Jump to content
MIKEWISNER

Why Someone Would Make Such A Mistake?

Recommended Posts

PurpleLion    4

450 murders is around 125 more than Baltimore. Zero murders are only acceptable. Do the math on what the percentage rate might be and because history has shown that I'm not great at math.

Edited by PurpleLion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iPwn    345
20 minutes ago, PurpleLion said:

Falling out of bed accidental, murdered intentional and tells me that something unusual is happening there vs many other areas. This not even mentioning the number of other crimes in the area. All of this will contribute to an area that's very much dangerous and not saying that Baltimore is the utopia either.

We’re talking about deaths. 450 is 450, after all. Falling out of bed is completely preventable. All you need is some rails on the edge of the bed. So where’s the outcry? Is falling out of bed just as dangerous as murder in Chicago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PurpleLion    4
15 minutes ago, iPwn said:

We’re talking about deaths. 450 is 450, after all. Falling out of bed is completely preventable. All you need is some rails on the edge of the bed. So where’s the outcry? Is falling out of bed just as dangerous as murder in Chicago?

Intentional deaths are murders and that means that one human being killed another human being. The human being and his or her active choice to murder somebody. Usually for purposes which are selfish and based on valuing what is not worth valuing in life. Furthermore the specific act of the murder puts other citizens in danger. The unchanged mentality of the murderer means that he or she might be likely to repeat or attempt that action or similar again. Especially if they are not caught and breeds more people having the same mentality. We are talking about a difference of crimes which are against society and involve an active perpetrator against another human being who was previously alive. Falling out of bed has variables and they are almost exclusively that own person's fault. In fact falling out of bed only involves that person unless it was a murder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iPwn    345
18 minutes ago, PurpleLion said:

Furthermore the specific act of the murder puts other citizens in danger. The unchanged mentality of the murderer means that he or she might be likely to repeat or attempt that action or similar again. Especially if they are not caught and breeds more people having the same mentality. We are talking about a difference of crimes which are against society and involve an active perpetrator against another human being who was previously alive.

Literally all of this is already factored in the 450 people being murdered. Repeat murderers don’t only get counted once and never again, they get counted for every murder they commit. New murderers all get added into the number of murders committed. Murderers bred from seeing murderers are all in that stat. None of that means anything outside of the number already there.

We’re talking about 450 avoidable deaths vs 450 avoidable deaths. It doesn’t matter how they died. They’re dead and they shouldn’t be. Because something happened that shouldn’t have happened. Bed rails would cost like $10 to manufacture onto every bed frame. $10 to save a life, and you’re trivializing it. Shouldn’t bed manufacturers just put rails on beds to prevent this extremely dangerous thing from taking lives? I mean this is just as dangerous as the crime in Chicago that gets press everywhere, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PurpleLion    4
30 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Literally all of this is already factored in the 450 people being murdered. Repeat murderers don’t only get counted once and never again, they get counted for every murder they commit. New murderers all get added into the number of murders committed. Murderers bred from seeing murderers are all in that stat. None of that means anything outside of the number already there.

We’re talking about 450 avoidable deaths vs 450 avoidable deaths. It doesn’t matter how they died. They’re dead and they shouldn’t be. Because something happened that shouldn’t have happened. Bed rails would cost like $10 to manufacture onto every bed frame. $10 to save a life, and you’re trivializing it. Shouldn’t bed manufacturers just put rails on beds to prevent this extremely dangerous thing from taking lives? I mean this is just as dangerous as the crime in Chicago that gets press everywhere, right?

A person who falls out of bed makes their own decision to buy beds without rails and dies based on whichever cause of their own making. People who are murdered do not have that similar control to prevent from being murdered. There's not a present danger or any another person who's imvolved with the death. Beds without rails and a drunk person separately or together often get along fine regardless of the area they are living until somebody dies because of their own doing. Murdered people usually do not have that similar control to prevent from being murdered and thus are victims of something that's specifically labeled as being criminal violent. It's about protecting the greater whole of society from someone or something of which they have not much control of like being murdered. All of the beds without rails remain sitting in bedrooms everywhere and the only risk of death being for the person who actively decides to lie in that bed.

Edited by PurpleLion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PurpleLion    4

Furthermore beds without any rails are safe for people to sleep within, people living in or around big cities like Chicago aren't as safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cddolphin    184
1 minute ago, PurpleLion said:

I didn't write that quote!

My bad, I highlighted his quote within your post and it credited it to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PurpleLion    4
2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

My bad, I highlighted his quote within your post and it credited it to you.

No biggie and we have being going back or forth for like 5 hours now. Difficult keeping up with the context sometimes. You did like one of my own comments about films and all is surely forgiven.😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iPwn    345
1 hour ago, PurpleLion said:

Furthermore beds without any rails are safe for people to sleep within, people living in or around big cities like Chicago aren't as safe.

Based on what? They’re killing the same number of people. How is one thing that kills 450 people safer than another thing that kills 450 people?

I know the answer, and you know the answer, so go ahead and say it so we can end this silly argument that per capita numbers don’t matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stallyns    45

I had to wear a sweater at work in the summer one time because I wore a shirt with a four lettered word on the back. See Stabbing Westward 'Save Yourself' lyrics for the answer. Yes that was at least 10 years ago.  Luckily for me we now have to wear safety vests so if I still had that shirt the vest would cover it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PurpleLion    4
7 hours ago, iPwn said:

Based on what? They’re killing the same number of people. How is one thing that kills 450 people safer than another thing that kills 450 people?

I know the answer, and you know the answer, so go ahead and say it so we can end this silly argument that per capita numbers don’t matter.

I'd been kind of certain that you were playing along with me, that I've been allowing you to play along and that we are really in agreement. Maybe possible now that you think what you are saying is true. Well then continue in the same line as before. You're using the word kills very loosely and far as I know, beds without rails have not ever actually killed somebody. Kind of the same thought as the guns do not kill and people kill argument. In that situation, both contentions are incorrect because one downplays the human element and another contends that either people do not have any free will or they are in fact idiots. All per capita statistics do matter greatly, however not for any actual or logical gauge of whether a certain area is more dangerous than another. They exist for political parties, politicians, press, those who have got a truly inherant self interest and too many interest groups. Maybe not the answer that you wanted, sometimes the correct answers are not palatable and sometimes truth isn't either.

Edited by PurpleLion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PurpleLion said:

analytical math nonsense

The technical term for this is "fraction". If you need more background, check in with your local elementary school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PurpleLion    4
38 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The technical term for this is "fraction". If you need more background, check in with your local elementary school.

Appreciate the clarification and yes analytical math fraction nonsense seems more appropriate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×