Trade the 12th pick?

James Lofton

13 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

So you're saying you'd rather take projects instead of highly rated players?  How has that turned out the past 4 years taking projects in the 1st few rounds the last 4 years?  The solid players/picks; Clark Alexander have produced ... the projects not so hot. Jake Ryan and Jamal Williams have produced a heck of a lot more than Randall, Rollins, Spriggs, Jones, Adams and even King who can't stay healthy.  You go ahead and take your projects and hope/pray they become players;  I'll stay with 1st and 2nd rounders who produce.

No, and what you're doing is creating a straw man argument, and not even intelligently.

You can tell, because you started your very first statement with, "So you're saying"

Never in the history of the internet has the phrase, "So you're saying" been followed by a genuine attempt to restate and understand the original point.

No ******* **** you'd rather have high rated prospects than projects. There might be 10 players in a good class you can comfortably project into your system without significant technique and physical development. 

If you can grab one of those guys, no **** you draft them. That isn't the comparison though. The comparison is guys with higher ceilings versus higher floors. 

Also, How were Clark, a 20 year old NT with no pass rushing moves, and Alexander, a guy with one real season of college ball, not projects.

But Spriggs, who was a 4 year starter, was a project? 

Just because a guy performs well early on doesn't mean he didn't need that skill development. 

You're not evaluating these players honestly if those are the distinctions your making

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No, and what you're doing is creating a straw man argument, and not even intelligently.

You can tell, because you started your very first statement with, "So you're saying"

Never in the history of the internet has the phrase, "So you're saying" been followed by a genuine attempt to restate and understand the original point.

No ******* **** you'd rather have high rated prospects than projects. There might be 10 players in a good class you can comfortably project into your system without significant technique and physical development. 

If you can grab one of those guys, no **** you draft them. That isn't the comparison though. The comparison is guys with higher ceilings versus higher floors. 

Also, How were Clark, a 20 year old NT with no pass rushing moves, and Alexander, a guy with one real season of college ball, not projects.

But Spriggs, who was a 4 year starter, was a project? 

Just because a guy performs well early on doesn't mean he didn't need that skill development. 

You're not evaluating these players honestly if those are the distinctions your making

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill.  I stated  I preferred taking quality players in early rounds over projects who need years to even come close to helping the team.  No where did I mention higher ceilings versus higher floors; that's your take.  Your thought process on this wasn't even c lose to where I was coming from on this.  Get some sleep.

9 hours ago, coachbuns said:

So you're saying you'd rather take projects instead of highly rated players?  How has that turned out the past 4 years taking projects in the 1st few rounds the last 4 years?  The solid players/picks; Clark Alexander have produced ... the projects not so hot. Jake Ryan and Jamal Williams have produced a heck of a lot more than Randall, Rollins, Spriggs, Jones, Adams and even King who can't stay healthy.  You go ahead and take your projects and hope/pray they become players;  I'll stay with 1st and 2nd rounders who produce.

Take a look at the busts in those drafts.

We pick low....so we gotta go with the projects. No choice really. This year seems like there are very few ready to go. That would be Hock, Bush, Bosa, and a handful of others.

31 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill.  I stated  I preferred taking quality players in early rounds over projects who need years to even come close to helping the team.  No where did I mention higher ceilings versus higher floors; that's your take.  Your thought process on this wasn't even c lose to where I was coming from on this.  Get some sleep.

Bold take. Have you emailed it to Gutekunst?

7 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Ted and I used to chat via Morse Code all the time. Good times.

:)

I didnt own a cell at the time....but I remember when you had to "text" by hitting the character button based on the letters position on the key. An unbelievable waste of time IMO......but people still did it.  The urge to communicate.....will not be denied!

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

I didnt own a cell at the time....but I remember when you had to "text" by hitting the character button based on the letters position on the key. An unbelievable waste of time IMO......but people still did it.  The urge to communicate.....will not be denied!

I laughed. Hi Dad

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Other than "Be there in 5" or "Did you get my dikpik" I still hate the texting idea.

Just now, Leader said:
3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I laughed. Hi Dad

Junior.....it's you!
I thought when I put you in the adoption home I'd never hear from you again! :)

holy **** lol post like this more

15 hours ago, Leader said:

NFL . Com  -  3/28 Mock Draft (Four Rounds)

12 - T.J. Hockenson - TE
It's a coin flip whether the Packers take Ed Oliver or Hockenson here, but in this scenario, Green Bay gets a receiving threat for Aaron Rodgers and a fierce blocker for the run game.(Btw - they have Oliver going @ 13 to BUF. Burns @ 19 to TN).

30 - Johnathan Abram - S
After addressing an offensive need with the 12th pick, the Packers find a leader for the secondary in Abram. (I'm not buying this pick at all. Abram's is the first Safety off the board???????????? Not happening. Adderley @ 36 to SF. CGJ @ 38 to JAX).

44 - Kaleb McGary - OT
Right tackle Bryan Bulaga's future with the Packers is in doubt due to injuries that have limited him to just two 16-game seasons in nine years. McGary will be a solid starter for the Packers whenever he takes over the starting gig.

75 - Zach Allen - DE
Allen is a powerful 5-technique prospect who could make things easier for the Packers after the 2019 season if Mike Daniels departs as a free agent.

114 - Anthony Johnson - WR
Though the Packers selected three receivers in last year's draft, they will look for value at the position this year, as well. Johnson's strong routes and hands make him a valued middle-round pick.

118 - Trayveon Williams - RB
Williams will be a fine addition to the Packers' backfield, which may need depth if Aaron Jones struggles with knee injuries again in 2019.

My take: :S

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024599/article/fourround-2019-nfl-mock-draft-raiders-fins-trade-up-for-qbs

Archived