#1 Golden St Warriors vs #4 Houston Rockets | 2019 West Semifinals

Texansfan713

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Let's get it!! 

But I think it is going 7 to be honest.

With KD, then for sure Dubs in probably 5. Without him? We're talking 7 game series. 

Won’t be surprised if the Blazers win of course. Moda Center is lit  

Here’s my thoughts on the series though. Blazers got great (and unsustainable) performances from Kanter, Hood, Curry and even CJ was playing way above his head for their wins. None of the Nuggets role guys really stepped up and the bench was horrid (Non jokic minutes were a -38 for the nuggets through 4 games). Yet the series was even through 4 and the Nuggets looked like the superior team, IMO. 

Role players for the nugs finally stepped up in game 5. Dame was shooting well and had 18 at half yet the Blazers were down 20. 

That was at home of course so we’ll see. I just really think the Nugs are the better team and would love to see them carry momentum and close tonight. Blazers look like the exhausted team, which makes no sense 

Also think Warriors can't guard Harden in this series this year when he's not being an idiot. Maybe this is just me, but since he's been so deadly on contested step backs, I think they're giving him more respect than ever. He basically has a free lane to drive anytime, and even elite defenders like Klay and Iggy can't stay in front because their primary objective seems to be to not let him kill them with 3s. The rest of the team is not rotating and helping well at all when he drives. The problem is part of the series Harden was playing like an idiot and telegraphed his stupid 3 pt shots. I think he's now being more patient and decisive and getting free drives to the rim, driving right a lot too, and it's now opening up his 3 pt shot because the defenders are off balance, so he has more space to shoot and his 3pt step backs aren't awful shots like they were in the earlier games. Basically he's reading his defender more, and dancing less and being infinitely more effective (and not boring! yay!).

18 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Also think Warriors can't guard Harden in this series this year when he's not being an idiot. Maybe this is just me, but since he's been so deadly on contested step backs, I think they're giving him more respect than ever. He basically has a free lane to drive anytime, and even elite defenders like Klay and Iggy can't stay in front because their primary objective seems to be to not let him kill them with 3s. The rest of the team is not rotating and helping well at all when he drives. The problem is part of the series Harden was playing like an idiot and telegraphed his stupid 3 pt shots. I think he's now being more patient and decisive and getting free drives to the rim, driving right a lot too, and it's now opening up his 3 pt shot because the defenders are off balance, so he has more space to shoot and his 3pt step backs aren't awful shots like they were in the earlier games. Basically he's reading his defender more, and dancing less and being infinitely more effective (and not boring! yay!).

Except for the 4th quarter of a huge game 5 when he decided to disappear for 8 minutes.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Except for the 4th quarter of a huge game 5 when he decided to disappear for 8 minutes.

He was also awful at the end of game 4 after playing so well before that.

I guess that maybe doesn't change.

43 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Anyone else insanely impressed with Capela's ability to stick with Curry on switches? Doesn't even seem like a mismatch because Curry never gets anything easy when it happens lol

I can't say I am. Curry hasn't shot well at the rim. Whenever Capela has been on him, he's had no issue blowing by him.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I can't say I am. Curry hasn't shot well at the rim. Whenever Capela has been on him, he's had no issue blowing by him.

Really? From what I remember he always stays on his hip and forces him to throw it higher off the board (harder) or just shoot a well contested shot.

48 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Anyone else insanely impressed with Capela's ability to stick with Curry on switches? Doesn't even seem like a mismatch because Curry never gets anything easy when it happens lol

He's doing fine, but Capela is the one guy Steph is able to get his step back off on but just hasn't been hitting. And then other times when he does go by Capela, he is missing a lot of shots at the rim so it makes it seem like Capela is doing a better job than he really is. Also, if you notice, the Rockets completely load up on Curry's drives and leave Iggy/Livingston/Draymond open. When Iggy is hitting his shots, it's not a problem but he was missing quite a bit yesterday.

