Micro-Mafia Games - Game 2, Jester Mafia - Night Thusday @ 10pm EST

Dome

12 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

I think the civ specials should wait until N2 to reveal themselves. 

Get some results before we throw one of them to the wolves/dudes in stupid hats. 

I hate to agree with you but in this situation I do.  With 2 "invests" out there it would be much more difficult for scum to hit the right one. It would then allow for the best odds at getting at least one of them alive until d3.  Have myself alive in that last micro game essentially saved us late once mafia dropped the ball in that one.  

I don’t know what you’re all not understanding.  There is no D3 unless we hit a scum.  If it’s two mislynches, then town lose.

7 - 2 - 2 = 2 scum, 1 Town.  Tomorrow is LyLo if we’re wrong today.  

Regardless of which approach we do, it is imperative for you to understand that.

4 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I don’t know what you’re all not understanding.  There is no D3 unless we hit a scum.  If it’s two mislynches, then town lose.

7 - 2 - 2 = 2 scum, 1 Town.  Tomorrow is LyLo if we’re wrong today.  

Regardless of which approach we do, it is imperative for you to understand that.

Got it now.  So then it seems my thought process is moved up by a day.  

Would it be more beneficial then to make sure the invests get a shot at mafia tonight or to have cleared town.  I'm leaning towards staying silent on claiming bc It helped town last game (different setup though) and seems to be able to help again.  

What are your thoughts swag? 

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

Got it now.  So then it seems my thought process is moved up by a day.  

Would it be more beneficial then to make sure the invests get a shot at mafia tonight or to have cleared town.  I'm leaning towards staying silent on claiming bc It helped town last game (different setup though) and seems to be able to help again.  

What are your thoughts swag? 

The thing is that the specials' abilities aren't all that great honestly. They need each other to really get a full clear on any person until we know what we are up against. If we lynch incorrectly n1, their invests are almost useless for day 2 since each only had half the clear on whomever they invest, and as swag said, that could be a problem since there is no day three if we mislynch n2 as well.

Optimally, they would each invest the same person n1 to get a full clear on a single person if the specials don't claim today.  But you're still hoping that mafia doesn't just happen to pick one of them as a hit n1. The secondary problem with that is that if we announce it in thread, it's wise for scum to just hit the invested person at night if they are town to make the specials' ability largely moot for n1 (not much they can do about it if the person chosen were to be scum).

1 hour ago, DingoLadd said:

Zip it for tonight, get results tomorrow and then claim so we can not lynch you. 

If we get mafia tonight, great if not we'll have the results tomorrow to narrow it down. 

No, we won’t.  I’m going to lynch you just because you’re incapable of comprehension.

Suppose we mislynch today, and both investigators make it to tomorrow.  Both have results, but neither found scum.  THIS DOES NOT HELP US BECAUSE WE DONT KNOW WHICH ACTUALLY CLEARS SOMEONE

Archived