My 32 team, 7 round mock draft. I have no life.

John232

I'm posting this here first so I can get feed back, edit suggestions. But i'm tired and pretty much locking this in. I tried to explain my reasoning for the first 4 rounds on each pick. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18FL1y2Z4utpdW-tUlK7Au4Xu45yKGEY2mGnBoxGpUFg/edit?usp=sharing

I'll just list the 49er picks and then if you want you can see the context behind the picks. 

Draft: 

2. Nick Bosa

36. AJ Brown

67. S - Juan Thornhill

105. CB Sean Bunting

172. IOL Alex Bars

214. LB Cole Holcomb 

my 53: 

ST: 

P - Not Bradley

K - Not Robbie 

LS - Someone?
ST: Raheem

(4)

Offense: 

QB: Jimmy G,, Nick (2)

RB: TC, Jet, Breida, (3)

TE/FB: Juice, Kittle, Celek, TBD  (4)

WR: Goodwin, Pettis, Brown, Taylor, Matthews (5)

OT: Staley, McGlinchey, Coleman,  (3) 

IOL: Richburg, Tomlinson, Person. Garland, Bars (5)

Defense: 

EDGE: Bosa, Ford, Blair, Taylor (4)

IDL: Buckner, Armstead, Solly, Jones  (4) 

SAM: Nzeochoka, Pita T. (2)

LB: Alexander, Warner, Mayo, Lee, Smith (5)

OCB: Sherman, Verrett, Bunting, Moore, Witherspoon (5)

NB: Williams, Reed (2)

FS: Ward, Thornhill, Colbert (3) 

SS: Tartt, Harris,  (2)

Notable Cuts/Roster moves: 

Damontre Moore - really think he's going to push for a spot though.

Dekota Watson -  going to be tight between him and Pita, but Pita flashed some on ST last year..think he gets the edge. 

Antoine Exum - Too many bodies but I think he and Colbert are going to battling for this spot. Would not be surprised or disappointed if Exum won. 

Sheldon Day - Too many bodies. Taylor can kick inside too. 

CJ Beathard (or Mullens) will get moved for a swing tackle, TE or future pick. 

Kendrick Bourne  (cut or traded) - With the high likelihood of us carrying 4 RB's, WR might have to pay the price. Jet, Juice and Kittle are multiple enough to where they can kick out wide in certain sets. With that sort of versatility, I don't think 6 receivers is a need. I leaned Bourne due to the fact that he's probably the worst receiver out of the bunch, but I wouldn't be surprised if Trent Taylor is the odd man out because of his injury. 

Magnusson - He's not good. Garland provides better utility and Person can play center (Bars might be able too as well). 

Notable PS: 

LB - Cole Holcomb 

DL - Kentavius Street

WR - Richie James

Love the draft, I think you could possibly try and find a SAM and only address one of those positions in the secondary but that's really just a nitpick. 

I'd expect Bourne to beat out Matthews. Taylor is pretty close to a roster lock. 

Been waiting with baited breath for weeks! ( I require no oxygen to live )

* The first 2 picks of Bosa and AJ Brown are about as perfect as it gets. Both top 20 players, as far as I'm concerned. 

* I like the Alex Bars pick. Actually sitting here watching the full Stanford/ND game right this minute.. and not for the first time.

* The Thornhill and Bunting picks are good value, far as I can tell. Wouldn't call them "favorites", but all in all, no complaints. 

You get dinged for presentation.. while the spreadsheet is neat enough.. your post cuts right to it, and removes the real suspense of an evolving draft. :P 

animated-smileys-score-cards-07.gif

33 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Love the draft, I think you could possibly try and find a SAM and only address one of those positions in the secondary but that's really just a nitpick. 

I'd expect Bourne to beat out Matthews. Taylor is pretty close to a roster lock. 

Yeah, in earlier revisions I had is grabbing a SAM but I’m not sure there’s going to be anyone worth grabbing at that point. Maybe Tavai?

Yeah I have no idea what to expect. I’d say if Taylor is healthy, he’s a lock. If he’s not..he’s gone. Bourne and Matthews are so similar they’re definitely fighting for eachothers spot. Richie James will also very much be in the conversation and wouldn’t be surprised if he beats out someone for a spot.

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

Been waiting with baited breath for weeks! ( I require no oxygen to live )

* The first 2 picks of Bosa and AJ Brown are about as perfect as it gets. Both top 20 players, as far as I'm concerned. 

* I like the Alex Bars pick. Actually sitting here watching the full Stanford/ND game right this minute.. and not for the first time.

* The Thornhill and Bunting picks are good value, far as I can tell. Wouldn't call them "favorites", but all in all, no complaints. 