42 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Harden for the most part has been impressive no doubt. The fear is not only the step back, but getting called for a foul on his three ball so you kind of have to give him space. I mean if not, then you just get called for entering his "landing zone" or whatever the hell that means. The call on Durant was so garbage yesterday. The Rockets have definitely figured out the best way to game the system. I'm expecting an off shooting night for him next game though. Like a 10-29 or 10-30 type of shooting night. Once again late in the game he was a non-factor yesterday. You may be on to something that he starts to second guess himself and gets a bit hesitant. Now, the Rockets were still scoring in the 4th quarter when he was quiet, but he wasn't nearly as aggressive and didn't pull the trigger on a few shots that he would have earlier in the game. This is why I still fear CP3 and Gordon more than him in clutch situations. Well, I used to fear CP3 more, but that man is looking a bit old and washed as he can't go by anyone. 

7 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Really? From what I remember he always stays on his hip and forces him to throw it higher off the board (harder) or just shoot a well contested shot.

Maybe earlier in the series, but in the last few games? Curry has gotten by him and just missed bunnies. But KD is gone and Curry can play his game now. Back to doing what he is accustomed to doing and having the ball in his hands for majority of the possessions.

Draymond though, still in awe of his 4th quarter yesterday on both ends. Dude just took over with his energy and how hard he was playing. Rockets no doubt are more talented and better than the Dubs without KD, but I don't know if they have that championship mettle. Like they have too many suspect moments for a team that good. Happened in games 6 and 7 last year and then yesterday in the 4th quarter. 

Game 6 though with by the Curry game of the series. Can't wait! 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Won’t be surprised if the Blazers win of course. Moda Center is lit  

Here’s my thoughts on the series though. Blazers got great (and unsustainable) performances from Kanter, Hood, Curry and even CJ was playing way above his head for their wins. None of the Nuggets role guys really stepped up and the bench was horrid (Non jokic minutes were a -38 for the nuggets through 4 games). Yet the series was even through 4 and the Nuggets looked like the superior team, IMO. 

Role players for the nugs finally stepped up in game 5. Dame was shooting well and had 18 at half yet the Blazers were down 20. 

That was at home of course so we’ll see. I just really think the Nugs are the better team and would love to see them carry momentum and close tonight. Blazers look like the exhausted team, which makes no sense 

Oh I said from the beginning that the Nuggets are the better team but the Blazers got that lethal back court. Once Milsap took his game to another level, it's been wide and clear who the superior squad is. I just think Lillard and the boys put together a tough performance from the opening tip to force game 7. 

I just wanted to see Murray ball out this series and show some signs that he can take the next step and he's done just that. I'm good with whatever happens now but dude is everything that I thought he could be. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Harden for the most part has been impressive no doubt. The fear is not only the step back, but getting called for a foul on his three ball so you kind of have to give him space. I mean if not, then you just get called for entering his "landing zone" or whatever the hell that means. The call on Durant was so garbage yesterday. The Rockets have definitely figured out the best way to game the system. I'm expecting an off shooting night for him next game though. Like a 10-29 or 10-30 type of shooting night. Once again late in the game he was a non-factor yesterday. You may be on to something that he starts to second guess himself and gets a bit hesitant. Now, the Rockets were still scoring in the 4th quarter when he was quiet, but he wasn't nearly as aggressive and didn't pull the trigger on a few shots that he would have earlier in the game. This is why I still fear CP3 and Gordon more than him in clutch situations. Well, I used to fear CP3 more, but that man is looking a bit old and washed as he can't go by anyone. 

Yea I don't think he's played at his regular season impact level, but it's nice to see him go from probably a net negative to making a lot fewer bad plays and get much higher quality shots. I mean he was already starting to look like organic poop sauce towards the tail end in the series against Utah, so I had really low expectations going into this.

9 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Yea I don't think he's played at his regular season impact level, but it's nice to see him go from probably a net negative to making a lot fewer bad plays and get much higher quality shots. I mean he was already starting to look like organic poop sauce towards the tail end in the series against Utah, so I had really low expectations going into this.

No doubt he's been good. Now let's see if he can close the deal here. This very well may be his best shot to get to the finals with KD hurt. Really has no excuses here. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

No doubt he's been good. Now let's see if he can close the deal here. This very well may be his best shot to get to the finals with KD hurt. Really has no excuses here. 

Would be fitting if the Warriors lose a 3-2 lead with Durant being out...

Archived