Jump to content
Woz

2019 1.26 (26) Washington Redskins select EDGE Montez Sweat, Mississippi State

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Woz said:

... okay ... umm, sure?

I hear ya, it’s not going to happen but I don’t know why any talent evaluator like Kyle Smith would watch Ryan Anderson in college and not think everything I’ve said about him since he was drafted.

Tim Williams (another one of those Williams boys as my grandfather would say) is likely to start for the Ravens this year. We’ll see what he does and if passing on him a few years back was the wrong thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I hear ya, it’s not going to happen but I don’t know why any talent evaluator like Kyle Smith would watch Ryan Anderson in college and not think everything I’ve said about him since he was drafted.

Tim Williams (another one of those Williams boys as my grandfather would say) is likely to start for the Ravens this year. We’ll see what he does and if passing on him a few years back was the wrong thing.

Regardless of what Tim Williams does, passing on Zac Cunningham for Ryan Anderson was the wrong thing. That's known now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Regardless of what Tim Williams does, passing on Zac Cunningham for Ryan Anderson was the wrong thing. That's known now.

Definitely, we both wanted him. Heck, I was saying  we should take him round 1, but then the unthinkable happened w/ Jonathan Allen falling to us.

I wonder if Kyle would rather have Allen or Solomon Thomas today...

I still cant believe Thomas got drafted that high. I always saw him as a good but not elite prospect. Oh well, worked out for us for once!

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Passing on Eddie Jackson for Ryan Anderson and Fabian Moreau was the most idiotic draft decision we’ve made in the last few years. 

Yeah, another prospect who was a first-round talent who fell to us and we stupidly passed on. 

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm coming to the opinion that Washington should always try to trade up from their second round pick to the bottom of the first if they can. At least they can get a fifth year out of the player. Either that, or trade out of the second. It's not good to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Woz said:

I'm coming to the opinion that Washington should always try to trade up from their second round pick to the bottom of the first if they can. At least they can get a fifth year out of the player. Either that, or trade out of the second. It's not good to them.

Remains to be seen if the trade up is a good move or not. I hope it will be and Montez will be good to great for us but we won't know that yet.

2nd round definitely hasn't been good to us though for what seems like decades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Woz said:

I'm coming to the opinion that Washington should always try to trade up from their second round pick to the bottom of the first if they can. At least they can get a fifth year out of the player. Either that, or trade out of the second. It's not good to them.

Sign me up for trading out of the 2nd every year to pick up a 1 the following year we can throw in a late round pick if we need to to make it happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×