If the Pelicans win the lottery does Davis stay?

MKnight82

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

If I'm the Pelicans I would never trade Davis within the West.  If held a gun to their head I would guess Ball, Ingram, Kuzma and picks.  

That's too much.  So all of their talent (minus) LeBron + picks?

#4 will be in the trade, so there's no way that Ball, Ingram and Kuzma are also in the trade.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Brandon Ingram's last month or so was awesome. Still only 21 (22 before next season) and has lots of potential that he's shown more than just flashes of both this season and last.

Also could offer their 2022 1st since that will be a double draft and LeBron will continue to decline.

So #4 overall, Ingram and 2022 first for Anthony Davis?

IMO, Pelicans should just rebuild.  Zion with the #4 pick (if they trade with the Lakers) and then they could trade someone like Holiday in the future.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

So #4 overall, Ingram and 2022 first for Anthony Davis?

IMO, Pelicans should just rebuild.  Zion with the #4 pick (if they trade with the Lakers) and then they could trade someone like Holiday in the future.

Plus other pieces.

If LA can get New Orleans to agree before free agency starts, then LA can sign a max guy, sign their draft picks, then trade whoever New Orleans wanted at #4, Ingram, Kuzma/Ball, Wagner, and a 2022 1st.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Plus other pieces.

If LA can get New Orleans to agree before free agency starts, then LA can sign a max guy, sign their draft picks, then trade whoever New Orleans wanted at #4, Ingram, Kuzma/Ball, Wagner, and a 2022 1st.

That's one thing I was going to ask you.  I know the Lakers only have space for one max guy this off-season.  But I guess you just answered my question because I was going to say could they get a max guy + swing a trade for Davis. 

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

That's one thing I was going to ask you.  I know the Lakers only have space for one max guy this off-season.  But I guess you just answered my question because I was going to say could they get a max guy + swing a trade for Davis. 

They can. They'd need to wait for their draft pick to sign before a trade anyways because they don't have the salaries to match a Davis trade right now, and you can't trade newly signed draft picks until 1 month after they sign their contract.

Edited by seminoles1

12 minutes ago, showtime said:

That's too much.  So all of their talent (minus) LeBron + picks?

#4 will be in the trade, so there's no way that Ball, Ingram and Kuzma are also in the trade.

Davis is a top 5 player in the NBA.  How wouldn't it take that?  

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Because that deal is just too much.  It's way better than the Knicks offer.  The Knicks' players in that potential trade SUCK compared to the Lakers players.  Sure they have a higher pick, but it's not Zion or Morant. 

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It might, but I'd only offer all of that if someone else beats their offer. Only New York can offer a better pick, but their young players all suck.

Boston can offer better players and more, but worse, picks, but will they do that if Kyrie leaves?

If New Orleans says we're rebuilding, not retooling, then only Boston (off the top of my head. I'm sure others could, but they aren't teams that are trying to trade for Davis) can beat an offer of:

#4, Ingram, Kuzma/Ball, and a 2022 1st.

But like I said, Boston's potential offer will depend on Irving.

Edited by seminoles1

Just now, showtime said:

Because that deal is just too much.  It's way better than the Knicks offer.  The Knicks' players in that potential trade SUCK compared to the Lakers players.  Sure they have a higher pick, but it's not Zion or Morant. 

I don't disagree about the Knicks offer but the Celtics can make a massive offer.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I don't disagree about the Knicks offer but the Celtics can make a massive offer.  

Davis is not going to re-sign with the Celtics.  I posted all this in the past, but his father hates the Celtics and I believe Davis has made a comment about them long ago.  He doesn't want to go to Boston, especially if Kyrie is going to leave.  If Kyrie isn't there and they gave up all those young players for him.... What is the point is signing in a long term deal? 

His free agency is going to keep a lot of teams out of the conversation, especially since it's pretty clear that he wants to be a Laker.

Just now, showtime said:

Davis is not going to re-sign with the Celtics.  I posted all this in the past, but his father hates the Celtics and I believe Davis has made a comment about them long ago.  He doesn't want to go to Boston, especially if Kyrie is going to leave.  If Kyrie isn't there and they gave up all those young players for him.... What is the point is signing in a long term deal? 

His free agency is going to keep a lot of teams out of the conversation, especially since it's pretty clear that he wants to be a Laker.

Then why accept a low ball offer from the Lakers?  Isn't going into the season with a chance Davis falls in love playing with Zion better than some Ingram/ #4 package?  

Then why accept a low ball offer from the Lakers?  Isn't going into the season with a chance Davis falls in love playing with Zion better than some Ingram/ #4 package?  

Yes, but if Davis doesn't sign that extension before the deadline, then he has to be traded.

Okay so, Davis has made it 100% clear he doesn't want to be with the Pelicans anymore.  So they literally have to trade him.  They have no leverage in this at all.

Davis can slightly manipulate where he goes because there are several clubs he will not re-sign with.

For example, lets say that a team offers a better deal than the Lakers.  A team like the Timberwolves, for example.  But then Davis tells them he will not re-sign.  That team likely will pull their offer, wouldn't they?  Granted, that team could risk it, like Toronto is doing with Kawhi Leonard.  The thing about Leonard is that he is not like Davis and has always left the idea of signing with the Raptors open.  Davis is more clear about what he wants.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

Okay so, Davis has made it 100% clear he doesn't want to be with the Pelicans anymore.  So they literally have to trade him.  They have no leverage in this at all.

Davis can slightly manipulate where he goes because there are several clubs he will not re-sign with.

For example, lets say that a team offers a better deal than the Lakers.  A team like the Timberwolves, for example.  But then Davis tells them he will not re-sign.  That team likely will pull their offer, wouldn't they?  Granted, that team could risk it, like Toronto is doing with Kawhi Leonard.  The thing about Leonard is that he is not like Davis and has always left the idea of signing with the Raptors open.  Davis is more clear about what he wants.

I don't think he's definitively said I wont sign with _____. Plus the Lakers are turning into even more of a circus, even if he 100% wanted to go there before that could have changed. 

Edited by amac