said:

Generally speaking, I don't get jet lagged at all. LIS, this was largely due to me not sleeping on the plane. By the time we had landed, I had been up about 18 hours, so my body clock was "bedtime", but it was like noon or 1pm or something when we landed, so I had to stay up, dead to the world, until it was a more reasonable hour where I knew I was going to sleep through the night and be back on a normal schedule the following day. 

I do believe that would qualify as "jet lag". xD

Someone in the news forum made a great point. Not sure how this could possibly be the opening game to the season considering the time change. They are 15 hours ahead. So 5:30pm Thursday start would really be 8:30am Friday in China. That's not gonna work. 

Even Sunday at 10am is 3am on Monday 

When they play in London they start the games at 6am PST and that would be 9pm in China, but that would be an infuriating time slot for two west coast teams 

The poster suggested 11am in China which would be 8pm here. I guess that's the only time that would work but the NFL would need to have two games that night because that's 11pm for the east coast. 

16 hours ago, N4L said:

Someone in the news forum made a great point. Not sure how this could possibly be the opening game to the season considering the time change. They are 15 hours ahead. So 5:30pm Thursday start would really be 8:30am Friday in China. That's not gonna work. 

Even Sunday at 10am is 3am on Monday 

When they play in London they start the games at 6am PST and that would be 9pm in China, but that would be an infuriating time slot for two west coast teams 

The poster suggested 11am in China which would be 8pm here. I guess that's the only time that would work but the NFL would need to have two games that night because that's 11pm for the east coast. 

Which probably means a Monday Night game...and a short week. 9ers may get hosed in so many ways: losing a home game, short week or an early bye (which I REALLY dislike).

John Middlekauf of the Athletic speculates that the Niner's took this deal to avoid being on Hard Knocks. If that's the case, I think it's a bad decision. 

Giving away a home game to play in China affects the team on the field DIRECTLY. Being on hard knocks is much more of an imaginative boogie man. Given how tight everyone says our locker room and FO is, I can't imagine any drama being caused by being on Hard Knocks. Not to mention, I would love to watch a Hard Knocks on the Niners. 

On 3/27/2019 at 4:27 AM, Chrissooner49er said:

My sister just returned from China this last week. I'll ask her how long it took her and her sons to recuperate.

I think the word you are looking for is "acclimated"? 

I travel from Macau to the USA sometimes. Back to the west coast. After a 12-14 hour trip, it does take me a couple of days at least to shake off the jet lag. 

If the 49ers do play in China, I would think about going myself. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived