Micro-Mafia Games - Game 2, Jester Mafia - Night Thusday @ 10pm EST

Dome

3 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Don't out stuff in the thread that isn't clear as day

It was abundantly clear if you’re looking for it.  I can’t help that the game is full of morons.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Nice comeback, town. 

@theuntouchable did you guys hit me on n2 because you thought I was the cop? :D That's the only reason could figure, because I'm kind of worthless when it comes to the threadplay portion of the game. I don't really offer a ton with regards to scum hunting. I feel like it would have made much more sense to target Swag / Pickle N2 

They may have read you as a cop.

They may also have seen Pickle or Swag as much easier mis-lynches

In a 3-2 ratio, they just needed ONE of them to vote for the other, and they could pile on. It would be MUCH easier to force a mislynch with both of them in the game, than you.

Just my 2 cents, interested to hear Touch's answer though

6 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Don't out stuff in the thread that isn't clear as day

I think disagree

I have to assume that if I see something, then mafia has seen it as well

Mafia not only usually reads more carefully, but they have the added advantage of having the context of who is and isn't mafia. It makes it WAY more easy for them to determine specials than it is for the civs to. Therefore, I have to imagine their list of potential specials is more refined than mine is.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nice comeback, town. 

@theuntouchable did you guys hit me on n2 because you thought I was the cop? :D That's the only reason could figure, because I'm kind of worthless when it comes to the threadplay portion of the game. I don't really offer a ton with regards to scum hunting. I feel like it would have made much more sense to target Swag / Pickle N2 

You played well imo, especially as a townie. It takes time to get a feel for what to look for in scum play

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Forge sorta killed it, but also, I would have gotten Counselor lynched D2 but for him.

I read Forge as cop at one point too.. But he started saying the same things about Naz as he did about Counselor

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I think disagree

I have to assume that if I see something, then mafia has seen it as well

Mafia not only usually reads more carefully, but they have the added advantage of having the context of who is and isn't mafia. It makes it WAY more easy for them to determine specials than it is for the civs to. Therefore, I have to imagine their list of potential specials is more refined than mine is.

Someone pushing someone is not clear

Tk3 made the point the best.

What are your ******* scum experiences where your chat does not parse the thread and discern every minor detail to exacerbate the information assymetry?  Unless it’s insanely obscure, they see it.

4 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Forge sorta killed it, but also, I would have gotten Counselor lynched D2 but for him.

I actually have a question on that. 

Obviously, N2, I refused to lynch Counselor. The reason was actually simple - when I did my hole schtick, Counselor made this very weird response regarding my post. It led me to think that he was either the cop, or he was scum with no inbetween. I saw 0% that he was vanilla town. But I was torn because I didn't want to have the real cop have to CC and out himself, nor did I want to out Counselor if he was in fact that. Should I have pushed that D2, or should I have gone the direction I went and refused to talk about it until day 3 (which was the day I felt it was more sensible for the cop to be out)? 

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

What are your ******* scum experiences where your chat does not parse the thread and discern every minor detail to exacerbate the information assymetry?  Unless it’s insanely obscure, they see it.

I could have been mafia pushing ET...that was not a reason to out it in the thread. You had a better reason, but again the lyrics are not always what you think they are

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I read Forge as cop at one point too.. But he started saying the same things about Naz as he did about Counselor

Sorry, I think that was where we crossed wires. I tried to lay the groundwork to show why I wanted to hold off on Counselor (because my posts regarding him were weird - I repeatedly said that I sketched me out, while at the same time refusing to lynch him), but it was largely because as vanilla town, I thought that he may have been the cop. I didn't want to mislynch a special on D2 - I felt that was better to get out into the open on D3. 

12 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Someone pushing someone is not clear

Obviously it isn't

But if I'm scum and I think Player A is soft claiming a special role and Player B starts doubling down on Player A, then I have it in my mind that player B might actually be the special that Player A is soft claiming to be

Do you get where I am coming from? Mafia, knowing that neither Player A nor Player B are mafia, are probably thinking that one of them is a special and will plan accordingly

That is why I was trying to get some clarity in-thread.

My fear was that ET would be lynched, and you would be hit (which, surprise, ended up happening)

My goal was for the Cop to hardclaim. This would do 2 things

1. Render their power useless until the roleblocker was dead, but at the very minimum it gave the Doctor some direction to keep a cleared civ alive. 1 cleared civ who was unkillable until the Doctor died is powerful (example: Game 1)
  2. A forced hardclaim allows for a counter hardclaim, if available. This exposes a mafia

That was my logic, I explained it in the thread, and the fact that several of you were unwilling to read it is not my fault

6 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Is it possible that those things only happen when there are good players in the mafia group to do it?

Maybe if the mafia group was player X and player Y instead of Touch, then maybe it is just thumb-sitting and randomized hits

Archived