Trade the 12th pick?

James Lofton

8 hours ago, Leader said:

Yes. Trolling. I posted the Packer info. If I'd wanted to post every teams pick for all four rounds, I'd have posted it in the NFL section. Again. Quit trolling my comments. I dont need an "Editor"  - you're not a Moderator - and we've already had the "posting the link" discussion multiple times already.

It is a little odd tho.  You take the time to copy/paste Green Bay’s participation among 32 other teams yet the thought of posting the link is somehow asking too much.  I think ppl are just bewildered by you taking umbrage with  something that has been mandatory. 

16 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

You just make this stuff up as you go? Jones fell to the third round because he had questionable hands.  Jordy and Jennings were second round picks, not overdrafted at all.

The bolded part you keep saying over and over and over is only existing in your mind.  It's a nice thought, but it is not provable.  Lack of character can get you scratched off someones board but there really isn't a metric to measure character.  UUUGGGHHHH.

Jones had good hands coming out. He had dropsies for a short spell but so did Adams whose hands were maybe best in class next to Landry.

Many questioned picking Jordy and Jennings there. Sorry. That's just what I remember. There is only one prospect on 20 years the Packers picked that had hands questions. That's J'Mon More. I was surprised they took him.

Edit: And on character, you are an idiot if you don't see what they look for there. It's not KC. It's why they didn't take Moss or Dez. Just read what Wolf himself said.

They have several boxes to check, as do all teams. At least how much they want it and how they fit in the locker room are huge. Q Williams is getting docked for his "naivity".

1 hour ago, JaireAlex said:

Jones had good hands coming out. He had dropsies for a short spell but so did Adams whose hands were maybe best in class next to Landry.

Many questioned picking Jordy and Jennings there. Sorry. That's just what I remember. There is only one prospect on 20 years the Packers picked that had hands questions. That's J'Mon More. I was surprised they took him.

People questioned picking Jordy and Jennings in the 2nd because they had no idea who they were.  All you had to do was watch their college film though and it was obvious why they were picked there.  With Jordy in particular, all you really had to do was watch his game against Aqib Talib, where he spent the entire day making Talib look like a middle school kid, when Talib was supposedly an amazing corner and everyone was riding his nuts like they contained the cure for leukemia.

6 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

People questioned picking Jordy and Jennings in the 2nd because they had no idea who they were.  All you had to do was watch their college film though and it was obvious why they were picked there.  With Jordy in particular, all you really had to do was watch his game against Aqib Talib, where he spent the entire day making Talib look like a middle school kid, when Talib was supposedly an amazing corner and everyone was riding his nuts like they contained the cure for leukemia.

Jordy went in the early second where he was supposed to go. He was mostly a surprise to us since we had driver, Jennings, Jones, and Martin. He was in no way a nobody though. The guy had 1600 yards his last year in school, was an all American/finalist for the Blietnikoff. Some people thought D Jackson should have gone before since he was more hyped (arguably had a better career too).

Jennings was a player a lot of people were wrong on. If I remember correctly, fans were mad since we traded Walker, and could have taken the draftnicks #1 wr prospect, but we traded down for like 2 late seconds

Anyways, Pauline just reported on his podcast that the Packers are high on Isabella. Good hands.

That's the fifth slot WR I've heard some connection with GB. ....hmmm. interesting to see whom we'll take. But we're definitely looking hard at every slot Round one to FA

5 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Jordy went in the early second where he was supposed to go. He was mostly a surprise to us since we had driver, Jennings, Jones, and Martin. He was in no way a nobody though. The guy had 1600 yards his last year in school, was an all American/finalist for the Blietnikoff. Some people thought D Jackson should have gone before since he was more hyped (arguably had a better career too).

