MO's Once a Generation Mock

MOSteelers56

1st- Clelin Ferrell- Edge - I think he will immediately improve our rotation in the front 7. He can rotate with Dupree and Watt on the Edge and he can put his hand in the dirt in pass rush situations in subpackages. He'll improve his game and take over for Bud next year.

2nd- Justin Layne- CB - I think he might turn into the best CB in the draft. He's big and athletic. He'll immediately be our best jump ball defender and will be waiting in the wings to replace Haden when he leaves. He will turn into what Burns should have. 

3rd- Darnell Savage- FS/CB - I think this dude comes in and improves our subpackage game. He's a hitter and takes the ball away. He can rotate around at nickel and FS. He'll step in and play kind of a hybrid FS/Slot/$LB. I see Savage as a Honey Badger type and will greatly improve our defense. 

3rd- Mecole Hardman- WR - Hardman is a straight burner. He's not huge but he makes up for that with speed in spades. He provides something we don't have, and that is speed in the slot. I think he plays fairly limited snaps his rookie year while he learns to become a better route runner and how to beat jams. We have some guys who will be ahead of him on the depth chart so we can bring him along slowly. I think we carry 6 WRs this year with Switzer being our 6th and return man.

4th- Foster Moreau- TE - He's a big tough kid that is more athletic than given credit for. I think he ends up being a steal in the 4th. I see him being a little like George Kittle coming out. Known as a blocker but is a little underutilized in college. I think he steps in as our #2 and becomes a much better pro than he was in college. 

5th-  Bobby Okereke- ILB - He is a heady, athletic guy. I think he replaces LJ Fort's ST role his rookie year. Eventually he might become a MACK.

6th- Isaiah Buggs- DL - Give Dunbar another former protege to work with. Maybe he develops into Alualu's replacement.  

6th-  David Sills- WR - We apparently love the dude. He doesn't really do it for me. He's a big body guy, but I'm not sure he's got the hands to overcome his lack of athleticism. 

6th-  Trevon Wesco- TE - This guy is a mauler. He will make the team and replace Grimble. He's a big, nasty blocker that can catch the ball every now and then, but doesn't need the ball thrown his way a lot. He will be a core ST guy/move blocker. I think he's a guy that can really help a team.

7th- Garrett Brumfield- IOL - He's a smallish interior O-lineman. Maybe he can develop into a backup one day. 

I see a lot of the same names when I go to various mock draft machine sites. I'd ike ILB higher that the 5th. I think we need to get someone be THE guy in the middle for years to come. I don't see a Potsie in this draft, but I do like Mack Wilson quite a bit. 

Very Steelersish and realistic mock even tho I think Savage May go higher....don’t forget Adderley or Bamas Thompson...Steelers at both pro days.

Just my .02 but add a K or P...especially if Steelers don’t trade picks, I’m pretty sure they’re bringing in some competition.

1 hour ago, cjfollett said:

I see a lot of the same names when I go to various mock draft machine sites. I'd ike ILB higher that the 5th. I think we need to get someone be THE guy in the middle for years to come. I don't see a Potsie in this draft, but I do like Mack Wilson quite a bit. 

I don't really see any big time difference makers after Devin White. I think Barron will be really good next year. He might decline a bit the year after and hopefully we'll be in a position to address the problem next year. I don't see a lot of realistic fixes this year.

1 hour ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Just my .02 but add a K or P...especially if Steelers don’t trade picks, I’m pretty sure they’re bringing in some competition.

I agree with this. I also doubt we make 10 selections. I just didn't want to try to predict trades.

9 minutes ago, DudeWhat??? said:

I like it..  not a fab of the TE because he is just another TE2 to me... savage might be gone...but its possible... I like the first pick... Ferrell will most likely be there too ..... if Bush isnt.. 

I thought that Moreau was going to be just a TE #2 at first too. I think his athletic profile translates well. LSU's offense is a cesspool anyway. They've been underutilizing players for 15 years. I think getting him a good QB will improve his game quite a bit. He's strong, explosive, and big. He reminds me of Vance, honestly. Plus, we really need a TE #2, so if that's all he becomes, then is it that big of a problem to spend a 4th on?

