Trade the 12th pick?

James Lofton

12 for 24, 27, 35 is a trade you make *if*

- the board is completely decimated at 12 and there is no one else you would take in the current tier.
-the board is very healthy and there are several players you would take from the current tier.

Either way I think you look to move back up when the tier including "players you would want" gets low.  But 24, 27, 30, 35, 44 is a lot of ammo to move into the late teens.

1 hour ago, Jaegybomb said:

Team needs lists Cincy at 11s biggest need as LB so White maybe? Den probably takes a 4th if they think they get their guy anyway.

Hope White is off our board tbh. We have Jones already. White has the same problems and lb is not a premium position. Uber athletic but is very slow to react. Those are my least favorite Packer busts. Hopefully Jones can figure it out.

Guys I wouldn't trade from 12 for no matter the price: Bosa, Williams, Allen, and Oliver.

Guys the deal would have to be pretty good to move: Gary, Sweat, Burns............ I"m not sold on any of them so I could be persuaded. Otherwise, if the deal is right I'd move down for an additional 2nd 5 or 6 spots. I'd move down to 24 but the Raiders would have to package 27 with it. Which means they'd have to be desperate to get a certain player. 

52 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

12 for 24, 27, 35 is a trade you make *if*

- the board is completely decimated at 12 and there is no one else you would take in the current tier.
-the board is very healthy and there are several players you would take from the current tier.

Either way I think you look to move back up when the tier including "players you would want" gets low.  But 24, 27, 30, 35, 44 is a lot of ammo to move into the late teens.

You make that trade almost no matter what and you hope you get the ticket in before Gruden comes down from whatever he's on and screams rape and the police show up. 

Point chart is 1970 for 1200. That ammo gets them almost up to the 3rd pick. 

15 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Hope White is off our board tbh. We have Jones already. White has the same problems and lb is not a premium position. Uber athletic but is very slow to react. Those are my least favorite Packer busts. Hopefully Jones can figure it out.

He was a RB recruit and is just beginning to learn the position but don't lump him in with an incredibly undersized bust that has been given ample opportunity to learn and can't.

25 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

He was a RB recruit and is just beginning to learn the position but don't lump him in with an incredibly undersized bust that has been given ample opportunity to learn and can't.

Some can't see it on the field. It's not a personal knock and I have some hope with Jones, but you could see his problems in college as with White. White is not a top 20 prospect. He's a top twenty athlete. And at a non premium position. 

Sure, some can't see it but he's already miles ahead of anyone else picking up the position as soon as he has and there is every reason to believe he can too. He's a project, a projection but the upside is insane and unlike Metcalf it's at a position where raw talent converts on the field more often than not making him easily a top 10 pick.

11 hours ago, James Lofton said:

Do you think there may be a team that wants to jump in front of Miami (trade for our spot) and snag a quarterback?

There will absolutely be a team that wants to, but the offer has to greatly outdo whatever player we think we’re getting at 12. I sincerely wonder how many trade offers get floated for top 15 picks on an average year. It’s gotta be a ton, just most are rejected. 

I, myself, don’t even like to think about trades until I see who’s left on the board. Would I like to trade down? Well, not if Ed Oliver is there. If he’s not? Then sure

5 hours ago, Jaegybomb said:

How is Josh Jones incredibly undersized? Ignoring his play on the field, I don't think his size is an issue. 

Archived