Jennings was a player a lot of people were wrong on. If I remember correctly, fans were mad since we traded Walker, and could have taken the draftnicks #1 wr prospect, but we traded down for like 2 late seconds

I'm not saying he didn't go where he was supposed to, I'm referring to the reaction of fans when he was drafted.  I wasn't on this board at the time, but I remember another board where people were freaking out about "who the **** is this Jordy guy and why the **** did we draft him?".  A lot of people had either never heard of him or just wrote him off for some reason and were upset because he wasn't a sexy pick.  But all they had to do was go look at his stats and watch his film and you could see he was the real deal.  I'll never forget watching his game against Talib after they drafted him.  He worked him like a rented mule all game long.

13 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

Edit: And on character, you are an idiot if you don't see what they look for there. It's not KC. It's why they didn't take Moss or Dez. Just read what Wolf himself said.

They have several boxes, as do all teams. At least how much they want it and how they fit in the locker room are huge. Q Williams is getting docked for his "nativity".

First bolded: So your perspective on how much Green Bay emphasizes character is from 20 years ago?  Wolf even admitted he was wrong.

Second bolded: WTF does that even mean?

10 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

First bolded: So your perspective on how much Green Bay emphasizes character is from 20 years ago?  Wolf even admitted he was wrong.

Second bolded: WTF does that even mean?

Do you know why teams go to the combine? What are they there for? Meds and interviews. They were wrong on Moss as well as most teams: character concerns that did not exist. But yeah, you're blind if you don't get character. Why Randall was shipped.

Character is number one about drive and love of the game, secondly how they will affect the locker room. Jordy, James Jones, Cobb were all super high character guys. Adams has the drive to be number one receiver in the league. That is why you interview. You can have all the talent in the world but Donald Driver will beat you out. Off field concerns are also important. 

Q Williams has concerns about how he will handle being on a big market, per Pauline. I doubt he falls to GB for that. Just interesting. But all teams go over character.

And this is not my "perspective". This is well known and understood.

5 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Do you know why teams go to the combine? What are they there for? Meds and interviews. They were wrong on Moss as well as most teams: character concerns that did not exist. But yeah, you're blind if you don't get character. Why Randall was shipped.

Character is number one about drive and love of the game, secondly how they will affect the locker room. Jordy, James Jones, Cobb were all super high character guys. Adams has the drive to be number one receiver in the league. That is why you interview. You can have all the talent in the world but Donald Driver will beat you out. Off field concerns are also important. 

Q Williams has concerns about how he will handle being on a big market, per Pauline. I doubt he falls to GB for that. Just interesting. But all teams go over character.

Not sure where you are coming from sometimes.  Sure teams look at character in varying degrees;  some care, some don't.  Character is in the eye of beholder pure and simple and yes it was your perspective, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it and then said it was well known and understood.  Not sure being absolutely "pure" character wise is the #1 factor in being an all-pro but whatever trips your trigger in your thought process.  

39 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Q Williams has concerns about how he will handle being on a big market, per Pauline. I doubt he falls to GB for that. Just interesting. But all teams go over character..

IMO...this "concern" is prospect fatigue.  Q has no marks against his character.

1 hour ago, JaireAlex said:

You had me until this bolded line. Donald Driver had plenty of talent to go along with a big heart. He slide because of his college and slight frame, but he was a feakish athlete. I believe he high jumped 7'+ in high school. We found a diamond in the rough. 

13 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

Anyways, Pauline just reported on his podcast that the Packers are high on Isabella. Good hands.

That's the fifth slot WR I've heard some connection with GB. ....hmmm. interesting to see whom we'll take. But we're definitely looking hard at every slot Round one to FA

Pretty sure Isabella would be the smallest WR that the Packers have ever drafted under Ted/Gute.  And not by a close margin either.

2 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

No offense, but this is complete hogwash.  This is just some team in the 3-6 range trying to put out crap hoping that it sticks.  The month leading up to the draft is when teams try to leak out crap trying to manipulate the board.

2 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

Every player has red flags.  There is no such thing as a perfect prospect.  It's just a matter of how much red you're willing to deal with.

Archived