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't really see any big time difference makers after Devin White. I think Barron will be really good next year. He might decline a bit the year after and hopefully we'll be in a position to address the problem next year. I don't see a lot of realistic fixes this year.

2 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Fair enough, but I think anyone the Steelers draft this year or next will take a year or two to develop. Since they didn't get the guy last year, it seems more urgent to me this year. 

4 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

1st- Clelin Ferrell- Edge - I think he will immediately improve our rotation in the front 7. He can rotate with Dupree and Watt on the Edge and he can put his hand in the dirt in pass rush situations in subpackages. He'll improve his game and take over for Bud next year.

2nd- Justin Layne- CB - I think he might turn into the best CB in the draft. He's big and athletic. He'll immediately be our best jump ball defender and will be waiting in the wings to replace Haden when he leaves. He will turn into what Burns should have. 

3rd- Darnell Savage- FS/CB - I think this dude comes in and improves our subpackage game. He's a hitter and takes the ball away. He can rotate around at nickel and FS. He'll step in and play kind of a hybrid FS/Slot/$LB. I see Savage as a Honey Badger type and will greatly improve our defense. 

3rd- Mecole Hardman- WR - Hardman is a straight burner. He's not huge but he makes up for that with speed in spades. He provides something we don't have, and that is speed in the slot. I think he plays fairly limited snaps his rookie year while he learns to become a better route runner and how to beat jams. We have some guys who will be ahead of him on the depth chart so we can bring him along slowly. I think we carry 6 WRs this year with Switzer being our 6th and return man.

4th- Foster Moreau- TE - He's a big tough kid that is more athletic than given credit for. I think he ends up being a steal in the 4th. I see him being a little like George Kittle coming out. Known as a blocker but is a little underutilized in college. I think he steps in as our #2 and becomes a much better pro than he was in college. 

5th-  Bobby Okereke- ILB - He is a heady, athletic guy. I think he replaces LJ Fort's ST role his rookie year. Eventually he might become a MACK.

6th- Isaiah Buggs- DL - Give Dunbar another former protege to work with. Maybe he develops into Alualu's replacement.  

6th-  David Sills- WR - We apparently love the dude. He doesn't really do it for me. He's a big body guy, but I'm not sure he's got the hands to overcome his lack of athleticism. 

6th-  Trevon Wesco- TE - This guy is a mauler. He will make the team and replace Grimble. He's a big, nasty blocker that can catch the ball every now and then, but doesn't need the ball thrown his way a lot. He will be a core ST guy/move blocker. I think he's a guy that can really help a team.

7th- Garrett Brumfield- IOL - He's a smallish interior O-lineman. Maybe he can develop into a backup one day. 

We've got to be on the same wavelength with a lot of this!!!  I had some of these guys in my mock from a couple of days ago.

Have to say, I am not a fan of Layne.  I like the idea of Layne, but not him.  I can't really describe it, I just don't feel like he is gonna be the man.  Just me, but I would not take him at 52.  Plus, I don't think Savage would make it to 66, so that is why I took him at 52 instead of a corner.

You know how I feel about Hardman... I think he is perfect for Pittsburgh... again... HE WANTS TO BE A STEELER!!!

Moreau is made to be a Steeler.

I also love Wesco.. in my first run though of my one a couple of days ago, I took him before I decided to trade up for Moreau.  I was going to have 2 TE too!!!  If we take 2, I hope it is these two.

The infatuation with Sills is known.  I am not thinking he makes it to 209.

Otherwise, I am not sure how I feel about Okere and Buggs.  Heard tons of bad stuff about both, TBH.

I like this draft - you gave me a pass rusher (and one that fits more of the 4-2 sub packages), a corner where we desperately need and infusion of young talent, and a middle of the field defender....and you did it all before giving us a WR. 

I would prefer a bigger WR, as we already have 17 slot receivers on this roster, but I could live with it as he seems to have some special teams chops. 

Cool with the rest of the draft too (minus the second receiver), though I would probably prefer us to use those late picks to trade up and ensure we get the guys we want in the middle rounds - but I wouldn't complain about that in a mock. 

39 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

though I would probably prefer us to use those late picks to trade up and ensure we get the guys we want in the middle rounds - but I wouldn't complain about that in a mock. 

I would too honestly. I don't really see any chance 10 picks make the roster. I just didn't want to try and project trades.

Archived