#2 Toronto Raptors vs. #3 Philadelphia 76ers | 2019 East Semifinals

11sanchez11

Brett Brown better not be affiliated with this team when we lose this series. Game 4 was a must win and he got soundly outcoached. Then he lets the team come out with this type of effort to follow up. But the reports about how the Sixers have allowed Embiid to mismanage his health only confirm what I've seen from Brown all season. Brown has overused him and not cared about his health and this is the result.

10 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Brett Brown better not be affiliated with this team when we lose this series. Game 4 was a must win and he got soundly outcoached. Then he lets the team come out with this type of effort to follow up. But the reports about how the Sixers have allowed Embiid to mismanage his health only confirm what I've seen from Brown all season. Brown has overused him and not cared about his health and this is the result.

That's organizational. Can't put Embiid's minutes throughout the year all on the coach. But I agree that the minutes he played this season were absurd. Should have been on the Kawhi season plan. 

EMbiid looks like he is dead and brings down energy of the team.

Ben Simmons looks bad, not an easy matchup with Kawhai on both ends, but he has been missing easy shots.

Harris does not look like a max player.

Jimmy does look like a max player. 

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

It's Game 5...

Yeah but it's hard to see them recovering after blowing a great chance in game 4 and getting their clocks cleaned. Embiid doesn't appear to be anywhere near full strength 

1 minute ago, amac said:

76ers stink.

Gonna be interesting to see where they go from here. Almost disappointed to see the 2 big future hopes of the East fizzling out so quickly

To me....Jimmy Butler is a much better player than Tobias Harris. But paying Jimmy comes with some major risks - age/mileage/personality. Tobias is younger and a player that is an easy fit around their guys but he just isn't a max player. Pretty disappointing that this is the core they ended up with after all that discussion about the process 

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

To me....Jimmy Butler is a much better player than Tobias Harris. But paying Jimmy comes with some major risks - age/mileage/personality. Tobias is younger and a player that is an easy fit around their guys but he just isn't a max player. Pretty disappointing that this is the core they ended up with after all that discussion about the process 

This core can win. They just need Simmons to develop, keep Embiid healthy, and gain chemistry. Whether the chemistry is a coaching issue is another question. 

6 minutes ago, amac said:

Yeah but it's hard to see them recovering after blowing a great chance in game 4 and getting their clocks cleaned. Embiid doesn't appear to be anywhere near full strength 

I literally heard the exact same things in the inverse after Game 3.

4 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

This core can win. They just need Simmons to develop, keep Embiid healthy, and gain chemistry. Whether the chemistry is a coaching issue is another question. 

It definitely is a coaching issue. This team can compete. It needs to get rid of Brett Brown first and foremost. It needs to better spread out Embiid's (and Boban's) minutes in the regular season. The new coach also needs to encourage Ben to shoot more because I have little to no doubt that BB has told Ben not to shoot.

3 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

it's why the trade for Tobias didn't make a ton of sense to me. hard to create a championship level team on the fly. 

3 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

I don't know if I see Simmons and Butler ever meshing. Embiid and Simmons obviously have some potentially serious flaws long term, and this team clearly could use a different type of leader. 

Archived