You get dinged for presentation.. while the spreadsheet is neat enough.. your post cuts right to it, and removes the real suspense of an evolving draft. :P 

animated-smileys-score-cards-07.gif

You're right. That's the best part. I either have to make more tabs or a figure out a way to make the mouse reveal when the cursor is over a column. 

I will eventually get around to the whole 7 rounds, but for now our draft:

Without any trades back, this would be my 2nd most ideal draft scenario. I would be absolutely ecstatic. Bosa is my #1 overall, and it is has been that way since last draft ended. It's been that way for most. That's rare for a defensive player or any non-QB. On top of that, it's a difficult to fill position and a position of major need. At #2, he's the guy I want. But because of our lack of picks, the top of the draft depth on the edge, and our roster's lack of depth all-around, I might lean trade back.

Brown is my #2 WR in the class, so I love that choice at #36. I think he's a perfect fit at the Z Receiver and can start right away. N'Keal Harry is my favorite WR this year and could be around, so to me that's the only better choice. With Thornhill in the 3rd, you have completed what I feel is an almost perfect first two days. Three guys I have as first round talents at three need positions. 

And I love the Bunting pick in the 4th as well. I think this is an ideal spot for him. I also like Bars and Holcomb at the end to complete among the most stellar drafts I could imagine. 

I do wish a second tight end was found to pair with Kittle, and I think that's this draft's lone fault. I think that's a spot on the roster where we can definitely improve, and I really like the tight end class as a whole. But you can't fix everything with six picks.

But seriously, love this overall. 

13 minutes ago, John232 said:

Alright, separated by tabs now

Yes, MUCH better now. I was considering dropping my grade further once I spotted Miles Boykin down there at 112, and Miles Sanders at 80. 

These are making me boil with rage. 

Add to that, you have Tillery dropping to 31... for THE RAMS!!!! THE RAMS!!!!!! >:(

Then, you manage to place Hanks to 145 in rd 5. 

200w.webp?cid=790b76115cc0f3b94d6f5a666f

13 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Yes, MUCH better now. I was considering dropping my grade further once I spotted Miles Boykin down there at 112, and Miles Sanders at 80. 

These are making me boil with rage. 

Add to that, you have Tillery dropping to 31... for THE RAMS!!!! THE RAMS!!!!!! >:(

Then, you manage to place Hanks to 145 in rd 5. 

200w.webp?cid=790b76115cc0f3b94d6f5a666f

Funny you saved this. Before I went through multiple revisions..I had us picking him the third. Here's what I wrote on  Boykins:

Ok, I know some 49er fans will get triggered. That's fine. Personally, I don't get a ton of the hate when it comes to Boykin, he's capable of beating press consistently at the college level, he separates well at the top of routes (though he's not an incredible separator in general) but he really wins catching through contact and high pointing balls. In my mind, he's similar to JJ-AW in that sense. Not to mention all of receivers currently rostered test high in agility drills, which Boykin smashed. For a team that needs a split-end (x) Boykin already does many of those things well and has a lot of room get even better. He won't start day 1 but I do believe he'd see a lot of playing time by the end of the year and will eventually allow for Pettis to play the Z full time. High upside play also appears to be an MO of our FO. I also get it if people would prefer JJ-AW, but I just think Boykin is a little more dynamic overall and I think the FO will value that more. ( I worry about JJ-AW being a bit 1 dimensional).

26 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I will eventually get around to the whole 7 rounds, but for now our draft:

Without any trades back, this would be my 2nd most ideal draft scenario. I would be absolutely ecstatic. Bosa is my #1 overall, and it is has been that way since last draft ended. It's been that way for most. That's rare for a defensive player or any non-QB. On top of that, it's a difficult to fill position and a position of major need. At #2, he's the guy I want. But because of our lack of picks, the top of the draft depth on the edge, and our roster's lack of depth all-around, I might lean trade back.

Brown is my #2 WR in the class, so I love that choice at #36. I think he's a perfect fit at the Z Receiver and can start right away. N'Keal Harry is my favorite WR this year and could be around, so to me that's the only better choice. With Thornhill in the 3rd, you have completed what I feel is an almost perfect first two days. Three guys I have as first round talents at three need positions. 

And I love the Bunting pick in the 4th as well. I think this is an ideal spot for him. I also like Bars and Holcomb at the end to complete among the most stellar drafts I could imagine. 

I do wish a second tight end was found to pair with Kittle, and I think that's this draft's lone fault. I think that's a spot on the roster where we can definitely improve, and I really like the tight end class as a whole. But you can't fix everything with six picks.

But seriously, love this overall. 

The TE thing was a real problem. There are so many teams that need TE's this year that I think most good prospects are going to get bumped a round. Ideally, Josh Oliver is there..but he's honestly too nice a prospect to drop that far in a scarce draft. The only justification for us at 4 would be Warring or Sample. 

I really tried to find a TE for us but just gave in the mid-late rounds for the value other guys. 

Archived